Ads

RP DPS/Hybrid Playstyle Tweaks

For proposals that have been rejected.
Dreadspectre

RP DPS/Hybrid Playstyle Tweaks

Post#1 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:19 pm

Now the preface to this is that:

1. I am not a pro RP, my RP is not geared out to the gills
2. I am fully aware that healer DPS "specs" are not meant to be at real DPS levels, totally fine with me

That being said, trying to do DPS RP or Hybrid "heal through damaging" seems very difficult, more difficult than a Zealot attempting to do the same thing.

From what I can see, this is due to one main reason: Lack of Elemental debuffing on Order. Outside of KOTBS/SM no one seems to be able to debuff Ele Resist whichis 100% of RP damage abilities.

Zealots can spec into Demon Spittle debuffing both Corp(main damage source for them) AND Armor to boot. RP equivalent tactic slot only increases Cleaving/Battle effects by 50%, not really anything to get excited about.

Proposed changes:

Extended Battle Tactic- Rune of Cleaving now debuffs Ele Resists 250-300(whatever Zealot says at 40 for Corp). NO ARMOR DEBUFF THOUGH. Let Zealots keep that special. Added bonus, this makes RP more attractive to BW/KOTBS allies.
Rune of Battle 50% increase remains

-or-

Rune of Cleaving debuffs Ele Resists, Rune of Might has no CD. Obviously due to the nature of Rune of Battle it's mean to let RP's do something else while it works, this would let them spam more AoE pressure if they wanted to play that way. 40AP a pop is still pretty pricey though and wouldn't overly break them I don't think.

Rune of Battle Proposed Changes:
1 min cooldown on a 15 second mediocre DoT seems...odd. I know that because of how it works it lets the RP cast other things while the Zealot equivalent is a channel(but with a MUCH shorter CD) I don't think that really balances out.

I would like to see Rune of Battle go down to a 45 Sec CD from 1 min.

Efficient Runecarving(and Transference for Zealots) Proposed Changes:

Given that DPS skills are effected by resists, the 50% damage to healing is already somewhat lowend. I would like to propose an increase to 75% for both classes respective tactic. I think even at 75%, real heals will still be outpacing healing through damage quite handily to not tread on their toes. It would I think, make that playstyle a little more feasible, especially in conjunction with an easy to reach Ele debuff.

Thanks for reading, hopefully my ideas are not dumb trash haha.
Mrskullhead - DPS Zealot
Axeocalypse - 2H BO
Stayawhile - Magus
Pleasehammer Donthurtem - 2H WP
Fathermcgruder Arsekicker - RP
Poundtown - 2H IB

Ads
Penril

Re: RP DPS/Hybrid Playstyle Tweaks

Post#2 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:31 pm

Declining, OP doesn't have a rr40 RP.