Recent Topics

Ads

[Eng/Magus] Sticky Bombs / Seed of Chaos

Proposals which did not pass the two week review, were rejected internally, or were not able to be implemented.
Grunbag
Former Staff

Re: [Engineer - Magus] Sticky bombs / Seed of chaos

Post#131 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:42 pm

Ah you mean just add extra proc on snipe / BoC , and having the original proc on all other damage ?

I rather see something like nitro grenade that proc on damage and incitive group/team play assist than a proc that more serve the engineer/magus himself and encourage pug/solo rotation burst
Grunbag - 40 - 33 Squig Herder
Skorri - 40 - 65 Engineer

Ads
Tankbeardz

Post#132 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:40 pm

Grunbag wrote:
Spoiler:
Tankbeardz wrote:
Penril wrote:
You are talking from a solo/pug perspective. If the Magus is in a group, the target will be focused (resulting in as many, if not more, procs as an Engi would get in his own group).
Eh...true and not true. Magus burst takes a lot longer to set up and in ST spec, BoC is necessary. Snipe is fun but it is not really needed in a burst rotation.
No one talk about snipe or BoC. Don't know why you're talking about it ?

Using nitro grenade in a group would have same chances to proc for both engineer and magus .
Because he brought up procs in a group setting while he was referring to damage (fluff and burst in a rotation). Why are you always so off target and wrong with your assumptions?

Also, reading tooltips is not an effective way to make an argument. I suggest you roll a magus and play it for a while before talking about one.

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#133 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:50 pm

No, he didn't talked about engineer/magus burst rotation, I think he meant that engineer would makes more damage than magus with a nito grenade because engineer have focused fire and gun turret that deal quick damages that'd gives more chances to proc compared to magus .
Basically if engineer have more chance to proc nitro grenade than magus , he'll do more damage with this ability. What Penril said, is that is based on a pug/solo perspective, but in a group both magus and engineer would have the same chances to see their nitro grenade to proc

I am mostly talking about engineer in this thread , since I'm not playing a magus and I don't want to talk about something I don't know . That's why I asked Penril if we can find two différents solution for sticky/SoC because i don't wanna talk for magus . I rather let magus player talk for their class and what they need .

Tankbeardz

Post#134 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:19 pm

Grunbag wrote:No, he didn't talked about engineer/magus burst rotation, I think he meant that engineer would makes more damage than magus with a nito grenade because engineer have focused fire and gun turret that deal quick damages that'd gives more chances to proc compared to magus .
Basically if engineer have more chance to proc nitro grenade than magus , he'll do more damage with this ability. What Penril said, is that is based on a pug/solo perspective, but in a group both magus and engineer would have the same chances to see their nitro grenade to proc

I am mostly talking about engineer in this thread , since I'm not playing a magus and I don't want to talk about something I don't know . That's why I asked Penril if we can find two différents solution for sticky/SoC because i don't wanna talk for magus . I rather let magus player talk for their class and what they need .
And I play both...its virtually the same ability.

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#135 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:27 pm

Tankbeardz wrote:
Grunbag wrote:No, he didn't talked about engineer/magus burst rotation, I think he meant that engineer would makes more damage than magus with a nito grenade because engineer have focused fire and gun turret that deal quick damages that'd gives more chances to proc compared to magus .

Sorry but which ability you are talking about ?
We were talking about nitroglycerin grenade, and this ability doesn't exist anymore .
I think you don't understand that catholicism were talking about nitro grenade, you should read again his post
He didn't talk about snipe/BoC or burst rotation

Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#136 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:35 pm

catholicism198 wrote:
"A grenade attack which covers your target with explosives for 10 seconds. Any time they are hit by a melee or ranged attack, there is a 25% chance that all enemies within 20 feet of them will take damage."

The ability did exist, once upon a time, but it was ultimately removed from the game before it went live...why? Who knowns.
A lot of those abilities were either reworked or given to the Daemons or turrets. Some make sense, others don't. Why did the engineer keep it's melee knockback but not the magus? Convo for a different thread.

Now for the ability in question... the reason why reworking sticky/seed to mirror nitroglycerin grenade is a bad idea is because it'll end up increasing the damage potential gap between the Engineer and the under performing Magus.
...Unlike the Engineer, the Magus doesn't have access to two rapid fire abilities like "Focused Fire" or the gun turret's "Machine Gun..." so it's less likely that it'll proc. Fewer proc chances...less damage...
Catholicism Said that change sticky/SoC to nitro grenade is a bad idea because :
Nitro grenade have 25% chances to proc damage explosion if the target is hit by a ranged or melee attack from any allies.
So more you dps the target quickly , more you have chances to proc explisokn and do damage with nitro grenade .
Engineer have access to focused fire and gun turret that can do quick damages , and magus doesn't have such quick ability .
Thats why from Catholicism perspective , engineer have more chance to proc nitro grenade by himself than magus (and it's true), so his nitro grenade would deal more damage .

Penril then said that it's only true in a solo perspective , using nitro grenade in a group would have same chance to proc (because allies will hit the target and increase the proc chances)

That's why I didn't undertood why you talked about snipe / BoC and rotation burst

Tankbeardz

Post#137 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:22 pm

Spoiler:
Grunbag wrote:
Tankbeardz wrote:

Sorry but which ability you are talking about ?
We were talking about nitroglycerin grenade, and this ability doesn't exist anymore .
I think you don't understand that catholicism were talking about nitro grenade, you should read again his post
He didn't talk about snipe/BoC or burst rotation
I give up with you.
Unnecessary - Penril.

Penril

Post#138 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:27 pm

Ok, everyone made their position clear.

Ads
Grunbag
Former Staff

Post#139 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:44 pm

Penril wrote:Ok, everyone made their position clear.
Did i misunderstood what you and catholicism said ?

Penril

Post#140 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:44 pm

No.