Recent Topics

Ads

[Rejected] Engineer Vs Magus Autoattack change

Proposals which did not pass the two week review, were rejected internally, or were not able to be implemented.
Tankbeardz

Re: Engineer Vs Magus Autoattack change

Post#11 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:38 pm

Also, engi m2 / m3 are much better than magus imo. Auto-attack could help level the playing field. Magus always had an auto-attack feature...it's just been dormant. Either way, I'll keep disc'ing around.

Ads
faiden

Post#12 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:39 pm

BreezeKicker wrote:Ranged AA on engi doesn't trigger if
  • You are moving
  • You are casting
  • You are channeling
Magus despite having no AA can achieve similar dmg on wider spectrum of targets, while dmg on engi is fluctuating a lot depending on a target.

Engi is a physical rdps = have to deal with armor. Have AA
Magus is a caster = doesn't have to deal with armor. Have no AA
Give AA to magus and they have to deal with the same thing that's listed.

Magus have to deal with Resistance instead of armor

Damage fluctuating a lot depending on targets to for magus.

Engineer can increase their dmg from both Weapon-skill and Ballistic while Magus can only do it from INT
faiden@Quakenet#martys_square
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRq_SAu ... tu.be&t=73
https://www.twitch.tv/faidentv
Patch Notes 7/1/17 wrote:- Bugman's Best now heals group members instead of all allies

Akalukz

Post#13 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:41 pm

AA is a huge missing portion of the Magus vs engineer. Why wouldn't a magus have the same type of AA triggers, you are moving / casting / channeling no AA. I wouldn'tsuggest making it any different. If you look at the RDPS classes, all of them but the magus / bw / sorc have AA. The sorc / Bw have a crit mechanic to make up for the lack, the magus have nothing.

worry about later tier armor/gear is not something we are supposed to do correct? That's on the devs to balance when implementing.
-= Agony =-

bloodi
Suspended

Post#14 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:43 pm

Akalukz wrote:worry about later tier armor/gear is not something we are supposed to do correct? That's on the devs to balance when implementing.
Its not later, it happens right now. Will only get worse with time.

peterthepan3

Post#15 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:46 pm

tbh never really found a need to have an AA as a Magus. damage is fine. as others have said, engineer has to face a lot more mitigation with their DPS abilities (ignoring fluff damage dots that a lot of people seem to swear by for some reason...).

BreezeKicker

Post#16 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:54 pm

Lektroluv wrote:
BreezeKicker wrote: Engi is a physical rdps = have to deal with armor. Have AA

Enginer have corporeal dots which are like Spiritual or Elemental damage, don't get wrong....and you still only deal with dodge, which is harder to stack than disrupt, unless you fight a Swordmaster, which is in your side.

It is impresive how people deny the obvious, enginer is far ahead 3 or 4 times better than Magus.
Let me specify then;
Engi is a Physical RDPS when it comes to ST - only IR and PS are corp, and PS is really not worth it. I guess you could use FB instead of GB but that will leave you AP starved and req you to put points in grenadier to maintain the range and up it dmg
Engi is a fluff corp AoE as RDPS or decent one with mix of corp and phys as PBDPS [PB - Point blank].

AA is only gonna help you in ST as you cannot make it AoE.

So when it comes to ST engi still has to deal with armor while magus have to deal only with ressist regardles of ST, RAoE or PBAoE.

Also many of Magus abilities have higher tooltip dps compared to the engi equivalents due to lack of ranged AA and/or weapon contribution [which as caster magus doesn't have to be concerned about].
Sunset-BW...(M)|Starlight-SM.
Moon-WP..........|Mayor-ENG
Vanguard-KotBs|Breeze-WL
Aryanne-WH

Leader of CNTK branch @RoR

Penril

Post#17 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:57 pm

bloodi wrote:
Akalukz wrote:worry about later tier armor/gear is not something we are supposed to do correct? That's on the devs to balance when implementing.
Its not later, it happens right now. Will only get worse with time.
Aza and the other devs have said several times that they won't allow crazy armor values or gear inflation in future sets.

Lektroluv
Suspended

Post#18 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:00 pm

BreezeKicker wrote:
Lektroluv wrote:
BreezeKicker wrote: Engi is a physical rdps = have to deal with armor. Have AA
Engi is a Physical RDPS when it comes to ST - only IR and PS are corp, and PS is really not worth it.

If you think PS is not really worth it, you are playing the enginer wrong... the combo which kills me more times includes always PS.

But if you want to, keep ignoring PS, much better for me, more posibilities of win.

Ads
bloodi
Suspended

Post#19 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:03 pm

Penril wrote:Aza and the other devs have said several times that they won't allow crazy armor values or gear inflation in future sets.
But the point still stands, as people gets anni/merc and starts slotting armor talis, physical will only face higher mitigation values.

And i still dont see how "engier are way better" no one even gave an argument as to why, just stated it and moved on.

If this is something that you are so sure about, i would like some examples of why.

Lektroluv
Suspended

Post#20 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:03 pm

Penril wrote:
Aza and the other devs have said several times that they won't allow crazy armor values or gear inflation in future sets.

I am hiting tanks for 65hp with squig herder dots and 150-200 in squishy ones with 1052 ballistic skill, unless i give up all my BS and go up to 720 WS.... so, the armour stacking is already there.

Instead, the SH pet damage was nerfed badly.