Recent Topics

Ads

BG Dark Protector / Feeding on Weakness

Proposals which did not pass the two week review, were rejected internally, or were not able to be implemented.
Bozzax

Re: BG Dark Protector / Feeding on Weakness

Post#11 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:04 pm

Tesq wrote:i disagree with both introduces a toughness buff and also a very hard toughness debuff,

the very first reason is that BG do not need more tool in quantity but more tool in quality/economy.
So you are saying a 225 toughness buff for your DP isn't worth using?
Tesq wrote: -Add the n^11111 tool and make other useless and also debuff even more the enemy dosen't seems a solution to BG problems.
Also it dosen't at all fix the flaw in the path design

-Introduces a toughness buff will make a 13pt shammy skill uselss or even worst (strong) give a passive advantage to destru party high enough as a m4 always active (ex: with 300 pt of toughness from both sh/bg it wil be easier keep buff 6 ppl) this will only results in close weakness that keep classes like mara/Dok on the border to be too hard to kill. Viceversa if lower than shammy it will be the n^1111 buff which is inferior to another one (common BG problem)
No Sham will loose their spot because of a BG ST toughness buff, stop that nonsens
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Ads
TenTonHammer

Post#12 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:19 pm

Bozzax wrote: So you are saying a 225 toughness buff for your DP isn't worth using?
Dont chosen buff the same if not higher?

Bozzax

Post#13 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:25 pm

TenTonHammer wrote:
Bozzax wrote: So you are saying a 225 toughness buff for your DP isn't worth using?
Dont chosen buff the same if not higher?
Proposal:
Make Feeding on Weakness buff DPs toughness 50,75,150,225,300 from hate
Not even close full spec
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Tesq

Post#14 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:28 pm

chosen buff around 100-130 depend from point invested

@no box i said there either some possibilities :
-BG can do the work of a shammy and so this could enforce more the 2x dok /dok+zealot in sc

-or either stack (in the sense that with 1 shammy you always have shammy one or your toughness buff) and so be too good; shammy tough buff is also hot and so it can be removed, if you x2 the skills which increase toughness it's possible that it's too hard remove those eff, also considering they would be spam.

-and even a third one as you pointed out the value , another redundancy skill (common bg problem with wounds /armor debuff)

Bozzax

Post#15 » Sat Jan 21, 2017 6:37 pm

Tesq wrote:chosen buff around 100-130 depend from point invested

@no box i said there either some possibilities :
-BG can do the work of a shammy and so this could enforce more the 2x dok /dok+zealot in sc

-or either stack (in the sense that with 1 shammy you always have shammy one or your toughness buff) and so be too good; shammy tough buff is also hot and so it can be removed, if you x2 the skills which increase toughness it's possible that it's too hard remove those eff, also considering they would be spam.

-and even a third one as you pointed out the value , another redundancy skill (common bg problem with wounds /armor debuff)
This is just pure BS Tesq
  • 99% Shammies don't even have it as lifetaps are better
  • Doks will be melee healers so 2x doks is dead
  • Do you even know know why you slot dok/zeal?
  • Read the post Tesq it says give it a reasonable CD
  • No 200-300 toughness would never ever be a redun skill

Jaycub

Post#16 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:52 pm

Bozzax wrote:
I some what worry about giving a dps class to much toughness
What about giving a dps class 25% parry and initiative?

This is one of the biggest reasons why IBs are in demand and BGs aren't
Spoiler:
A bit offtopic so I'll spoiler myself

IB only ever came in demand 1 time on this server (over SM) when you saw groups running proc group busters and couldn't afford to run any variation of SM because it got owned in seconds by the burst. Secondly you'll only see IB ran in serious groups if they are running some kind of weird 2nd string setup that absolutely needs an armor debuff. It's firmly in place as the worst tank on order just like BG is on destro, slightly more use not because it's better than BG, but because SM/knight combo isn't the end all be all like chosen/BO (but it's damn close).

I just finished reading all these BG balance discussions, and I am pretty much at the conclusion that we are gonna have to buff this class to godlike status before it ever sees use over the current implementation of BO/Chosen. Morale pumps are too strong, BO aoe snare is too good, BO damage is too good, Chosen (and knight) auras, superpunt, and misc utility are just too good etc...

I'd personally rather wait for client control to add completely new mechanics to BG like guard break for example to allow it to compete, or just wait for CH/BO nerfs.
<Lords of the Locker Room> <Old School>

Bozzax

Post#17 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:27 pm

removed
Last edited by Bozzax on Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Aurandilaz

Post#18 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:52 pm

Whilst it may be a step towards the right direction, I don't think BG issue are solved by this minor buff to one ability. The whole Dark Protector would need to be reworked in order to make the class closer towards the utility of other tanks.
I wouldn't mind another way to get toughness up, but I just don't think that is what is needed at the moment.

Ads
Penril

Post#19 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:16 pm

Time to lock.