Recent Topics

Ads

[Marauder] Thunderous blows cool downs

Proposals which did not pass the two week review, were rejected internally, or were not able to be implemented.
TenTonHammer

Re: Thunderous blows cool downs

Post#11 » Tue Jan 31, 2017 5:00 pm

Jaycub already beat me to it

I don't buy at all the Mara filler dps argument, impale is a dam good filler with piercing bite, ws armor pen, additional armor ignore from the back and can apply deeply impaled crit debuff if you run it and lastly can trigger brut stance aa haste

Maybe maras should stop being lazy sticking in sav and spammig flail and only go to brute for giouttine and should instead stance dance more

The last thing TB deserves, is ANY form of buff

Ads
Toldavf

Post#12 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:45 am

Impale would be amazing if it wasn't essentially torment. There are very few situations in organised group play where a person will give his back. Impale is a stance specific ability that will only do good damage if delivered from the rear in any realistic fight you can never use it to trade blows with any other player and that is something TB used to be very useful for.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

SRoth137

Post#13 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:21 am

Spoiler:
TenTonHammer wrote: Maybe maras should stop being lazy sticking in sav and spammig flail and only go to brute for giouttine and should instead stance dance more
Who is using flail?? Good heavens. :lol:
Don't make posts like this one - Penril
Xerol/Xerel/etc

TenTonHammer

Post#14 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:41 am

Toldavf wrote:Impale would be amazing if it wasn't essentially torment. There are very few situations in organised group play where a person will give his back. Impale is a stance specific ability that will only do good damage if delivered from the rear in any realistic fight you can never use it to trade blows with any other player and that is something TB used to be very useful for.
And?

You still get pb ignore + ws armor pen and brut stance proc for additional dps
If you don't stab em in the back you miss out on 600 ish additional armor ignore that's it, don't act like the ability is far from unuseable or something

Why should TB function as BOTH a ridiculously strong no requirements high uptime wounds debuff AND a dps filler ability?

You can't have it all

Toldavf

Post#15 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:19 am

Actually the amount from cookie cutter is 841 and while I'm not saying Impale isn't good from behind I am saying generally that isn't an option vs organised groups. It is also a significantly worse ability vs any light armoured class.

I do agree that the up time is far to much at 20 seconds and i do want that scaled back as it serves absolutely no purpose.

I must reiterate marauder does not rely on spamables and TB was a very important skill for filling the gap between cool downs.

Gachimuchi

Post#16 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:26 am

Marauder doesn't need a damage buff. It brings plenty to the table already. Damage is not something it is terribly lacking either.
Zuuka - Okayzoomer - and many others
Khandikhaine/Ligmuh/Egf - Meatcircle - Ukruton - and many others
Old School / Lords of the Locker Room

TenTonHammer

Post#17 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:15 am

Toldavf wrote:Actually the amount from cookie cutter is 841 and while I'm not saying Impale isn't good from behind I am saying generally that isn't an option vs organised groups. It is also a significantly worse ability vs any light armoured class.

I do agree that the up time is far to much at 20 seconds and i do want that scaled back as it serves absolutely no purpose.

I must reiterate marauder does not rely on spamables and TB was a very important skill for filling the gap between cool downs.
But why shout tb specifically be that filler

Once again with other "options" like impale or flail or even corruption?

Why should such a high tool tip dmg ability like TB be allowed to be a filler when the class already has high front load and backload burst? Mara dosnt have as much dps as chops n Wes yes but they mores than make up for it with massive utility so such a hard hitting ability for filler is not justified

You talked about implae being like torment with pb though it's like you have Sod

You also talked about how it is weak vs light armor so like rdps I feel such an issue is irrelevent in my eyes considering Mara is one of the best anti kite classes on destro

Toldavf

Post#18 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 7:41 am

Because it once was and while it was the class worked. In a tough fight its DPS remained good throughout now it has a noticble drop off or slump if you will.

It's damage is mostly the same as cutting claws (that's with cutting claws up mind) maybe a little more vs squishier but certainly less vs hard targets.

Marauder has massive utility potential we don't bring everything in one spec and a decent amount of the utility is generally not even used in 6vs6 where TB shines.

Mara has ok back end damage backload is something different but in reguard to giloutine and pulverise. If you can't put a target below 50% then what good are they?

Light armoured players make the best targets shadow warriors, witch hunters and bright wizards are all super juicy.

As a side ever tried killing a healed target without TB on a mara?

Ads
Tesq

Post#19 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:01 am

i do share a little toldavf concern but here we are talk about 1 skill less every rotation, the difference is not that much and even the need to wait 1-2 sec for target swap neither.
what's the difference between impale and TB in dps value 100-200 pt?. Considering you stance swap earlier you can also proc more auto attack earlier. All in all i dont see much difference just appart be more accurate in your debuff rotation.

blaqwar

Post#20 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:47 am

Toldavf wrote:Because it once was and while it was the class worked. In a tough fight its DPS remained good throughout now it has a noticble drop off or slump if you will.

It's damage is mostly the same as cutting claws (that's with cutting claws up mind) maybe a little more vs squishier but certainly less vs hard targets.

Marauder has massive utility potential we don't bring everything in one spec and a decent amount of the utility is generally not even used in 6vs6 where TB shines.

Mara has ok back end damage backload is something different but in reguard to giloutine and pulverise. If you can't put a target below 50% then what good are they?

Light armoured players make the best targets shadow warriors, witch hunters and bright wizards are all super juicy.

As a side ever tried killing a healed target without TB on a mara?
And here I was thinking that the general consesus was the main issue with Maras was that they bring more than any other career can in a single spec. They outperform the debuffers on destro (probably on Order too) while peforming the DPS of a dedicated MDPS (Choppa), all in one spec. Which other career can do that? Aside from Chosen/Knights no other career can have their cake and eat it too, and they're getting changed, slowly but surely (look at the Knight crit nerfs, Slayer SL being a WB utility skill now, diversifying is the name of the game).

I don't see what prevents you from speccing full Brutality and having Impale be the amazing spammable filler ability it was designed to be. I fail to see how one of the best sustained damage abilities a different archetype has (WH/WE) isn't enough for a Marauder. Yes, the Brutality tree has issues and it should be looked at, there was a proposal for shuffling the trees but client control is needed for that, so I'm sure balance changes will come in time. But arguing that a spec that's designed for debuffing should have same or higher sustained damage and burst than a tree that's designed for that is just poppycock.