Recent Topics

Ads

[BO] Da Toughest

Proposals which did not pass the two week review, were rejected internally, or were not able to be implemented.
Nefarian78

[BO] Da Toughest

Post#1 » Sat May 20, 2017 2:53 am

Issues:

1- Not worth compared to other war bellows.

Currently, "Da Toughest" gives your attacks 25% chance to increase your wounds by 32 for 10s, healing you for the amount increase. The 32wounds buff almost makes no difference, and it only affects yourself only, making it way weaker compared to "Da Biggest" (Attacks have 25% chance to steal 75 stat points from nearby enemies and give them to all nearby group members) and "Da Greenest" (Incoming attacks have 25% chance to increase resistance by 236 against that type of damage for 10s on all nearby group members)

2- AP cost to switch the bellow is too high.

All war bellows cost 55ap to change making "Da Toughest" too costly to switch when trying to survive longer at low HP situations. The high AP cost makes it unable (most of the time) to be used as some sort of defensive cooldown, limiting the ability uses.

3- Low proc chance and requires you to hit enemies

If you have the time and the AP to switch to Da Toughest bellow, you can't even be sure that you're going to get that 32wounds buff, as the proc chance isn't that high and it requires you to attack someone.

4- The buff doesn't refresh itself when active

A minor issue, but still another issue. The wounds buff you receive doesn't refresh itself when active, causing the buff to have some downtime if you're having bad luck after the buff is over, compared to the other bellows that always have a stat steal or a resistance increase active at all times for you and your group.

Solutions:

1- Make it usable with another bellow active. This could cause Da Toughest to become too strong probably (and make it too similiar to an Aura instead of a war bellow), so i'm not 100% sure this solution is the best.

2- Buff for all group in 100 feet. This solution could fix the ability but it removes the concept of Da Toughest of being the solo oriented war bellow and removing it's diversity from the other war bellows

3- Make the buff give 15-20% (the numbers need testing of course) amount of parry instead. Making the buff give you parry instead of increasing your HP would actually make a difference in fights and open a lot of new parry oriented builds for BOs, since it's the only tank missing a parry buff for itself. This solution would also keep the solo oriented idea behind the ability and not homogenize it to become like the other group oriented war bellows.
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

Ads
Penril

Re: [Black Orc] Da Toughest

Post#2 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:02 pm

Moving to Discussions.

peterthepan3

Post#3 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:05 pm

I like the 2nd proposal; it would give some love to defensive BO (which doesn't really offer anything at all, if we're being honest). Would open up some cool endurance synergies.

TenTonHammer

Post#4 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:19 pm

I agre that da toughest needs to looked at, as it stands it's only good for 1v1 duels at best

I like the sound of the second option but a buff to what? Wounds?

Penril

Post#5 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:25 pm

Remember: we are not voting, and +1 posts are not allowed.

If you prefer, say, the second option, please explain why (is there something wrong with the other options? why is the second option good?).

Korhill

Post#6 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:35 pm

I dont like option 2 since if i understand it correct it would be able to stag with monstro heal and any other self healing ability. Could be pretty strong and this should not be an option.

I dont thing it needs a change. Nothing wrong if one is solo oriented and it is better then the SM äquivalent but thats not the topic.

wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Post#7 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:44 pm

Korhill wrote:I dont like option 2 since if i understand it correct it would be able to stag with monstro heal and any other self healing ability. Could be pretty strong and this should not be an option.

I dont thing it needs a change. Nothing wrong if one is solo oriented and it is better then the SM äquivalent but thats not the topic.
Then you need to rebuke the four points made in the OP, all of which appear to be legitimate issues.

"I think it's good" is not an argument, it's an opinion. Don't waste our time, or others who are engaging in the thread with your unjustified opinions. Justify them. Provide reasons. Add to the discussion at hand.

Maybe read the Balance Forum Rules.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

Toldavf

Post#8 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:46 pm

I don't know about the 2nd option. How would it work in regards to healing given (could be vastly large over a protracted fight and would cut through debuffs), amount of defence a larger wounds pool offers to other classes, how would the ability refresh?

I would rather it didn't become a group heal every 10 seconds i think that would be a little away from the classes role.
Last edited by Toldavf on Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

Ads
Collateral

Post#9 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:38 pm

Being a group heal would not be away from the classes roll. BO even has a group heal tactic. I agree that making it a group heal would massively increase the usability, since now it's pretty much a useless bellow, even if you're getting focused and want to 'survive', additional 32 wounds are not going to save you, lets be honest. Edit: It's far from bieng useless in pve though.

I believe BO is the only tank in the game that has a possibility of being sort of a 'paladin' tank. If the bellow would increase wounds of party members and stacked with the tactic, it could be a nice combo for making a more durable group. Although, the 'heal' tactic needs some work as well, but that's another topic.

If you don't want to make it a group heal, maybe consider this: give it a 10% chance to proc and make it so that it can refresh itself without the buff having to run out first. Alternatively, you can make this into group heal as well, so 10% chance on attack to increase group members wounds by 32 for 10 seconds, and it would refresh like other bellows.

Also, looking at the toughest tree, you can see that a lot of abilities are focused on self buffs and survival, meaning it's more 'solo' oriented tree for being a durable tank.
Last edited by Collateral on Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Richardwarhawk

Post#10 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:46 pm

Spoiler:
I find the black orc very fun to play myself, I got no complaints so far.. Although I feel even dps a sword and board build is alot better.
We are not interested in how much fun the class is for you. You either have something to add to the discussion, or don't post at all. Read the Balance discussion forum rules - Penril