Recent Topics

Ads

SW: UF removal changes to the SW

For proposals that have been rejected.
Ugle

SW: UF removal changes to the SW

Post#1 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:21 am

1 - Identify the issue:
Lacking burst potential with UF removed.

UF removal is a good thing as the morale makes balancing the class hard. Previous change proposals to phrdps in general and SW specifically have been declined/not even posted because "UF makes it OP". I will address SW here.

2- why is it an issue?:
UF being removed reduced SWs burst potential greatly. SW have a good sustained dps potential, also a good aoe potential still. However in smallscale burst potential is lacking. Most abilities can be countered with a hot without UF.

SW becomes second class citizen DPS compared to others. SW now hits like wet noodles.

3- proposals for change:
I have several proposals. Obviously I'd like all tested, but even one would help:

#1 - flat dmg buff: +10 - 30%
- with UF up SW was close to BW in burst potential. As SW have more utility (not much tbh) and better sustained dmg, an increase between 10 - 30 % would make SW burst and killing capabilities comparable to BW.

#2 - remove ap condition on no quarter tactic.
- makes scout tree useful again and increases dmg output.

#3 - remove cast time increase on steady aim
- cast time increase was introduced to stop festerbomb on live. Festerbomb is now not the same issue with UF removed.
Steady aim was trademark of the class like VoN and increased burst potential for a short period of time. Current version is utterly useless.

#4 - rework flanking shot to crit dmg increase instead of crit chance increase based on hp.
- would increase killing power. Percentages might have to be tuned not to be op.

#5- rework sweeping slash to ST finisher like ftw or crit dmg increase based on target health. (Like flanking shot suggestion.
- today utterly useless ability. It is allready identified that assault tree lack finisher. This would be the finisher.

#6 - add 50% of offhand weapon dps to dmg calculation.
- other option to add dmg output. Maybe just apply to AA.

Edit: adding description and reasoning behind proposals.
inactive

Ads
Penril

Re: SW: UF removal changes to the SW

Post#2 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:35 pm

You have 2 days to edit this proposal since several things have changed with the 22/9 patch (some of these suggestions have been kinda implemented in a way). If you don't edit it, I will do it myself (removing the parts I think are not necessary anymore) and move it to Discussions.

Penril

Re: SW: UF removal changes to the SW

Post#3 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 4:03 pm

Declining. OP can copy/paste/edit some of his ideas and make a new proposal.