Recent Topics

Ads

GCD on Git stuck in, Bring da pain, Come an Git it

For proposals that have been rejected.
MiauMio

GCD on Git stuck in, Bring da pain, Come an Git it

Post#1 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:48 am

Okay so lets get straight to the point.
Observation: The global cooldown of all the listed above choppa buffs make them often times impossible to use to full or any potential.
Especially "come an git it!" as it is a defensive ability with rather low impact. You'd want to activate it in anticipation of incoming damage while standing near several enemies. In reality there are loads of more important things to do with your global cooldowns when you are about to get attacked (throwing off rage, detaunting, cc remove, sprint, flee, knockdown or even just 1 GCD of damage). Also it takes rather long time for this buff to gain some value which is really counterintuitive to the agile and bursty playstyle you need to embrace as a choppa.
This in part is true for the other buffs too since choppa is a very burst oriented class which itself is bursted down quite fast. Every global cooldown is so important that wasting two or three globals to buff yourself when you are already on your target is often times not worth it because of the time it would take for the buffs to make up for the GCDs they cost.
I could go on about the pros and cons of using those buffs in different situations compared to other skills that have more immediate effects but i think it serves to make a point.

Possible solution: Remove the GCD of some or all of the above buffs to shorten the time to get buffed up while already in battle and therefore making them a more viable choice in more situations. Or if possible make it so that all three buffs can be activated in one GCD like pots. Although it would be a really nice QOL change and very slight buff in overall performance to remove GCDs of "Git stuck in" and "Bring da pain" i feel it is most needed to give "Come an git it" this treatment because it is situational to the point that there are very few situations where you would want to spend one GCD to even activate it.
Since i dont think the main balancing point for those buffs is how situational they are but rather how strong they are when they are activated i think it would be fair to make it easier to use them more often with less drawback so choppas can more often choose to activate them and make the right call doing it.

There are loads of other possible solutions and im happy to hear criticism and feedback to this observation, I just think this could be a very subtl yet meaningfull change.

Ads