Recent Topics

Ads

Increase Gathering Specializations up to to 2 instead of 1 carrer

Structured balance proposals should be posted here. Posts in this section will be taken into account during class balance reviews.
Flowson
Game Artist

Increase Gathering Specializations up to to 2 instead of 1 carrer

Post#1 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:30 pm

The situation:

The Current Gathering Specializations are:
Butchering
Cultivating
Salvaging
Scavenging

The Problem:
Nowadays almost a quarter of us all works 2 jobs to make a living, therefore we try to do not the same but similar work for some more coins by the end of the month.
When i startet crafting in this game i soon realised it only allows me to take on 1m even if i could take 2 in real life.

why is that? More and more Orange Mhytic dungeon Drops or Rewards are bind to a character on pick up. Theres no sell option.
As Scavenger all you can do is to destroy the item, where as as salveger you can take advantage and tear it apart.

The problem? Some raw material cant be taken out of salvagen. This is were scavenging comes in. if you cant do both, ure a high intelligent disabled player, who has to destroy items, jut because of a job you werent allowed to get, even if you could practice.

My question hereby:
If im good at taking things apart and loot stuff out in real life, why shoudnt i be able to do it in game? its prettys much nonsense to send items to another char, just to send it back when both can use Talisman Making after Salvaging and Scavenging. Further: bind in pickup items cant be send to other chars, which is why they are lost if you got them double, as you cnt sell or use all unique items twice.

therefore its a wastefull reward and heavy burdon to carry.

The Proposal:
Allow each character to pick up 2 silimar Gathering Specializations, namely:
Option 1: Butchering & Cultivating for all future Apothecarys
and
Option 2: Salvaging & Scavenging for all future Talisman Makers

It will highly reduce full investorys and treduce the overall ammount of items you cant take advantage off. it would be a big win for all players as they can take caer of their hard earnd drops by themselfs.

Thank you.
Flowson

Ads
wargrimnir
Head Game Master

Re: Increase Gathering Specializations up to to 2 instead of 1 carrer

Post#2 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:07 pm

The crafting system is designed intentionally to make you interact and trade with other players in order to acquire all the materials you need. You're free to respec either of your profession or gathering skills at any time. Once you're high level, you should probably switch to salvaging unless you get an eternal seed drop for cultivating.

This isn't a problem to be fixed, it's core game design.
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog