Recent Topics

Ads

Sigmar's Grace rework

For proposals that have been rejected.
Deadpoet

Sigmar's Grace rework

Post#1 » Fri May 04, 2018 6:35 pm

THE ISSUE:
I think most people would agree that the current state of melee healing in RoR is underperforming, and most people would also agree that the reasons for that state are several. To name a few:

1. lack of anti cc tools and gap closers. Melee healer has to hit stuff to heal and can be easily perma neutralized by enemy cc.

2. survivability issues. The melee healer needs to be on the frontline and is the primary target of the enemies. Guard, if any, will often be cast on mdps instead of melee healers.

3. balance issues. Providing the melee healer with the necessary tools for their job can result in overbuffing them. The line is very fine here.

In my opinion, the main problem resides in the fact that, in order to allow melee healers to perform in a sufficiently effective way, a lot of things have to be altered, buffed or created:

-A To begin with, you need anti cc tools to stay on the target and avoid being taken out of the equation easily.

-B Then you need some amount of strikethrough to actually land blows through the avoidance- heavy frontline of enemy tanks.

-C Furthermore, you need to be allowed to bypass bubbles and mitigation.

C has been adressed by the flat amount of healing in abilities like sigmars radiance, but it needs a valuable tactic slot to be of any use and even then it's quite overwhelming, because of A and to some extent B.

GENERAL SOLUTION:

Instead of making a lot of difficult and dangerous changes to allow melee healers to be able to consistently and efficiently hit the enemy, I propose the opposite. What I propose is to implement a way to make melee healers heal their group WHEN THEY ARE HIT. The idea is not to substitute, obviously, but to compliment the standard melee healing activity, and to make up for the frequent downtime of melee healers cc'd and rendered useless. This HEAL ON BEING HIT concept, not alien at all to the game, makes a lot of sense in a healer that has to be in the frontline to do his job.

SPECIFIC CHANGES:

1. BUFF SIGMAR'S RADIANCE SO THAT IT INCLUDES SIGMAR'S GRACE TACTIC IMPROVEMENT, NO TACTIC NEEDED.

2. REWORK SIGMAR'S GRACE TACTIC INTO A TACTIC THAT FURTHER IMPROVES GRACE OF SIGMAR (THE WOUNDS BUFF) BY ADDING A %CHANCE ON BEING HIT TO HEAL/PROVIDE A MEANINGFUL BUBBLE TO THE GROUP. (a group bubble chance on being hit like zealot’s witchcraft ritual would be my choice, every 2 seconds too but higher mitigation values as the ability is much higher in the tree than rituals and needs a tactic too).

I propose Grace of Sigmar and Sigmars grace because they are high up in the grace tree so that this change can't be easily accessed by casted heals or dps. Alternatively, the morale4 at the top of the tree could be used instead of Grace of Sigmar to make it even more Grace-exclusive. (You’ll notice that all of this proposal is heavily inspired by Torque's latest change to Wrath tree).
A two handed requirement would be needed to prevent Salvations WPs to enjoy this.

By adopting this change, melee healers would address most of the issues that plague them, diminishing the impact of hard cc on them (heal while cc'd), increasing the much needed survivability, and adding significantly to group support without turning melee healers into ungodly monsters with lots of strikethrough and mitigation ignore.

Ads
peterthepan3

Re: Sigmar's Grace rework

Post#2 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:54 pm

Giving a buffed variant of SR, for free, will be too much for Wrath WP. Grace WP is currently being discussed in another proposal, so I will keep this on the backburner.