Recent Topics

Ads

[Knight] Myrmidia's Fury

Structured balance proposals should be posted here. Posts in this section will be taken into account during class balance reviews.
Skald

[Knight] Myrmidia's Fury

Post#1 » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:16 am

Myrmidia's Fury sees little, if any use - mostly due to the fact that you lose auto-attacks when channeling (less of a problem for Swordmasters, as Ether Dance is way more powerful). And it's obviously not ideal to have an ability in the tree that's nearly universally shunned. Even if the damage was buffed, in my opinion, it still wouldn't change the fact the ability doesn't really fit Knights' portfolio.

Looking at the Path of Conquest abilities, a clear pattern can be seen - most of them focus on debuffing enemies:
  • 1. Arcing Swing- wound debuff.
  • 2. Staggering Impact- avoidance debuff.
  • 3. Overpowering Swing- critical chance debuff.
  • 4. To Glory!- AP regeneration debuff.
  • 5. Slice through- AoE snare.
Therefore, to maintain that flavour, I propose that new Myrmidia's Fury (although maybe renamed to Deep Cut) does the following:
  • 1. Toughness debuff- single target, fairly high base damage, 20 second duration, 20 second cooldown, reducing toughness by 160 (with all the points in the tree; perhaps more).
  • 2. Strength debuff- single target, fairly high base damage, 10 second duration, 20 second cooldown, reducing strength by 300 (with all the points in the tree).
  • 3. Offensive stats debuff- single target, fairly high base damage, 10 second duration, 30 second cooldown, reducing strength, intelligence and ballistic skill by 300 (with all the points in the tree).
Ideally these abilities would hit much harder than the baseline Precision Strike.

Another idea I had was an execute ability, similar to WP's Hammer of Sigmar (High damage, increased chance of critical hit; usable only if the target is below 50% health). An excute ability for a tank, wouldn't that be too powerful? Maybe, although if any tank could have it, it's probably the Knight - as it has the lowest DPS potential. But that doesn't fit that above described Knights' identity (debuffing) as well as those three proposals.

Ads