Recent Topics

Ads

[SM] Heaven's Blade

Proposals after the two week discussion period will be moved to this sub-forum for internal review.
Methryel

Re: [Swordmaster] Heaven's Blade [Close Date May 28]

Post#31 » Thu May 17, 2018 12:52 pm

It's maybe a bad idea , what do you think about an AP Buff for party?
SM :Methryel

Ads
dansari

Post#32 » Thu May 17, 2018 1:02 pm

Methryel wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 12:52 pm It's maybe a bad idea , what do you think about an AP Buff for party?
Not sure anyone would use it -- you can already get pretty sufficient AP feed from RP rune and WP Refreshing Radiance, or knight aura, etc.
<Salt Factory>

Methryel

Post#33 » Thu May 17, 2018 1:40 pm

dansari wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 1:02 pm
Methryel wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 12:52 pm It's maybe a bad idea , what do you think about an AP Buff for party?
Not sure anyone would use it -- you can already get pretty sufficient AP feed from RP rune and WP Refreshing Radiance, or knight aura, etc.
Indeed , you're right .

Osred

Post#34 » Thu May 17, 2018 4:05 pm

I'm all for the healing idea.

Or perhaps scrap blessings of heaven tactic and place its effects on the blade enchantment instead. Keeps the Heaven name too ;)

This could also free up a tactic slot for any Hoeth spec ideas.
Osri - 40/79 - Runepriest
Osarion 40/82 - Swordmaster
Osgrim 40/74 - Ironbreaker

Methryel

Post#35 » Fri May 18, 2018 9:07 am

The more i'm thinking , the more i'm telling that the 1 a is the best solution. I mean , it's a hybrid tree , there are already two healing tactics (i'm not a big fan but...) , HB's logic was to increase the magic dmg done by the party. So...
But there is a huge risk that it would also increase the dmg done by a khaine's SM...and i think we all agree that it's not the goal.

Harkonen
Banned

Post#36 » Fri May 18, 2018 9:16 am

Hoeth being a hybrid tree, would it be possible to change the effect of HB depending on whether the SM has 2H or SnB equipped?

Ramasee

Post#37 » Sat May 19, 2018 8:22 pm

Solution 4: 25% chance on hit to increase the morale of all groupmates within 100ft by 50. This effect cannot happen more than once every 3s.

This change would not significantly increase the damage output of a khaine SM since nearly all SM morales are defensive, utility, or debuff/cc oriented. ICD allows the dev team to control the maximum amount of morale given. This change could compete with stat steal within some group compositions. It poses less of a threat towards constant enchant switching.

live4treasure

Post#38 » Sat May 19, 2018 11:37 pm

I think the morale pump idea wouldn't see any serious play, because speaking in cardgame terms, it provides value, but no tempo. It's more important to have something provide an immediate effect to improve the situation right now, than give everyone morales to have a weird potential of making things better later. Or at least, the benefit it provides needs to be significant.

I think HB, if we want to keep it as a viable and useful enchantment, should provide an immediate effect. As the dev's said, SM is in a good spot in terms of damage, so it shouldn't provide any real damage boost.

Utility-wise, the only thing heaven's blade could do is provide a speed boost for the SM, but that's really awkward and unreliable, because you have to switch over to HB and then hope you proc a speed boost. If you make it an aoe speed boost for the whole team, then it becomes instead quite OP.

There are already defensive enchantments, so making Heaven's Blade heal or do other things just won't do anything for SM as a class.

Here's what I propose, and I'm not sure if it can be coded this way or not.

1) Next magical attack from any allied source (not the SM) ignores magic resistances. This might be op considering you could just proc this over and over with a bit of luck.

2) Increases magic damage taken from anyone but the SM by 5-10% for 5 seconds.

3) Reduces targets avoidances by 10% each for 5 seconds. Increase the SM's avoidances by 10% each for 5 seconds.
Giladar - rr 80 DPS AM

Ads
Toldavf

Post#39 » Sun May 20, 2018 1:38 am

Think order have enough morale pumps on their bombing classes to make this a bad idea.
Khorlar, Thorvold, Sjohgar, Anareth, Toldavf, Hartwin, Gotrin and others -_-

peterthepan3

Post#40 » Sun May 20, 2018 1:44 am

Would appreciate it if people refrained from offering their own solutions, and kept feedback pertinent to OP's suggestions.

Not to say that some other suggestions aren't good, but it just gets the original proposal muddied up.