Recent Topics

Ads

[Implemented] Resurrect: Get'n Smarter

These proposals have passed an internal review and are implemented in some way on the server. Review for specific implementation details.
catholicism198

[Implemented] Resurrect: Get'n Smarter

Post#1 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:43 am

Issue: One of the current issues with the Shaman's career mechanic is the fact that a Shaman's intelligence is inherently low which prevents him from taking full advantage of his healing through damage support role. -Because of his low intelligence, compounded by the many +X% disrupt tactics, abilities, and jewelry, his damaging/life-tap abilities are constantly being disrupted or blocked.
Why waste a GCD on an ability that has a high chance of getting disrupted?

Originally this ability was meant to temporarily boost the Shaman's low intelligence while debuffing the enemy's, before it was given a damage-over-time component to give the Shaman's overall damage output a needed boost. This ability was ultimately removed from the game, not because it was overpowered, but because Yer A Weaklin' (originally only a strength debuff) was revamped and took it's place as an all-in-one offensive stat debuff ability.
Bringing this ability back would give life-tap, damage, and heal Shaman a much needed boost by reducing the chance of their offensive abilities from being disrupted or blocked and increasing their overall damage.

All solutions involve resurrecting this ability but with a few possible variations
All solutions help reduce block and disrupt chance
All solutions require the Shaman to spend points in Path of Da Green to increase its power
All solutions increase the viability of Path of Da Green
All solutions require the ability to have at least 10 second duration and at least a 10 second cooldown- prevents the Shaman from spamming the damage-over-time component- and requires the Shaman to cast it periodically in order to benefit from the intelligence buff

Solution 1: Resurrect the ability in its final form with its damage-over-time component and intelligence debuff (Increases the Shaman's overall damage potential- making him a viable support damage dealer/off healer)
*Debuff does not stack with Yer A Weaklin'

Solution 1.5: Resurrect the ability in it's final form with its damage-over-time component but without its intelligence debuff (Increases the Shaman's overall damage potential- making him a viable support damage dealer/off healer)

Solution 2: Resurrect the ability without it's damage-over-time component but with its intelligence debuff
(Slightly increases the Shaman's damage potential)
*Debuff does not stack with Yer A Weaklin'

Solution 3: Resurrect the ability without its intelligence debuff and without its damage-over-time component, but allow the Shaman to cast it without having to target an enemy

Azarael, "the ability exists in the client and can be made to work very easily"

Ability in it's final form:

Ads
Azarael

Re: Resurrect: Get'n Smarter

Post#2 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:59 pm

Moved to Discussions.

A note on this: If you are to gain this skill, it will mean the loss of another skill in the Path of Da Green, because that is the native path of Get'n Smarter.

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#3 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:05 pm

Hmm i See getn smarter AT 9 points Green tree. U need getn smarter for be better dps and the 5 sec silence is nice for Utility But bad As an pure dps plaing shammy. I like solution 1 . As dps shammy u rly have The Problem to get enough int. I am AT 900 int with pot and 72 from rr ability.
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

Tesq

Post#4 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:20 pm

What's this skill contribution and how much stack at max contribution? i mean it can't stack with potion so what's the point? use willpower potion if you do not have a zealot and buff anyway intelligence?

Telen
Suspended

Post#5 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:32 pm

A dps shammy is going to have an intel pot anyway.

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#6 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:36 pm

Tesq wrote:What's this skill contribution and how much stack at max contribution? i mean it can't stack with potion so what's the point? use willpower potion if you do not have a zealot and buff anyway intelligence?
Ah now i understand hmmm than IT has now Effekt or u can run something other As pot. Or If pots got nerfed IT has an Effekt
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

bloodi
Suspended

Post#7 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:45 pm

To everyone arguing that they should have a int pot anyway.

Remember that currently, both Am and Shaman can weave between heals and damage and be quite rewarded, if i could drop my int pot on the am for a wp one for extra heals, i would really welcome it.

And the opposite, while we may not be getting anywhere near it on the current gear levels for am/shaman, an int buff will still be reigned in by the int cap, so its not like they are going to get to int levels never attached to a mortal man.

I am the first one who was used to the duality of shaman/am being am being a better dps and a worse healer while the shaman is the opposite but since the last changes that lines have been quite blurred, so i cant see why not give them this.

No one is going to die because because of that extra dot imo, however, i do have a question, that skill used to be tied to the path of da green, i assume if it was implemented, it would not be tied to any tree, correct? Da green already has its 5 skills.

xyeppp
Former Staff

Post#8 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:47 pm

bloodi wrote:No one is going to die because because of that extra dot imo, however, i do have a question, that skill used to be tied to the path of da green, i assume if it was implemented, it would not be tied to any tree, correct? Da green already has its 5 skills.
Azarael wrote: A note on this: If you are to gain this skill, it will mean the loss of another skill in the Path of Da Green, because that is the native path of Get'n Smarter.
Github / Tighub / Stack

Ads
bloodi
Suspended

Post#9 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:52 pm

My bad, missed it, however, if thats the case, what skill would be dropped is quite the important part of this topic.

I am sure most will choose one of the debuffs since chosens give toughness one passively but that may not be the case in the future, the other 3 skills are way too important for a lifetap shaman, imo.

The debuffs are clearly not good in either Shaman or Am, so i guess sooner or later we will have to do something with them, the problem comes when they become good and shamans want them in da green again.

Overall, i would rather see it as a skill not tied to any path to be honest.

peterthepan3

Post#10 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:58 pm

Thing is what would you replace in Da Green? Your AoE ele resist debuff? Definitely not the silence or the lifetap. Shaman already has an aoe ele resist debuff, so I guess that would be the one to go for.