Recent Topics

Ads

WE/WH Elixirs Cooldowns

Proposals which did not pass the two week review, were rejected internally, or were not able to be implemented.
Aurandilaz

Re: WE/WH Elixirs Cooldowns

Post#21 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:17 pm

Dabbart wrote:Yea. Cause for example constitutes fact. And you only target competent r40 WHs right? What kills you in what proportion again might not be relevant. It’s raw data for one person, and not indicative of really anything.

It wasn’t a nice choice for timeframe. It is the time it takes for all the abilities to be used, expire, and on rotation. we can look at it over a 5min period if you want.. or 90seconds. Or 373 seconds. The time is largely irrelevant, the numbers remain the same.

And neither I, nor the balance forums care what randoms, soloers, or lowbies do or spec. This forum operates under everyone playing their class competantly. If players intentionally spec as glass cannons, then so be it. But You can’t use the argument that the change isn’t OP, because you don’t think everyone will even utilize it. Those that do, would be(imo).

You shouldn’t balance a proposal based on how many will use it. It’s use will be dependent on your tactics and spec, which is based on who you are playing with, and where. SC, RvR, etc. If your trying to say that you only ever use one spec or build then I think I found your problem... But most of the competent players I know actually respec a lot.

As far as I can tell, BW/Sorc archenemy currently are Disrupt rates and breaking LoS with their healers. Adding more 100% disrupts will not help this in any way. As you said, each class already has the ability to go shroud/m1. The difference, is now I could go shroud/m1, and then 23s later I have 100% disrupt again. 23s after that I can get another 14s of immunity. Or you could cycle them, so every 15s or so you gain immunity. Or just be clever with your timing and watch for any WoP/BB or other telegraphs.

The only argument I can see that kinda makes sense for this change is the stealth one. But I disagree with that, since it would in fact mean that whole steal thing, ONLY physical damage could prevent/break it.

Also, this could would help WE more so than WH, as Swift Movements already puts them on a shorter spike timer, but my issue isn’t with the DPS side of this, it’s the avoidance cycling. Hence, why I am basically ignoring the other shrouds/elixirs.
Its data from my high rr sorc POV, trying to make the point that WHs as they are now are basically a non-threat for me in the current state of game. Yes, I, a Destro player am confessing that WHs barely present a threat, either I only meet bad WH players, or I never meet the good ones that can actually make a Sorc piss in their pants, or maybe the class itself is lacking when facing enemy rdps players.

And assuming competent gameplay, a BW will be running BurnThrough tactic, which actually allows them to ignore WE Disrupt Elixir. So even if it were 30 sec CD instead of 60, they can still send Pyroclastic Surge and Fireball that lands home despite the WE choosing to spec for EoC and using that instead of other elixirs.
On the other hand, WHs who run Repel Blasphemy still drop dead because competent WEs know to hit them from behind or know to sever the blessing.
As for M1, it helps against Parry/Dodge, leaving you still wide open for Disrupt. Even then, competent enemies will you from behind meaning its not an absolutely guarantee of avoiding melee dmg.

And regarding Sorc/BW, if they are ever to gain any kind of upwards adjustment or ability to work around currently high rates of disrupt, it should also be balanced in the other end, that is allowing classes to exist that can actually perform well when it comes to competing against deadly magical casters who know how to keep distance from threats.
A well played Sorc/BW will notice the Disrupt Elixir and either switch target, or wait until its over to deliver the burst. The Elixir only provides some coverage (though not against good BWs with BurnThrough), and the remaining 23 sec you would still be dying against good rdps, business as usual.
23 seconds allows basically anything to happen. You could travel 200-300 feet, or witness several warbands clash and wipe, or die and resurrect half a dozen times in that timeframe. That timeframe is wide enough for any competent BW/Sorc to finish you. (especially with BurnThrough)
M1 doesn't help at all against Disrupts.

And regarding Feinted Positioning, it would probably open more new spec possibilities for WE. I have nothing against giving Swift Movement to WH, make a proposal for that if you want. Its a tactic that I myself don't really use, because after all, assuming competent gameplay you do not need to spam FP of the cooldown, and for WE there exist many other far better tactics. If more WEs would use Swift Movements combined with Elixirs on 30 sec CD, it means they are forfeiting other tactics that IMO are far more useful.

Question, would you be more open to 30 sec Elixir rotation if they were Blessings that WE/WH could remove from each other? Same way Repel Blasphemy is now treated.

Ads
Krima

Post#22 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:41 pm

I dont think a blessing would be a good idea
e.g :Sacrifical Stab got reworked and its a blessing now.. its geting insta removed by WHs / IBs because they have that on priority in their nerfed button sequence.. its brainless. They dont even know they removed a blessing from a WE, they just keep spaming one button.. and "hey!! It happens to remove 13point skill mastery blessing from a WE.
Krima - WE RR 87
Carnage :ugeek:

vouzou

Post#23 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:44 pm

In my opinion the elixirs and oposite for Wh need to change.
First remove the shared cooldown.
Second armour and dmg need lesser cd lets say 30 is fair enought.
But disrupt must stay in 1 min it is too strong.
Korthian Dok of Phalanx
Korthi Wp of Zerg

Dabbart

Post#24 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:25 pm

Krima, you do know Buffs are removed as first applied first removed right? You can cover it, or have allies put up buffs for you...

And if the shroud/elixir was removable that would negate my concerns. Counterplay is the great balancer imo.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Hastykrasty

Post#25 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:56 pm

Dabbart wrote: It wasn’t a nice choice for timeframe. It is the time it takes for all the abilities to be used, expire, and on rotation. we can look at it over a 5min period if you want.. or 90seconds. Or 373 seconds. The time is largely irrelevant, the numbers remain the same.
With the same (wrong) concept you could say that in53s you are covered only for 7s with 100% disrupt (23s CD after using the ability, 7s of 100% disrupt and again 23s of CD). So a 7/53 = 13.2% coverage should't bother you, shouldn't it?

Back on sanity, time in WAR is meaningful. WAR has PERIODIC abilities (even the spammable ones, they have global cooldown), meaning that when reasoning with an ability you must take in account a meaningful and consistent timeframe. This time window must be a multiple of the period of the ability (given by ON time + OFF time).
If you want to go into the difficult, dealing with multiple abilities with different CDs, the time must be (atleast) their Least Common Multiple.

So, a 7s of effect uptime, with a 23 CD, has a coverage of 7/30 = 23.3%. The same for its multiples: 14s UP-time and 46s of Down-time is 14/60=23.3% and so on. You have to take in account perionds, discrete amount of times, otherwise it would be arbitrary.

Hope this helps with other balance threads, same rules apply.
Suffer Not The Eretic To Live

Dabbart

Post#26 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:46 pm

What? 7s usage + 23s CD is 30s. Counting this twice(for a full 60s) gives 14s of immunity. Not 7. I used 67s timer to accommodate the full cycle with a morale on 60s timer... You’re only counting the 7s once, but apply the usage/cd twice... huh?

No, I have no problem with a 13.2% coverage, cause that is how it works right now. 7s immune then 53s(I think. Can’t confirm the cd timer starts on cast and mot expiration[like stealth]at work) cd. Also you aren’t adding the Morale coverage. Which is where I got the 21s coverage time.

Or am I misunderstanding your math breakdown?

Edit: I'm wrong. Hastykrasty's math is correct.
Last edited by Dabbart on Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Hastykrasty

Post#27 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:47 pm

Morale doesn't add coverage, is 100% PARRY AND DODGE, we are talking about DISRUPT here.
If you take into account morale cycle, then you should take into account 1min periods or its multiples
Suffer Not The Eretic To Live

Esperflame

Post#28 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:21 pm

Spoiler:
Honestly, I think WEs and WHs both are fine. They both perform solidly in SCs and if your complaint is about RvR, well everything in RvR gets melted when facing overwhelming odds. Now I'm currently leveling a WH and sure it is kinda squish, but their job isn't to be a main line fighter. You skirmish the outskirts in stealth looking for a juicy target and stab the living poop out of it! There's supposed to be danger once you engage and getting out is supposed to be the challenge of the class. You can already easily get into a fight murder the crap out of about anything, do they really need 100% combat efficiency all the time? I don't think any class has that. I'm against the buffs overall.
"Those classes are fine" is not a valid argument.
Karnak (Ironbreaker), Hadebrandt (KotBS), Quigon (Swordmaster), Rakthraka (Black Orc), Thulza (Chosen), Braerithryn (Blackguard)

"Yeah, I play all the tanks. I've got beef!" - Me

Ads
Penril

Post#29 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:40 pm

Basically, most people seem to agree that:

a) Disrupt Elixir might be too strong with a 30s CD.
b) Armor ignore Elixir would be fine with a 30s CD.
c) The last elixir would still be crap even with a 10s CD.

Nabaro

Post#30 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:16 pm

Penril wrote:...
c) The last elixir would still be crap even with a 10s CD.
I think Elixir of Blades\VHS need some rework. Cuz this ability have very weak numbers, cancels detaunt, and if WE\WH get focused - something goes wrong and u want press safe abilites. If it was conceived as a melee defense, let it give extra parry, or melee damage absorb, or all melee dmg will be 1 for 7 sec, or CC immune for 7 sec(or any useful protection). If it was conceived as a attacker in the Dot build, then let him add the damage as a witch's brew only weaker, or some proc dmg for 7 seconds, or the next successful attack will impose a DOT an enemy(or any useful increase of damage).
Triv, Nabari \ Nerv, Virt
https://www.twitch.tv/nabaro