Recent Topics

Ads

WL's mobility

Structured balance proposals should be posted here. Posts in this section will be taken into account during class balance reviews.
Maeryk

WL's mobility

Post#1 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:20 am

PROBLEM:
In every pvp based game - mobility is king.
Which strikes me as odd, as to how the best gap-closers / displacement in game is currently tied to one of the classes with the highest damage output. Usually, these skills are tied to a utility based class, or one that lacks dps of their own but contributes greatly to a team. For some reason, that's not the case here. Pounce and fetch(along with TE and charge) are arguably the best displacement abilities in game. On destro, they have 3 classes other than tanks (punt is fine with tanks as they lack the dps to 3 shot someone). One being marauder - who's dps is nowhere near a WL's currently, another is Choppa, which requires high mastery allocation to purchase, and is unreliable at best. The third being melee squigherders, who again require mastery as well as a specific stance to use.
Order has 2 classes at the moment that have these gap-closers / displacement abilities. All 3 of the above mentioned versions are available to one class in the WL. The other being a pseudo-pounce for melee SW's.
The problem is not the availability of these skills. The problem lies within one class having ALL the utility of the opposing side, in combination with rather ludicrous damage (you can press 3 buttons and wipe a clothie from the face of the planet). Alongside these problems, pounce has an incredibly low cooldown, allowing for near spammability.

As such, my proposals are as follows:
A) Increase the cooldown on pounce - This skill should be used tactfully, not as a way of error-proofing poor play. As it currently is, once they have pounced, you can play your heart out, detaunting, snaring, stunning, kiting, but all your work is meaningless once that cooldown is finished (assuming you live that long). Increasing the cooldown makes this less spammable, and requires some forethought as to when and how to use it. If you play badly, you should be punished for it.

B) Move pounce to a different tree - Again, mobility is usually tied to utility classes / specs. I would suggest moving this to the guardian tree, fairly high up. If they wish to have such mobility, they should sacrifice their damage. If they want to run with fetch only, let them keep that damage.

C) Create an immunity for pounce - again, removes spammability, and requires a bit more thought than random button pressing to achieve something. Also prevents 2 WL's from pouncing the same target and delivering them to oblivion before the target can respond.

D) Increased pounce cost to half of current ap pool, with a minimum of 25ap - This would hinder their initial burst, slowing down that damage. Allowing for response from the victim. Alongside of this ap cost change, I would raise the cost of some of the skills available to the WL (Some are ridiculously cheap if you compare them to other classes). Increasing them by 5 or maybe 10 in some cases would also slow down that burst.

Even if you don't select one of these ideas, I hope you give thought to the change in general. As it stands, WL's are king in terms of mobility, damage, and ease of use. Thanks for reading.

Ads