Recent Topics

Ads

[Dev] Tank morale overhaul

For full discussion of selected topics.
normanis

Re: [Dev] Tank morale overhaul

Post#121 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:19 pm

i think if sm got morale banish the weakneses its can freely replace sm morale jump ( good trade in my eyes)
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Ads
peterthepan3

Post#122 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:25 pm

normanis wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:19 pm i think if sm got morale banish the weakneses its can freely replace sm morale jump ( good trade in my eyes)
It's a dumb trade because: a) SM M2 does not need to go, is integral part of the 'class DNA'; b) how on earth do you justify removing an M2 for an M1?; c) why does a SM need Banish Weakness when he has Guard of Steel?

Warfare80

Post#123 » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:03 pm

Natherul wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 5:42 pm
Knight of the blazing sun:
M4

Solar flare: reduce morale with 1200 instead of full morale wipe. Original implementation was simply too strong as it could negate an entire push from the opponent force in a crowded defense. There was no other morale with the same power and has to be tuned down.

Actually you are wrong. Mara drains the same morale 10 times over,nonstop.
The "look ma, I posted on the forums" award goes to...
Spoiler:
1 *****
2 Warfare80
3 ******************

SentimentX

Post#124 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:43 am

At first thanks for taking the time to look into this topic and to give us the chance to be a part of the process.

Now my opinion on the changes:
  • HTL: could be really nice vs all the range running around lately but since its M3, I would "spam" distracting bellow instead (faster to get and safes the group not only from range/magic; no 2h or shield requ.)
    Distracting bellow: I hit more targets but less dmg reduce has kinda the same result, change looks fine to me
    BO
    Deafing bellow: little nerf but gives more options for other CC (no free immunity anymore)
    Walk it off: sounds ok, would prob. use it over distracting bellow
    Quit yer squabblin: 7 sec hard CC is way to strong; BOs are also hitting damn hard with 7sec CC they could wipe healers like crazy
    BG
    Armor of eternal s.: agreed the heal was lame for an M3
    Banish weakness: is one of the best M1 by far, super good def option, cleanse one „boiling blood“ can make the diff., also the heal in wb or sc fights adds up
    IB
    Skin of iron: is way better than the block one, you can get hit from every angle and still only get 1 dmg
    Rock clutch: the dmg is ok but with the nerfed cc and only usable at 5ft range seems a little bit weak
    KOTBS
    No escape: absolutely fine with me
    Emp. Champion: by all cc you mean only roots and slows, one of the new sets grants that already and speed is on the subj./smuggler weapons. The old one sure was strong I just see no real point in using this one.
    SM
    Wings of heaven: is the only real chance for the sm to get in the enemy back lines, he has no 40ft stagger or aoe slow like every other tank, you could reduce the slow from 10 sec to 5 sec, still good but not as good
    what bothers me is the logic behind the suggested change: we give SW his leap thing + give WL pounce without cd = nerf SM cause to many gap closer... xD?
    Guard of steel: make it 400 armor and 150 resi, armor buff only isnt really worth it
with kind regards

Senti

germ32

Post#125 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:33 am

Please do not change the BG m1. The heal is really good in combination with the dot removal, it doesnt need changing. In regards to the Bg m3 change i think that a 7200 hp heal is too much given that the armor bonus from the m3 stacks with potions, i would say leave both morales as is.

The proposed change to the IB M1 is a good one but i think it should be 900 damage over 6-9 seconds. Otherwise you are giving a tank a damage/cc ability that is almost equally as strong as the mdps 1200 instant damage m1.

For the IB m2 a 10s disarm is way too long, this is more than most current morale 4s. A more fair solution in my opinion would be to add a cap to the number of damage instances that can be reduced to 1 damage by iron skin, as it currently out performs gromril plating when used correctly.

For the proposed change to the SM morale 1 i think 800 for your party is too much. Unless the duration was something like 7-10 seconds. The chosen m4 sprout carapace gives just over 800 armor and some resists for 30 seconds. Armor mitigates more damage than resists and more classes deal physical rather than magical damage so both of these factors should be considered in balancing this. A lot of the other parts of the sm kit have to do with absorbs/parry/damage reflection. I think adding a self parry buff, or self damage reflection buff would be more fitting than armor.

For the SM m2 i think it could stay as is but just nerf the aoe snare. It is a situational ability that adds a fun and unique interaction to the class.

For the Black orc m1 7s silence seems too long.

The chosen m1 needs work in my opinion, chosen have a lot of better options for ap sustain. Perhaps an absorb similar to the kotbs m1 could be added?
Last edited by germ32 on Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phibes - 7x Marauder
Playerhater - 5x Blackguard
Phybes - 6x Sorcerer

TenTonHammer

Post#126 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:12 am

Not sure why this thread is even still open considering that the community as a whole shot this proposal(s) down in the water

At the same time I wish y’all would open up threads about all pending balance changes y’all want to do like the mSH change

Tesq

Post#127 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:09 am

germ32 wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:33 am Please do not change the BG m1. The heal is really good in combination with the dot removal, it doesnt need changing. In regards to the Bg m3 change i think that a 7200 hp heal is too much given that the armor bonus from the m3 stacks with potions, i would say leave both morales as is.

The proposed change to the IB M1 is a good one but i think it should be 900 damage over 6-9 seconds. Otherwise you are giving a tank a damage/cc ability that is almost equally as strong as the mdps 1200 instant damage m1.

For the IB m2 a 10s disarm is way too long, this is more than most current morale 4s. A more fair solution in my opinion would be to add a cap to the number of damage instances that can be reduced to 1 damage by iron skin, as it currently out performs gromril plating when used correctly.

For the proposed change to the SM morale 1 i think 800 for your party is too much. Unless the duration was something like 7-10 seconds. The chosen m4 sprout carapace gives just over 800 armor and some resists for 30 seconds. Armor mitigates more damage than resists and more classes deal physical rather than magical damage so both of these factors should be considered in balancing this. A lot of the other parts of the sm kit have to do with absorbs/parry/damage reflection. I think adding a self parry buff, or self damage reflection buff would be more fitting than armor.

For the SM m2 i think it could stay as is but just nerf the aoe snare. It is a situational ability that adds a fun and unique interaction to the class.

For the Black orc m1 7s silence seems too long.

The chosen m1 needs work in my opinion, chosen have a lot of better options for ap sustain. Perhaps an absorb similar to the kotbs m1 could be added?

Chosen had the same root m1 of ib....but got nerfed in live at some point because chosen hate......duno if asking for a revert is fine......

@ten think we gona get a new moral thread when they finished with other stuff and feedback from this one tought.

normanis

Post#128 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:02 am

weakest tank with morales is sm, and lets look in eyes of truth, after recent changes about morale gain, order non tanks have morale gain as chosem/black orc. u can put on sm morale 4th what u whant byt sm will never get it if mara will suck/drain u off (morale). isnt better start balance both sides about morale gain? and than change morales?
"Iron Within, Iron Without!"

Ads
Mordecaieth

Black Orc feedback

Post#129 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 4:05 am

I am pretty intrigued to see what these Morales have in store, more so M1 & M2. The morale one rework for Quit Yer Squabblin might receive some flack but at the same time a crit reduction is already upping the defensive department of Black Ork.

On another note, I don't mind the Swordmasters having Wings of Heaven but yes I suppose the snare timer could have a rework. This is just a wild suggestion regarding the knights morale to increase movement speed, I just wonder if it was taken into consideration to give something to the black ork to perhaps have a closer/mobility buff of their own? (2H) Just a wild fantasy, keep up the good work. These are quite some original ideas and reworks. :idea:

Natherul
Former Staff

Post#130 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 6:04 am

TenTonHammer wrote: Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:12 am Not sure why this thread is even still open considering that the community as a whole shot this proposal(s) down in the water

At the same time I wish y’all would open up threads about all pending balance changes y’all want to do like the mSH change
As we stated prior, we have listened to the feedback given and have made some changes in an internal doc. The re imagined proposal is being written up for another round of discussions