Recent Topics

Ads

Shadow Step

Structured balance proposals should be posted here. Posts in this section will be taken into account during class balance reviews.
Mausini

Shadow Step

Post#1 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:16 pm

Generally, Shadow Step should be the Melee SW defining skill as a 15 point skill.

Problems with the skill:
Because of the high investment, Shadow Step needs to battle with Shadow Sting. Right now Shadow Sting is better in any way. It brings more into group play, more in solo play, more into anything. I think with a few tweaks, Shadow step could be really cool ability.

In my opinion Shadow Step needs some more utility.

First proposal: Change the way stealth is applied.
Make the dash instant and apply the stealth after you have landed at your target.

The Problem right now:
Most of the time the 2 seconds cast time is so long that you could easily walk to you target, Shadow Step is useless in that situations. Also, the defensive utility part of is most of the time more valuable then the dash.
Another problem is, that if your target sees you stealth in, they need to wait for 2 seconds and press aoe detaunt and completely counters your engage. Switching the stealth part would give a instant dash like pounce and let you re position yourself afterwards.

Second part of the proposal:
The first part makes Shadow Step not useless anymore. The second part should make it cool.
The coolest thing I could imagine would be that you leave a Shadow Clone at the position you had while using Shadow Step. If you press Shadow Step again in the next 10 seconds you will return to your Shadow Clone.

You could use it for fast engages but when things get messy you can return and try again. The Shadow Clone gives opportunity for counter play because people will know to where you will return.

I know that would be a mechanic, never be seen in Warhammer but its flavorful and would make Shadow Step a skill worth taking in comparison to Shadow Sting.

Ads