Tank Morale Overhaul Thread v2

For full discussion of selected topics.

Moderators: Balance Forum Mod, Developer, Management, Game Master, Community Manager, Moderator, Web Developer

User avatar
Detangler
Posts: 140

Re: Tank Morale Overhaul Thread v2

Post#61 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:42 pm

Order: Choppa and Marauder melee AoE is OP! Teh morale draaainssss
Devs: here's a dwarf m2 to directly counter and stop all melee AoE damage pressure for 5 seconds on a push
Order: but teh immunitieeeeesss...

Seriously, how is this such a bad morale? Any silence/knock down/disarm gives immunities except for a few select abilities. You can't see the possibilities in this m2?

Edited for accuracy. M4 should be m2
Last edited by Detangler on Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Detangler - 40 DoK armor talisman farmer
Deetangler - 40/6x Chosen tankbot
Deeetangler - 40/6x Zealot healbot

Ads
User avatar
Parallell86
Posts: 67

Re: Tank Morale Overhaul Thread v2

Post#62 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:46 pm

Detangler wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:42 pm
Order: Choppa and Marauder melee AoE is OP! Teh morale draaainssss
Devs: here's a dwarf m4 to directly counter and stop all melee AoE damage pressure for 5 seconds on a push
Order: but teh immunitieeeeesss...

Seriously, how is this such a bad morale? Any silence/knock down/disarm gives immunities except for a few select abilities. You can't see the possibilities in this m4?
One stagger and those immunities are up. The ability is not a luxuary appartment in Beverly Hills mate, it's a crackhouse in Compton.
Last edited by Parallell86 on Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Reesh
Posts: 641

Re: Tank Morale Overhaul Thread v2

Post#63 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:48 pm

Parallell86 wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:37 pm
BUFF THE WH MORALE DRAIN TACTIC TO MATCH THE MARAUDER.
You won't get anywhere with this, unless wh/we gets a spammable 9 targets aoe that does not require a tactic.
Unless, tactic will be modded into riposte but instead of damaging upon parry, you'd moral drain.
That won't happen, as guys in charge already stated that class such as wh should not be useful in aoe combat.
Image

User avatar
wargrimnir
Head Game Master
Posts: 5533
Contact:

Re: Tank Morale Overhaul Thread v2

Post#64 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:52 pm

Reesh wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:48 pm
Parallell86 wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:37 pm
BUFF THE WH MORALE DRAIN TACTIC TO MATCH THE MARAUDER.
You won't get anywhere with this, unless wh/we gets a spammable 9 targets aoe that does not require a tactic.
Unless, tactic will be modded into riposte but instead of damaging upon parry, you'd moral drain.
That won't happen, as guys in charge already stated that class such as wh should not be useful in aoe combat.
Try playing a Slayer. They're a melee class with good AOE potential. Happy I could help. 8-)
Image
[email protected] for exploits and cheaters.
grimnir.me Some old WAR blog

User avatar
Parallell86
Posts: 67

Re: Tank Morale Overhaul Thread v2

Post#65 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:54 pm

Reesh wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:48 pm
Parallell86 wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:37 pm
BUFF THE WH MORALE DRAIN TACTIC TO MATCH THE MARAUDER.
You won't get anywhere with this, unless wh/we gets a spammable 9 targets aoe that does not require a tactic.
Unless, tactic will be modded into riposte but instead of damaging upon parry, you'd moral drain.
That won't happen, as guys in charge already stated that class such as wh should not be useful in aoe combat.
It's not gonna happen because they wont ever let Order have something like that because it could be used against Destro and that would upset Destro. So far they mirrored useful order stuff into destro but wont even go near the subject of doing it the other way around.

And no, I play in guild wb's every week, we cant put slayers to really good use, Engi's and Slayers have nothing to offer at the moment.

User avatar
bichka
Posts: 403

Re: Tank Morale Overhaul Thread v2

Post#66 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:55 pm

Tesq wrote:
Tue Sep 03, 2019 3:47 pm

M2 - Skin of Iron
Spoiler:
Current - Damage reduced to 1 for 5s
Proposed - 10s self buff, when attacked in melee disarm attacker for 5s
you comment here is out of logic , re read what has been wrote for this change and lets compare this to shield wall instead ;

-10 sec 180 degree ALL (100% total ) dmg immunity (buff on yourself)
-5 sec 360 degree melee (50% total ) dmg immunity (as conseguence of disarm)

they are identical in a random sich, new one is worst vs ranged sich and moreover it's unskilled in all sich compared to shield wall; atm

iron skin is perfectly balanced with shield wall so you gona give something that is not on par with shield wall therefor it wont be too with iron skin; sy but destru can bear a 5 immunity every 1 min jeez really this skill is fine it has always been duno why al this focus on it. Also i think all 2h user will throw their " grudge" at ya if you keep this going on, it is a
how to make OP morale even more OP. Worst idea ever, also you forgot, it's not only IB's morale, but also it's slayer's.
even destro have undefendable attacks and procs where your shieldwall is useless, while negleting your damage to 1 is super OP. Not mention fact that it's can be used by 2h IB, unlike shieldwall.
Last edited by bichka on Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shace / Orkansas / Gorlum
Shinku / Suiseiseki / Kirakishou

User avatar
Detangler
Posts: 140

Re: Tank Morale Overhaul Thread v2

Post#67 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:55 pm

Parallell86 wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:46 pm
Detangler wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:42 pm
Order: Choppa and Marauder melee AoE is OP! Teh morale draaainssss
Devs: here's a dwarf m4 to directly counter and stop all melee AoE damage pressure for 5 seconds on a push
Order: but teh immunitieeeeesss...

Seriously, how is this such a bad morale? Any silence/knock down/disarm gives immunities except for a few select abilities. You can't see the possibilities in this m4?
One stagger and those immunities are up. The ability is not a luxuary appartment in Beverly Hills mate, it's a crackhouse in Compton.
Friends don't let friends stagger melee in a doorway push. That's a player issue, not an ability issue. This ability went from a selfish OP self buff to a more effective group buff. Please someone come back with more logical reasoning that says otherwise.
Detangler - 40 DoK armor talisman farmer
Deetangler - 40/6x Chosen tankbot
Deeetangler - 40/6x Zealot healbot

User avatar
Detangler
Posts: 140

Re: Tank Morale Overhaul Thread v2

Post#68 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:02 pm

To the devs - if you've convinced both sides that you favor one side over the other and that there is a huge bias, you know you've done something right.

To the players - please stop with that argument. The grass is always greener, and I swear to whatever higher power that there are things that you don't have to deal with on your side that are incredibly frustrating to the other side....
Detangler - 40 DoK armor talisman farmer
Deetangler - 40/6x Chosen tankbot
Deeetangler - 40/6x Zealot healbot

Ads
User avatar
Parallell86
Posts: 67

Re: Tank Morale Overhaul Thread v2

Post#69 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:05 pm

Detangler wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:55 pm
Parallell86 wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:46 pm
Detangler wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:42 pm
Order: Choppa and Marauder melee AoE is OP! Teh morale draaainssss
Devs: here's a dwarf m4 to directly counter and stop all melee AoE damage pressure for 5 seconds on a push
Order: but teh immunitieeeeesss...

Seriously, how is this such a bad morale? Any silence/knock down/disarm gives immunities except for a few select abilities. You can't see the possibilities in this m4?
One stagger and those immunities are up. The ability is not a luxuary appartment in Beverly Hills mate, it's a crackhouse in Compton.
Friends don't let friends stagger melee in a doorway push. That's a player issue, not an ability issue. This ability went from a selfish OP self buff to a more effective group buff. Please someone come back with more logical reasoning that says otherwise.
You cant look away from the factor called "pugs". They do as they please without thinking and wont ever change. Trying to put this morale into use will fail brutally, and piss people off. Make it a M3 morale and you might actually be able to use it outside of funnels in open wb to wb fights when pugs are not necesarily around. You dont roam a zone with M4 up so it's a funnel only ability. That makes it useless.
Detangler wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:02 pm
To the devs - if you've convinced both sides that you favor one side over the other and that there is a huge bias, you know you've done something right.

To the players - please stop with that argument. The grass is always greener, and I swear to whatever higher power that there are things that you don't have to deal with on your side that are incredibly frustrating to the other side....
Nah, nah nah nah nah nah. The grass is not greener when you have capable tools to trade. But we don't. All the OP stuff are on destro realm. Why are they OP???

Oh let me break it down for you, a tactic with chance of morale drain of 225 (250???) points of morale and proccs on AOE attacks. EASY TO USE and WAY too effective. Hence OP.

Self morale pump tactics. Black orc (again) and the Chosen. Same goes. But yea SM have POUNCE morale. Cry me a river.

Pulls that doesnt trigger immunitys. (choppa)
Punts that doesnt trigger immunities. (zealot, and soon the black orc I sense.) Used together and you got the opponent side flying across the battlefield like ping-pong balls utter defenseless, until you realise your entire wb got steamrolled by easymode and OP comps that your realm cant match because of lacking tools.

Double AOE Corp debuff, an over all 700+ corp resist debuff. Black orc (again) and the Zealot. One is a tactic the other an ability so YES they stack.

AOE armor debuff, Zealot.

Everything simple to put to use and extremely effective. But no! Nerf the BW. Nerf the SW. Nerf Knights, IB's, mirror anything usefull from Order to Destro and give nothing back.

And dont get me started on the stealth nerfs that didnt make it to patch notes.

A quick ending concerning the tank morales. Im talking about the Knight No escape nerf. Nerfing the No escape damage while boosting the damage on e.g. a Black orc M3 morale is just wrong. Along with other destro morales.

Not to mention the Knight have 2 morale damaging abilities that is AOE. Raze, wich would be a 2h only ability so its outruled in WBs. Nerfing the only morale 3 damaging ability on the Knight by 300 damage while it remains a M3 ability is wrong in every sense. The damage would be lower than Raze wich is originally a M2 ability.

Its a hard nerf to Knights, while they dont exactly get anything back for it.
Last edited by Parallell86 on Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

anarchypark
Posts: 1333

Re: Tank Morale Overhaul Thread v2

Post#70 » Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:28 pm

BO
M4 - Yer Nothin' - Utility Tree
Proposed - Reduce user speed by 50%, deal 300 damage per second for 8 seconds and knockback players 3' within 20' while this is being channeled. Knockback does not trigger immunities.

IB
M2 - Skin of Iron
Proposed - 10s self buff, when attacked in melee disarm attacker for 5s

similar tank push tool.
but IB M2 have too much easy access.
activate - forget - doing other things.
being attacked or being hit, they're different.
being attacked trigger on avoidance too, being hit only on actual hit.
overlord set is only one having 'being attacked' ( i think )

suggestion : change disarm to stagger 6s
or reduce duration of disarm to 3s
or small punt like BO m4 but giving immunities.
or dmg shield
SM8, SW7, AM7, WL4, KoBS4, WP7, WH4, SL4
BG7, Sorc6, DoK7, WE7, Ch6, Magi7, Mara6, Ze6, BO4, SH4, Shm5
SC summary - viewtopic.php?f=8&t=20415
( last update : 2018.10.26)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest