Recent Topics

Ads

[AM] Radiant Burst

Structured balance proposals should be posted here. Posts in this section will be taken into account during class balance reviews.
Starx

[AM] Radiant Burst

Post#1 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:16 am

I've been playing DPS AM in city for a while now, not only is it terrible in this setting only beating out ASW, but it is also just not fluid or fun to play in a bomb role. What I mean by not fun/fluid is we have 2 AoE's with rather long cooldowns 20 and 30 seconds respectively, and in between this large gap of time we only have access to a single filler AoE, which is our bog standard 2 sec cast radiant lance with the tactic Radiant Burst, which turns it into a whopping 15ft AoE. Im not even sure anyone even uses this tactic or knows it exists for that matter. Shaman while being in the same boat pretty much at least has a much more fluid AoE rotation thanks to DWiC, morale pump tactics being in the dps tree etc...

I wanted to propose something simple that would make doing AoE damage on the AM more fluid, when looking at this tactic the radiant theme comes to mind, Radiant Burst... Radiant Lance..... Radiant Gaze. If this tactic effected Radiant Gaze rather than lance DPS AM would have access to a pretty strong unique AoE debuff (5% crit + 5% damage), an easy to use 10 sec cooldown AoE ability to fill in the void between Dissipating Energies and Storm of Chronos. This obviously isn't going to make DPS AM an AoE powerhouse, I didn't want to suggest some crazy overhaul because to my knowledge there is a mechanic overhaul in the works, but something in interim to at least make it bearable. And maybe some warbands wont mind running one for the debuff.

Before:
Radiant Burst: Radiant Lance will now effect all enemies within 15 feet of your target.

After:
Radiant Burst: Radiant Gaze will now effect all enemies within 20 feet of your target.

Ads