Recent Topics

Ads

Witch Hunter Help

Let's talk about... everything else
Fiddlehero

Witch Hunter Help

Post#1 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:54 pm

Hi folks, I've been recently playing my witch hunter, and I'm not sure which tactics/mastery skills I ought to be using. Generally when I open up combat, I'll start with burn armor, and then stack fervor 3 times for the DoT, pop burn heretic, and go to razor strike (or torment if they're running). I'll do that until I can use another execution and rinse and repeat. I don't seem to be doing a whole lot of damage to my targets though, do I not have the right tactics slotted, or mastery trees chosen?

I used to play a slayer on Live, so the witch hunter class is somewhat different to me.

Thank you for any advice!
Rychter-Witch Hunter
Valrin-Engineer
Targrimm-Slayer
Norgar-Runepriest
Thyrsis-Shadow Warrior
Freiderick-Bright Wizard
Halgard-Ironbreaker

Ads
Penril

Re: Witch Hunter Help

Post#2 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:02 pm

What level are you?

Fiddlehero

Post#3 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:08 pm

Sorry, I'm only level 13.
Rychter-Witch Hunter
Valrin-Engineer
Targrimm-Slayer
Norgar-Runepriest
Thyrsis-Shadow Warrior
Freiderick-Bright Wizard
Halgard-Ironbreaker

Penril

Post#4 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:21 pm

Dont use Fervor, use Razor Strike instead. After jumping a target, use Feinted positioning and spam Torment. Finish them with Absolution.

If fighting a healer, use Blessed Bullets of Confession.

Not much more you can do at that level tbh.

nydig

Post#5 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:33 pm

At 30 you will want to use flanking brute force and the 50% crit dmg tactic in right tree.

As was said dont use the dot its just bad and anyone who makes it to max level and still uses it should feel bad. When t4 comes out you will use either burn away lies or exit wound (my personal choice for best wh spec) and absolution as your finishers.

Also I forgot but at higher level you prob wont use razor strike much since the spec points in right tree will make torment do almost the same dmg and torment is less ap so trying to get the back and torment spam will be better then razor strike since we/wh don't stack ws like other melee.

Gobtar

Post#6 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:45 pm

As you progress try to work on positioning, even in the thick of battle you should always try to get the back arc for your torment, this will also help when BAL is open to you (if you spec it) also it will help with flanking. Also don't always feel that you need to wait till 5 accusations before using the finishers, getting those bullet procs on your target will help you kill them faster.

Use Jagged edge while in T2, but get rid of it as soon as you get access to Brute Force (19), Fanatical Cleansing (23 specable) and Flanking (25). (JE doesn't scale well, and by T3 you want more burst, less sustained)

Trial by pain is hilariously cool looking, but not very good, stick with Absolution.

Tklees

Post#7 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:16 pm

nydig wrote:At 30 you will want to use flanking brute force and the 50% crit dmg tactic in right tree.

As was said dont use the dot its just bad and anyone who makes it to max level and still uses it should feel bad. When t4 comes out you will use either burn away lies or exit wound (my personal choice for best wh spec) and absolution as your finishers.

Also I forgot but at higher level you prob wont use razor strike much since the spec points in right tree will make torment do almost the same dmg and torment is less ap so trying to get the back and torment spam will be better then razor strike since we/wh don't stack ws like other melee.
Complete scrub advice right there. Guy has no idea what he's talking about... 8-)
Tklees Chatoullier
Gagirbinn

nydig

Post#8 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:34 pm

Tklees wrote:
nydig wrote:At 30 you will want to use flanking brute force and the 50% crit dmg tactic in right tree.

As was said dont use the dot Its just bad and anyone who makes it to max level and still uses it should feel bad. When t4 comes out you will use either burn away lies or exit wound (my personal choice for best wh spec) and absolution as your finishers.

Complete scrub advice right there. Guy has no idea what he's talking about... 8-)
Don't be playa hatin' now tk! I don't even want to play the we on this server the lag is so brutal. Not to mention with dps am and sw all over the place I feel like I should just afk when one shows up. Also getting a lot of tells from people want in to duel which sucks because I honestly feel like I need a guard and heals to be effective all the finesse of opening on a target and wracking pains into kite is gone.

But seriously I know witch elf not witch hunter so much but I can say for sure the we version of fervor does get some use just because of shattered limbs.

Ads
Tklees

Post#9 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:53 pm

nydig wrote:
Tklees wrote:

As was said dont use the dot Its just bad and anyone who makes it to max level and still uses it should feel bad. When t4 comes out you will use either burn away lies or exit wound (my personal choice for best wh spec) and absolution as your finishers.

Don't be playa hatin' now tk! I don't even want to play the we on this server the lag is so brutal. Not to mention with dps am and sw all over the place I feel like I should just afk when one shows up. Also getting a lot of tells from people want in to duel which sucks because I honestly feel like I need a guard and heals to be effective all the finesse of opening on a target and wracking pains into kite is gone.

But seriously I know witch elf not witch hunter so much but I can say for sure the we version of fervor does get some use just because of shattered limbs.
Just trolling ya. Nice to see you back bud
Tklees Chatoullier
Gagirbinn

nydig

Post#10 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:43 pm

Thx and ya knew you were messing, didn't take what you said as a serious comment. Not from someone I actually knew anyways :p