Recent Topics

Ads

AM/Shaman Rework Proposal

Structured balance proposals should be posted here. Posts in this section will be taken into account during class balance reviews.
Ysaran

AM/Shaman Rework Proposal

Post#1 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:54 pm

I will write the whole proposal talking only about Shaman because, between the two, is the one I know better. Also, every change can be perfectly mirrored on AM too, so it doesn't really metter what name I use. Both classes have the same problem:

you can't deal with high AoE pressure unless you have a CD reducer user in party.

I'll explain better.

Problem
Shaman mechanic consist in alternatig healing skills and damage skills in order to gain benefit on both. To deal damage reduces cast time of healing skills, while healing increase damage dealt by damaging skills and also let you cast damaging skill on move. Imho this mechanic should be preserved as it is right now.

The problem shaman is facing right now is that its group heals is too much requiring in both personal skill and external factor, thus making the class not reliable enough when it comes to AoE healing-pressure. Indeed shaman has two AoE healing skills: Gather Round and Fury Of Da Green (FODG, from now on). The first has 2.5s casting time (can be reduced to 1.5s having at least 1 heal mechanic) and heal every party member within 100ft from the Shaman, while the second one is a mixed ability: it deals damage and it also heals. FODG require two target, one defensive and one offensive, it deals damage to the offensive target and four enemies near him, and it heals everyone (even outside party) within 30ft from the defensive target by the amount of damage dealt (halved) plus a base healing value that the skill has. This on 2s cast (1.2s having at least 1 damage mechanic), 5s CD and 80ft range (pretty near the brawl).
The Gather Round skill is similar to Zealot/RP party heal and it's fine as it is. It require the same amount of skill that is required to Zealot/RP in posiotioning and AP management. On the other hand FODG is a unique skill that require a you to pick the right target two times, indeed a bad defensive tareget wont heal anyone outside him and a bad offensive target wont heal anyone because the low damage dealt.

Until the party is subject to low pressure Shaman can alternate healing and damging skill in order to have reduced cast time on heal, but when it come to high pressure then Gather Round (and one FODG every 5s) isn't enough to keep ppl alive and so, there it come the second requirment: external factor. FODG has lower casting time than Gather round and so it's a natural choice when it come to deal with high pressure, but the only way to by bypass the 5s Cd is having a CD reducer on you (Chop Fasta!/WAAAAAAAGH!+tactic for Shaman, Whispering Wind for AM) and that often it's not the case (outside coordinated environment).

Since you are a healer is easier to pile up point in the damage mechanic, and thus you can ofetn fire FODG with deacreased casting time. But this isn't enough, unless you have a CD reducer that let you spam it. Spamming FODG also let you exhaust your damage mechanic points and help you gain healing mechanic points. So the problem boils down to:

Under pressure, FODG-spamming is the only way to turn damage mechanic in heal mechanic, since the other mixed skills you have are trash.

Solution
An easy solution would be to make FODG spammable, but this would be obviously OP. So I though about a little rework that should do the trick without messing with class mechanics implementation and without making Shaman OP.

-Make the cleanse party-wide, remove Scrub YA Gud! and replace it with Grean Cleanin'.
This should help a lot, giving low value absorb to the party. Maybe just decrease slightly the absorb value.

-Put a base healing value to I'll Take That and decrease to 50% the damage-to-heal multiplier.
This doesn't have anything to do with the AoE healing pressure, but atm this skill is (almost) useless and in this new from would help Shaman switching between heal and damage mechanic without wasting gcd.

-Put a base healing on Bleed Fer' Me.
This skill would be cool if it wasn't that: it can be cleansed, the target can die and that it deals shitty damage (and so healig). Putting a base healing value would grant a little more rliability and casting it would help, again, switching between heal and damage mechanic.

-Replace Waaagh! Frenzie with a tactic that says: Bleed Fer' Me will now heal all the party member/all the ppl around you defensive target (depending on how much Bleed Fer' Me has been buffed in the previous point).

I would like to point out that even if some of these change may seem a bit over the top actually they aren't. Unless you are full sov you wouldn't be able to take both the 11pt new tactic and FODG, without sacrificing mendatory stuff like The Puddle or Shrug It Off. Also, Shaman already suffer from tactic starvation (it has a lot of useful tactic and you can't slot all of them) and so even slotting both the new tactic would require you to sacrifice something really important.
Thank you for reading.
Zputadenti

Ads