Ads

(marauder suggestions )

For proposals that have been rejected.
larsulu
Suspended

(marauder suggestions )

Post#1 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:13 pm

hello to everyone.
after severals buffs on WL and SW ( these classes are pretty similiar as mechanic with mara) i would talk about some suggestions on marauder.
1) wl and sw has more mobility then mara and after several reworks the dmg among those 3 classes is pretty similar.
the problem is if one class has huge and good mobility should deal a bit less dmg then a pure mdps with no mobility.

2) monstro mara/wl guardian: they has both good sustaine but the dmg is totally different. mara monstro is a little tanky and rightly the dmg is lower then classic build sava/brut. this is not the same about WL guardian, good sustaine and high damage.

3) mara pull ( terrible embrace ) : is one of the main mara abilities but ( with my experience here in ror ) it doenst works properly.
the pull problem is that is stacks on intelligence stat. so lots of disrupt/taunt ( from back is undefeandable but you just need to strafle for avoid it) makes this pull pretty weak.
mara is pure str class so i think his pull should stacks with str like WL pull.

4) Thunderous blow ( savagery ability, debuff wounds) : mara need it back, i mean this ability has been nerfed too much ( 2 times).
also TB doenst works with piercing byte tactic ( bypass 50% armor with abilities that requires mutations) so is fair to clean all nerfs on it ( as i explained the reason in 1) point )

5) pulverize ( brutality ability, 10% debuff armor/parry ) for a 10% debuff the 20 sc cd is pretty high so i suggest with 10 sc cd.

thank you.
decimo marauder
larsulu zealot
norsemanherra wp
stormurfru dok

Ads
dansari

Re: (marauder suggestions )

Post#2 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:44 pm

It doesn't look good when you start a proposal with "WL and SW have been buffed recently."

I have some issues with your proposal: "more mobility" is tough to sell. Sure, SW gets a self punt and Swift Strikes, but doesn't get m1 root nor Charge or pull. WL only gets Pounce to be more mobile. But when you look at the mobility differences when you include, say, SH, you can see that while Mara doesn't have much mobility, WL and SW certainly don't Excel at it.

Monstro Mara and guardian WL are in fact different: monstro Mara has a place in warbands, you can counter guardian by killing the pet, and even sav/brut Maras get the benefit of tanky monstro proc.

Mara already has 100% strikethrough from the back. I don't see this changing to str. Bring a Choppa if you want to pull healers reliably.

TB is still a staple in sav/brut builds, which proves it still has worth and the two nerfs did not kill the spec. I could see moving TB up to 15 and reverting one of the changes but personally I'd prefer to see a cool, unique debuff at the top of sav instead.

Can you give any comparison to other avoidance debuffs to support this change to Pulv?

Please update your proposal with a bit more clarity and specificity on what you'd like changed, since right now I see just a lot of "I think Mara is overall bad" when I don't buy that that's the case.
<Salt Factory>

peterthepan3

Re: (marauder suggestions )

Post#3 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:13 am

Closing.