Recent Topics

Ads

[Shadow Warrior] Counterstrike.

Proposals which did not pass the two week review, were rejected internally, or were not able to be implemented.
Penril

Re: [Shadow Warrior] Counterstrike.

Post#21 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:02 pm

Similar =/= "exactly, 100% the same"

Ads
Bejkon

Post#22 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:21 am

First:
Spoiler:
Toldavf wrote:the sugested level of ap drain as probably to high it would be able to rob between 95-105 ap from a healer for a heal that is then not even cast.
Am i missing something? Where did the 95-105 number come from? AP not regenerated while trying to cast a 3s spell and then getting interupted at the last moment? That not a specific thing for this ability, thats the case for all casts, they halt regen. If you were thinking of ability cost+drain, well, abilities dont cost anything untill they are acually fired, afaik. The game just does a check to see that there is enough AP in your pool to start the cast, but it does not get spent untill a 2nd check at the end of the cast, when the ability is fired. Thats how AP drains can act as interupts if you start casting something with just enough AP.
Anyways, OT:

The ability is useful for sure, still, as stated it's lacking compared to similar abilities. Adding a bonus effect to it would be cool.

However, I'm not sure just tacking on a drain would be awsome. I'd think it would be alot cooler if it went something like:

"(Insert Current Tooltip) If an ability is interupted, trigger X effect."

X could be the AP drain that OP suggested.
or no AP cost on the next ability.
or WW on the following 1 ability.
or a c+v of Gut Ripper effect.
or Counterstrike's CD lowered to 10s.
or some debuff on the enemy(+5s CD on the next ability?)
or idk, just ideas from the top of my head.

Now I'm not at all sure this is even possible to make happen with the tools the devs have atm, but it might be, considering abilities that detect casts already exist(Swift Strikes comes to mind).

My reasoning behind not liking the idea of just adding the AP drain, or any other effect, straight to the ability is that this just dumbs down gameplay imo. Giving an already very forgiving class one more button thats basically never bad to press. All these "SWs who have never known that such skill even exists" will just see a brand new AP drain and use it on cooldown, with the added effect of maybe interrupting some random spell unintentionally, and still profit. I'd like to see it remain a very situational untility tool, with just abit more oomph if used at the right time/place.

The aim should be to incentivize reading the situation and reacting accodingly. This is something I think the class lacks over all(stance-camping seems to do the trick for most, on a stance-based "hybrid" class etcetc) but thats another thread.

Then again, just an idea and just my opinion. <3

/Bejk

Penril

Post#23 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:49 pm

Time to lock.