Recent Topics

Ads

[Dev] Tank morale overhaul

For full discussion of selected topics.
HongTen

Re: Tank morale overhaul

Post#11 » Tue May 07, 2019 7:09 pm

Please but please! dont touch this BG M1 please please please
theres nothing mirrored to run out of big dot focus. like just this cleanse.
same with M2 IB
this man we thanks for now.
Last edited by HongTen on Tue May 07, 2019 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Français, Françaises, j'arrive en caisse
Spoiler:
If you're an astronaut, say hello to my Ego there.
:twisted:

Ghoztz Eliminati

Ads
Jinxypie

Post#12 » Tue May 07, 2019 7:10 pm

Why theres the urge to replace stuff? Ad some new ones and ppl will choose.
Is XY OP? No- then leave it in as well.
Chosens m2 heal is great imo as it is for 2h or even snb that dont want to be s**t on by lol rampage.
DoK RR80+, Chosen RR80+, Choppa RR70+, SH RR75+ WP RR65+

Dalgrimar

Post#13 » Tue May 07, 2019 7:13 pm

M2
Tzeentch Amplification: We are open for suggestions on this one, its rather bad as it is and would be up for a change that fits with the theme and name.

?
How is it bad???
Please, just stop :lol:
Dalgri - Ftp/Sens - Sadboi - Fanboy

utube
twitch

Herthin

Post#14 » Tue May 07, 2019 7:15 pm

Not a big fan on changes on raze.
This skill allows SnBs to do SOME dmg SOMETIMES can easily be interupted and has quite a long casttime, you guys just made it a M3 now you want to completely strip it off SnBs... cos defturd no dps.
If 900dmg over 3secs make me dps after a felt eternity spemt to actually build... call me HAV0C.

Not to mention raze is efficient in pve against over enthusiastic ACTUAL dps that cant manage their aggro.

Best regards

Sesquap

Post#15 » Tue May 07, 2019 7:16 pm

I am worried about how these new morales will interact with realm specific edges (morale pumps versus drains, displacement), besides stacking hierachy, immunities, ICDs and the obvious bits (+5s hardCC on m1-2, removal/neutering of class specfic and niche morales, ...).
Personally, I don't see how these particular changes could stick unless 6mans and organised warbands (read: TUP, order will have a hard time properly testing these changes as they lack the infrastructure atm and for the forseeable future) choose to hibernate throughout the testing and decision period.

But, granted you are willing to rollback the changes if things catch fire, I don't see an issue with it - testing doesn't hurt I suppose. It'll be a week or two of hilarity; i.e.: of - hopefully - people breaking small/large scale with those morales on an unprecedented level.

Gotta show your A-Game in terms of responsiveness, accountability and such, else it'll boil down to another turmoil. Best of luck with yer plans.

Edit:
abodam wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 6:44 pm
Natherul wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 5:42 pm M2
Distracting Bellow: Its range will be increased to a 45 feet cone and reduction reduced to 35% instead of 50%. Bigger range to make it easier to hit with consistently but less power in return.
You mean it will be changed to 45ft cone?

Atm it works as a AoE debuff around your target with 30ft range from your target with 100ft range. It is strong, but it used to be M3 for this very reason.

So basically double nerf and making it slightly better than challange on M2 slot.
Because DB actually has a 100ft range to boot and with that countless viable applications, turning it into a 45ft cone in favor of 'ease of use' is quite contradicting, therefore I guess Nath's intent was lost in translation and he means to increase its radius - not change its method of application.
But I could be mistaken, of course. Gotta wait for clarification on that one...

Edit: Spelling, grammar, phrasing...
Last edited by Sesquap on Tue May 07, 2019 7:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Nekkma

Post#16 » Tue May 07, 2019 7:20 pm

This seems like another more or less completely unnecessary change. On top of that, the reasoning about some of the morales usefulnes is just plain wrong.This should be removed because of low quality and posted again after getting improved.
Nekkma / Hjortron
Zatakk
Smultron

Warfare80

Post#17 » Tue May 07, 2019 7:23 pm

Ouch kotbs got lots of nerfs and no buffs. I did not know they outperformed all other tanks that much.

Edit: Solar Flare did not drain any morale at all,its up on bugtracker. When did this get fixed?
The "look ma, I posted on the forums" award goes to...
Spoiler:
1 *****
2 Warfare80
3 ******************

Stickzy
Game Artist

Post#18 » Tue May 07, 2019 7:27 pm

What a fine idea! 11/10

Ads
LunarF0X

Post#19 » Tue May 07, 2019 7:34 pm

Banish Weakness is a great morale which often saves your hide if you use it properly. I don't think that there is a need for an additional Hate dump.

7200 is probably too much for Armor of the eternal servitude as it also inreases your armor by 990. I'd suggest to make it 4800.

Khaines warding in my opinion is a rather powerful morale which keeps your party almost at full health for 10 sec. Especially if you use it with None Shall Pass.

Not sure how to feel about new version Blast of hatred as BG already has a knockback morale.
Last edited by LunarF0X on Tue May 07, 2019 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Haskr

Post#20 » Tue May 07, 2019 7:35 pm

I levelled all tanks except BO to level 40 on this server (they are all deleted now sadly).
I never really played live and what I can say from my own experience is the following:

- Tzeentch's amplification is an incredebly powerfull tool in if used in the right moment, I don't know why you call it 'weak' in your opening statement. I always saw someone as a good chosen player if he ran amplification and used it well.

- IB M2 dmg reduction to 1 is really handy in situations were you get focused, it only lasts 5 seconds and sometimes thats enough to rescue yourself from dangerous situations, very potent m2 while keeping a short duration to not make it a get out of jail free card.
Also a very unique m2 as no other tank has similar and its kind of refreshing to not get complete mirrors (same with BG aoe knockback m2)

- SM Wings of heaven is a funny to use skill that had its special moments, maybe if you can cleanse or snarebreak the moral would be enough?

- BG M1: This one I can't really understand, to call that heal 'weak'. At first I thought you were going to change it because its very powerfull in some situations (too powerfull?) but not because it is 'weak'. Really really can't understand it.

To sum it up: all the changes sound like they will make these morals, and with that the classes, and the game, more bland, boring and uninteresting, all of the above morals are unique to their classes and make them feel very different, there is no 'khaines amplification' for the black guard, no 'away, cretins!' for the chosen, no 'wings of mork' for the BO (a sight worthy to see I would say xD), and at the end of the day thats what makes this game still interesting at least for me and maybe for some others.