Recent Topics

Ads

[BG] Loathing/Anguish changes

For proposals that have been rejected.
mursaat1337

[BG] Loathing/Anguish changes

Post#1 » Tue May 22, 2018 12:34 am

During the recent BG changes to edit the guard damage that was being parried by "Anger Drives Me" felt like these trees need a better rework and I feel like some abilities needs to be switched and changed to also somewhat mirror the Ironbreaker but still have that offensive feel that Black Guard has.

Here are some of the proposals I have in mind:

Anger Drives Me: keep this tactic at 11 points but make it a tank specific tactic. For every 10 hate you have 1% block which equals 10% hate at 100 hate but also every time you block you gain 5 hate. This will help keep the block percent upward and help with hate management for tanks.

Wave of Scorn: This ability needs to be put into the Anguish tree, this ability feels like it does not have any tank feeling to it but more used as a utility which is what the Anguish tree is all about, utility! Move Wave of Scorn to 9 point skill in the Anguish tree and also add a hate mechanic to increase its leathality like IB's earthshatter, such as ignores 25% armor at 25 hate, 50% armor at 50 hate, etc etc.

Elite Training: This ability needs to be moved to the Loathing tree at the 5 point area, it has good potential as a defensive ability but should be reworked since Anger Drives Me will be block chance now, helping 2h BG pick some defensive in the loathing tree. Change the cooldown to 15 seconds and remove the AP gain. discuss how to make this have the same mitigation to be on par of IB's oathbound.

None Shall Pass: This should be placed to the 13 point and its damage increased to make it a strong 13 pt tactic but not generate hate since anger drives me will combo with this ability now creating synergy.

Conclusion: With these changes, the overall playstyle of BG will be on par to its mirror the IB, IB being defensive and BG being offensive. These changes create more utility builds and variety in the BG play style for both weapon styles of SnB and 2H.

Ads
peterthepan3

Re: [BG] Loathing/Anguish changes

Post#2 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:45 pm

Declining for now. Abilities can't be swapped from one tree to the other (not without CC, anyway), and I believe ADM=block was discussed recently.