Recent Topics

Ads

Tank Morale Overhaul Thread v2

For full discussion of selected topics.
Collateral

Re: Tank Morale Overhaul Thread v2

Post#41 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:21 pm

Can't you people read? The devs request thoughts and feedback, not crying and whining. If you have nothing to add why even bother commenting, you are wasting everyones time. Devs actually listened to some feedback the last time, so why would it be any different now? If you disagree with a certain change, state your reasons.

You don't realize that saying things like 'boohoo this is all ****' makes you look like a total idiot that we don't need in the game anyway.

Ads
Reesh

Post#42 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:23 pm

careless wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:17 pm @author of the proposal, please scrap every idea you suggested. this is f*cking horrible ideas.

perhaps get someone abit more experienced(doesn't seem like whoever thought this up even plays the game) to make proposals and present them for discussion.
There were people of such category there, but surprisingly, they are all gone :idea:

orillah
Suspended

Post#43 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 6:02 pm

wargrimnir wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 1:59 pm
M2 - Emporer's Champion

Current - Self buff STR/TGH/WND +240 for 30s
Proposed - Self buff, grant CC/snare immunity and a 20% movement speed boost for 10s

Feedback was opposed to the previous proposal as it combined too many benefits into a single buff. Pulling that back slightly, this will not cleanse your existing CC or Snares. You will need to use Juggernaut before popping this for full freedom of movement and hope you're not snared in that brief window. The reason for this change is 720 points of stats. I don't know where this comes from. KotBS already have some rather significant ways to boost their stats, adding in 720 points of Morale stats that stack with those is way overkill. Being able to move freely allows the KotBS to position for a group stagger, long knockback, and maybe a challenge before the effect wears off.
Emperor's Champion - 15s duration not 30. It was nerfed and redisigned twice already if i am right.

pompownik666

Post#44 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:16 pm

Quality feedback so far. Tip top work guys.

Parallell86

Post#45 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:33 pm

Collateral wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 5:21 pm Can't you people read? The devs request thoughts and feedback, not crying and whining. If you have nothing to add why even bother commenting, you are wasting everyones time. Devs actually listened to some feedback the last time, so why would it be any different now? If you disagree with a certain change, state your reasons.

You don't realize that saying things like 'boohoo this is all ****' makes you look like a total idiot that we don't need in the game anyway.
Oh I think I provided feedback alright. Not gonna hold back on my dissatisfaction with these changes, they ARE no doubt in destro favour! And not just a little bit, its redicilous.

Tyrean

Post#46 » Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:00 pm

So the side that currently has less cc/unbreakable root and gap close options are staying the same and the side that already has more gap close and cc/unbreakable roots is being given even more or buffed versions...

Also there are so many op morales that either need to be mirrored or straight up removed from the game, eg: (skin of iron on fortress push = disarm all aoe/mdps...) bring ranged or gg
Voidz - Magus RR84
Gorukz - Choppa RR85
Zoldrax - Chosen RR82
Zurgz - Shaman RR75

Vonz - Bright Wizard RR76
Kreedz - Witch Hunter RR57
Tyrean - KoTBS RR34
Koldarr - Slayer RR66

Karast

Post#47 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:55 am

Simply put I completely disagree with these changes.

They feel not only unneeded but completely biased.

The raze change guts order tanks for morale damage, and with the buffs to BO M3, just makes this whole thing boost destro.

Order has to deal with constant front line morale strips from maras, and we have no pumps on tanks. As it is, it is nearly impossible outside of funnels for order tanks to get morales on the front line. Solar Flare and Axe Slam are extremely niche skills that you only get to use 1/20 fights. It is a night and day difference order versus destro on tanks, since destro tanks, BO's especially can really contribute to wb morale bombs in a fun way.

There is nothing in these changes that I feel I can agree with and some of them seemed designed to just cause problems or kill fun.

Wings of heaven on SM is a good example. It's a gimmick morale that many SM use for fun to play like a lol WL every 1 min, or to checkly pop up on a wall for some silly punts. It is great fun, but not the most effective wb or roaming morale. There is no reason to nerf it. It is a great example of a fun morale that gives SM players a lot of enjoyment, that could be mirrored to BG rather than nerfed into uselessness.

Skin of Iron on IB was another example it was a nice little "oh ****" button for a 2h IB. That let you cheese it like an mdps. It was not a great morale for group play, or wb play, but it was a fun choice for solo and small scale. It is fine as it is.

This feels like a hatchet job that no one is asking for. Yeah there are some **** morales, and yeah some morales are over preforming or under preforming but these changes are 99% unneeded and really favor destro since destro tanks have a place in the morale bomb since order lacks effect morale drains that are not locked at M4.

Hell even if you try to bring a WH for drains, the drain on dragon gun got stealth nerfed, and the tactic only works with auto attack from behind!

These changes are just going to push more people off the server, and I wonder if that is the point of all this.

scatterthewinds

Post#48 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:42 am

These are good changes. I'm surprised, but I think its fair that I give praise where its due. There was 1 moral in particular that was extremely busted (wings of heaven) and a few that were sort of overpowered and they all got hit. None of the ones that were good but not necessarily too strong got hit.

Edit: I still thing wings of heaven is too strong. AOE snare was very good but to give it damage (in tandem with white lions pouncing and shadowstep) might make the first 3 gcd burst of all those 3 melee on a target very strong. It was already strong before. I think a simple 45ft pounce with no additional effect is pretty good as it is for m1.

Ads
zgolec

Post#49 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:23 am

So this again...

You plan to nerf KOTBS best morale, then give it to BG as well?

Since this morale was compensating all the morale drains on destro how about give some AOE morale drain to WL to mirror skill of marauder?

Another nerfhammer to order, eh?
SM 82 / IB 82 / KOTBS 82 / WL 82 / WP 72 / SW 75
CH 77 / BG 6X / BO 6X / WE 6X / MAG 6X ...and others.

Acidic

Post#50 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:35 am

zgolec wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 6:23 am So this again...

You plan to nerf KOTBS best morale, then give it to BG as well?

Since this morale was compensating all the morale drains on destro how about give some AOE morale drain to WL to mirror skill of marauder?

Another nerfhammer to order, eh?
Well if you kept up with the info the devs gave you would know they are going to look at moral pumps and drains. This info was in the thread about base moral gain.