Recent Topics

Ads

[SW/SH] Weapon DPS Contribution to Festering Arrow and Poison Arrer

Structured balance proposals should be posted here. Posts in this section will be taken into account during class balance reviews.
Thorondir

[SW/SH] Weapon DPS Contribution to Festering Arrow and Poison Arrer

Post#1 » Sat Aug 07, 2021 2:07 am

Currently Festering Arrow/Poison Arrer do not benefit from weapon DPS in determining ability damage. The same is also true for Flame Arrow and Explodin' Arrer. I tested this by removing all gear, tactics and renown training and using multiple weapons with different amounts of DPS (but no other BS or offensive stats). Anyone can easily verify by replicating the testing.

All other Physical RDPS abilities for the SW and SH factor weapon DPS into ability damage. Due to weapon DPS not factoring into damage calculation, these abilities are scaling at a lower rate on their base line tool tip damage and under perform, relative to damage scaling of other abilities based on base line tooltip damage, particularly at higher gear levels.

There also seems to be some inconsistency with the approach of weapon DPS being excluded from the damage calculation for only certain specific RDPS abilities. If this is intentional, I am inferring that the thinking is that because these are "magic" abilities doing non-physical damage, the weapon dps should not apply (i.e. treating these abilities the same way as casters are treated). However, Fell the Weak, which becomes spirit damage when vengeful, does scale with weapon DPS. Further, if the principle being followed is that non-physical "magic" damage on physical damage class abilities should not have weapon dps contribution, why do abilities like Ravage benefit from Weapon DPS? (note: I am not suggesting that Ravage should be changed). The basis of weapon dps contribution was always along the lines of if the class was a "physical class" or a "magic/caster" class.

The overall effect of correcting the weapon DPS contribution to these abilities would not result in a balance change between realms since the problem effects classes for each realm evenly.

Primarily, this issue really appears to be more of a "bug" correction than a balance change. My apologies if this was an intentional change that had previous balance discussion but I could not locate any info on a change and as a returning player it is not always clear what has been changed as a "balance" item.

Ads