Recent Topics

Ads

Sorc - Chilling Gusts

Proposals which did not pass the two week review, were rejected internally, or were not able to be implemented.
Atropik

Re: Sorc - Chilling Gusts [Close Date Apr 22]

Post#21 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:59 am

Spoiler:
dansari wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:58 pm My viewpoint is that an undefendable AOE dot operates much like Raze would, with half the build time before dropping and almost like a set and forget at the beginning of a fight. Say you set IS on an enemy band: 5 sorcs at ~150 per tick, give you two GCDs to set it up on several targets. That's still about 4 ticks at ~750hp every 3 seconds that's undefendable. You can now count on that damage sticking for the most part (you argue that you can just cleanse it, but isn't it really easy to mask dots in a wb?).

Additionally, stop falsely equivocating Burn Through with undefendable Ice Spikes. They would operate quite differently.
jesus.

Me and senior New Balance Moderator, we stand still against revertin dot changes, even on a one single 11pt weak dot. We suffered enough from the Ice spikes, 9.5 years of pain we had, not a single healer could overheal that mighty ticks, it pushed through indoor funneling, wiped out wbs, melted down tanks. Personaly ive never survived after having 2 IS on me, but ive heard some stories about mighty Kotbs who suvived with 4 IS on him, what a man.

that thing may not come to life. No!
Cool story. Supply honest feedback or don't comment. Cheers - Dan
Nicelook | Obey

Ads
Arteker616

Post#22 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:48 am

I would say there could be other options to the tactic, this tactic was kinda underperforming always since it cannot critic or benefeit from main stats .
At the risk of derrail, i think this tactic would serve better as aplying a snare effect similar to how the rp performs with dots, lets say a 20% or 25% to aply a 3 secs snare on the target. this would server well to sorc either as aoe CC or single target cc wich always was abigger complaint on the relation with bw .
Before the bw comunity jump at my face , i would like to point few factors with current disrupt changes it would not be op since it would still need land and not be defended , and on rvr it would be aimed to a more organized wb style and with hols running around would still not be overperforming as much people would think.

dansari

Post#23 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:52 am

I appreciate thinking outside of the box. However, I'm not sure if a 65ft AOE slow is good for an already very slow heavy game.
<Salt Factory>

sabat80

Post#24 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:27 pm

That tactic is defiently compelty useless currently but in my opinion we shouldn't be adding any more undefendable abilities. Disrupt changes were introduced for a reason (its a different discussion are they too much or not) but only undefendable abilities should be morale and nothing else.

One option is to make it as Wildfire for Calamity (with higher than 25% of appication as it is single target).

Another option might be to make it as Smoldering Embers. It already exists in the game, therefore we know how it is performing in a similar tree.

Aurandilaz

Post#25 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:00 pm

sabat80 wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:27 pm That tactic is defiently compelty useless currently but in my opinion we shouldn't be adding any more undefendable abilities. Disrupt changes were introduced for a reason (its a different discussion are they too much or not) but only undefendable abilities should be morale and nothing else.

One option is to make it as Wildfire for Calamity (with higher than 25% of appication as it is single target).

Another option might be to make it as Smoldering Embers. It already exists in the game, therefore we know how it is performing in a similar tree.
And the tactic will remain useless unless it is changed to something that makes a valuable addition to either ST or AoE spec,or possibly both - no point in changing it from entirely useless to somewhat useless. It either needs to "unseat" some existing tactic build, or open possibility for some new build based on a new shiny version of Chilling Gusts and a DoT tree build. (DoT tree being the most damaged due to Disrupt check first on arrival of DoT and then final dmg check - inferior to ST dmg tree with 1 Disrupt check on hit and AoE tree with 1 Disrupt check on hit [apart from few abilities that require target anchoring Disrupt check])

Thing about Smoldering Embers is that its somewhat underused currently, but retains certain synergy that makes it function in some BW specs that are built around StopDropnRoll (rkd) and Detonate (requires target to be Hexed in order to fire), and the amount of DoTs churning and possible being Disrupted then fuels FlashFire procs. SE tactic is certainly one of the least favoured BW tactics (though still possible pick if you go for a full ranged DOTter spec I guess), and not sure Sorc would work with that being mirrored due to retaining none of the aforementioned synergy potential.

sabat80

Post#26 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:09 pm

Aurandilaz wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:00 pm And the tactic will remain useless unless it is changed to something that makes a valuable addition to either ST or AoE spec
I completely agree with that but making another skill unconditionally undefendable, in my opinion, is not a solution. It will just create a must-have tactic for every build to use. It needs to be something worth taking but not a default.

daniilpb

Post#27 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:12 pm

Must-have tactic for undefendable Ice Spikes?
(X) doubt
It certainly won't be mandatory for single target builds else you will gimp your overall damage.
<Fusion>
Riphael - Black Guard.
Meridin - Sorcerer.
<FusionII>
Ripliel - Shadow Warrior.
Arfi - Swordmaster.
Very Serious Warhammer Online Montage

Arteker616

Post#28 » Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:00 pm

dansari wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:52 am I appreciate thinking outside of the box. However, I'm not sure if a 65ft AOE slow is good for an already very slow heavy game.
yes but my idea is tricky, first and foremost in order to proc the snare or slow it must hurt the target wich with current changes isnt that easy , aswell it still a 20% chance limited to a max of 8 targets with a duration of 6 secs max or maybe 5 on a basic of each dot tick is 3 secs no that big atbest will be minimal uptime on the snare.

Ads
Arbich
Suspended

Post#29 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:17 am

Aurandilaz wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:00 pm Thing about Smoldering Embers is that its somewhat underused currently, but retains certain synergy that makes it function in some BW specs that are built around StopDropnRoll (rkd) and Detonate (requires target to be Hexed in order to fire), and the amount of DoTs churning and possible being Disrupted then fuels FlashFire procs. SE tactic is certainly one of the least favoured BW tactics (though still possible pick if you go for a full ranged DOTter spec I guess), and not sure Sorc would work with that being mirrored due to retaining none of the aforementioned synergy potential.
:lol: Yeah, sure.

((Chilling Gusts seems underpowered for the required investment, but is the sorc underpowered regarding AE and therefore unwelcome in a warband? I think not and so no buff for AE damage is needed.)) - doesn't necessarily matter that sorc is viable in warband play if an 11pt tactic is underperforming, but in the context of this proposal I understand your argument is that it shouldn't make their aoe specs any better and therefore your opinion is that we shouldn't make it an AE buff, at least that's how I'll interpret it :D - Dan
Regarding single target damage, I think all your proposals are still to weak in comparison to the other tactics available for sorc (although proposal c might help some players that use some cast sequence addon and don´t want to think about what actually happens^^).

Aurandilaz wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 1:00 pm Random side "proposal" possibilities if nothing above is of interest:
-Change CG: "All of your Path of Calamity abilities are 15% harder to Block and Disrupt"
-Change CG: "Any time Chillwind/IS is Disrupted/Blocked, you will do 10% more dmg during next 10 seconds"
-Change CG: "All of your Path of Calamity abilities have 20% more range"
I like these proposals, especially the increased range. If you exclude hand of ruin from range increase, there will be no high damage instant cast at 120ft, but it will increase the sorcs kiting capability.
Arbich-BW/Xanthippe-WP/Schnipsel-AM

Ridduk

Post#30 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:41 am

My suggestion would be increase proc to 50% and change dmg type to spiritual