Recent Topics

Ads

PVE grouping and XP for lower characters

Structured balance proposals should be posted here. Posts in this section will be taken into account during class balance reviews.
kyrontor

PVE grouping and XP for lower characters

Post#1 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:17 pm

This isn't exactly about balance, or RvR, but a PVE proposal.
I notice a lot of people are trying to find group for sewers dungeon and a lot of times its us the higher levels that are willing to help.
However if we join their group the result is that they don't get XP.
I believe this is unfair to them. First of all it's the fact that we are already getting a debolster, so we re not helping them as r40 but as r16 or something. But still the system recognizes us as high level and gives no XP to them.
This is in contrast to how RvR works with lower players. In RvR we said let everyone join and they 'll contribute and get their rewards. Mix high level with low level characters all the way. But for some reason in PvE, the same thing is a taboo and is considered "powerleveling/boosting".
The message we are sending to those people this way is that ok, they are good to assist the realm, assist the high levels, but they are not worth being assisted; like if they are second class citizens.
I believe with the debolster in place (similarly in a way that lowbies in RvR get a bolster) they should be getting their normal XP. To generalize and take this even further, not just for sewers, i believe that a system that would debolster everyone to about the same level, for any kind of PVE activity, indoors or outdoors, should make PVE grouping back a viable thing; cause nowdays i see that most people avoid PVE grouping due to level differences and this isn't the way MMO should be played.

Ads