Recent Topics

Ads

[SM] Heaven's Blade

Proposals after the two week discussion period will be moved to this sub-forum for internal review.
Ramasee

[SM] Heaven's Blade

Post#1 » Fri May 11, 2018 2:38 am

The issue with the blade enchantment is that it feels out of place and mostly goes unused as well. This is caused by the fact that it does not stack with any other resistance debuffs. For our own damage, wrath of hoeth is used to lower spiritual resistance. The Knight of the Blazing Sun's debuff while lower is constant where ours is a random proc IF we even hit the target and much harder to keep up in AoE. The consistency of the blade enchant cannot be resolved without internal blade enchant balance issues; and the resistances cannot be made to stack due to the huge % damage increases (upwards of 25% on some targets).

[All three proposed solutions replace the resistance debuff entirely]

Solution 1a: For the next ten seconds, when the target takes magical damage you will deal X spirit damage to the target.

Solution 1b: Target takes 5%increased magical damage for the 10s duration.

This preserves the nature of the ability by providing additional damage to the target whenever struck by magic damage (corporeal, spiritual, elemental) without the exponential damage increases from stacking resistance debuff.

Solution 2: 25% chance on hit to apply a buff to the target for 10s. Whenever the target hits an ally, you heal the ally for X.

This idea was partially introduced to me during pre-discussions about my proposals. I thought it fit well with the healing theme present in the path of Hoeth as well as a few of my other proposals.
Last edited by Ramasee on Mon May 14, 2018 3:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ads
dansari

Re: [Swordmaster] Heaven's Blade

Post#2 » Mon May 14, 2018 2:32 pm

Moving to discussions. Closed on May 28th.
Ramasee wrote:
Can you clarify whether you want Solution 1b to also remove the resistance debuff, or are you proposing it be removed with 1a and stay with 1b? Same goes for #2 I guess.
<Salt Factory>

Ramasee

Re: [Swordmaster] Heaven's Blade [Close Date May 28]

Post#3 » Mon May 14, 2018 3:19 pm

Oh sorry, all three solutions replace the resistance debuff. Guess I formatted that poorly. Edited the main post to reflect this.
Last edited by Ramasee on Mon May 14, 2018 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dansari

Post#4 » Mon May 14, 2018 3:23 pm

No problem, just wanted to confirm that's what you're proposing.
<Salt Factory>

Harkonen
Banned

Post#5 » Tue May 15, 2018 7:08 am

While I appreciate trying to stick to the sentiment of the Hoeth tree (imo its the most interesting mastery tree in the game), could we perhaps shift away from it just increasing dmg and steer more towards offensive support/utility? Like a 5% speed increase for party proc with +1% speed per invested point in hoeth tree (example:5 sec duration with 10 sec icd)?

Always kind off envisioned the 3 mastery trees as:
Khaine: DPS (2H - smallscale/sc/6v6)
Vaul: Defensive support (SnB/wb play)
Hoeth: Offensive support (2H or SnB/Orvr roaming)

If the dev team/RoR community do not envision this in a similar way I understand my suggestion is moot.

Delete this comment if you deem it out of place Dansari/Peterthepan3

roadkillrobin

Post#6 » Tue May 15, 2018 8:05 am

Either of sollutions 1, drasticly increase the dmg of the Swordmaster itself which by my knowllege was the originally intent to why the stacking was removed in the first place.

The problem with sugestion 2 is that SM can alleady heal alot. It might not do much against burst, but add another one and it might lead to extremly potent gank groups that might become very hard to kill and hit very, very hard.
It's also gonna make SM an absolute monster in solo PVE.

Id like to purpose Heavens Blade go back to the old stacking rule but excludes Spirit Ressistance debuff from HB from it as it's alleady covered by Wrath of Hoeth. It would then have synnergy with BW/Engie when combined with Kotbs.

Harkonen
Banned

Post#7 » Tue May 15, 2018 8:12 am

roadkillrobin wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 8:05 am Either of sollutions 1, drasticly increase the dmg of the Swordmaster itself which by my knowllege was the originally intent to why the stacking was removed in the first place.

Id like to purpose Heavens Blade go back to the old stacking rule but excludes Spirit Ressistance debuff from HB from it as it's alleady covered by Wrath of Hoeth. It would then have synnergy with BW/Engie when combined with Kotbs.
Wasnt heavens blade stacking with kobs aura exactly the reason it got nerfed? Not the spirit damage increase done by SM itself?

Methryel

Post#8 » Tue May 15, 2018 9:07 am

I think solution 1a will be better. But i fear it could maybe increase the SM's dmg too much
Khaine's path + BS + BE + EA ... Could be too much no ?
SM :Methryel

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#9 » Tue May 15, 2018 9:31 am

Spoilering myself:
Spoiler:
It was also changed because of its synergy with magical dps - particularly in a WB environment iirc.

Making it not stack with spirit alone would be a nerf to dps am/wp/wh - while providing a damage increase for BW and engi grenades (the latter not necessarily being a bad thing, the former out of the question).

Note: the Khaine SM does not need a damage buff, and any proposals pertaining to SM enchantments must ASSURE us that a Khaine SM wouldn't indirectly benefit from said changes.

Methryel

Post#10 » Tue May 15, 2018 11:08 am

peterthepan3 wrote: Tue May 15, 2018 9:31 am
the Khaine SM does not need a damage buff, and any proposals pertaining to SM enchantments must ASSURE us that a Khaine SM wouldn't indirectly benefit from said changes.
So you imply (i'm ok that khaine SM are doing enough dmg) that HB should not give extra bonus DMG (like solutions 1) , then maybe a healing bonus for the party (who knows , it could make BoH and BE more usefull at the same time)? Or maybe disrupt bonus for party ?
Last edited by Methryel on Tue May 15, 2018 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
SM :Methryel