Ads

[Black Orc] Arm Breaka

For proposals that have been rejected.
Nefarian78

[Black Orc] Arm Breaka

Post#1 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:01 am

Issues:

1 - -50 AP in 5s is not enough

Order simply has too many ways of managing their AP for Arm Breaka to be of any effect. Just on top of my head i can recall at least 12 tactics that either reduce AP prices of certain skills, increase AP regen or directly restore AP. Most of the Restore AP tactics even restore more AP instantly than the entire effect of Arm Breaka (WP's refreshing radiance, for example)

2 - Long CD

10s CD for a skill that deals really low damage, and takes 5s to only reduce 50 AP seems a bit too much for me. Even without a CD that skill probably wouldn't be used.

3 - You damage your AP more than theirs

Arm breaka doesn't drain AP, only removes them. 25AP for a skill that has basically 0 effect on the opposing faction damages you more than you damage them.

Solutions:

1 - Replace the AP removal with a 50% outgoing heals debuff. 2h Requirement

BO suffer from being completely one-sided in it's role as a 2H tank. It doesn't bring much at all to a group other than damage and Skull thumper, which is more damage. We do have Wot Armor?, which is an ok armor reduction, but it is outshined, for example by BG's Horrific Wound or Mara's Cutting Claw, and we also have a stat steal. Problem is SnB has access to both of them too, making it more attractive to use Offensive SnB builds over to 2h.

Even with such a one-sided kit, focused so much on damage, we aren't even the tank that brings the highest dmg as 2h. Our mirror, SM, Brings more damage than us. In addition of having more survivability, utility and a gap closer from M2. They also deal spirit damage, which is by far harder to resist compared to our physical damage.

Why the 2h requirement? BOs suffer from not having enough distinction between 2h builds and SnB, with SnB specs winning over 2h builds in every aspect.

2 - Damage on incoming direct healing. 2h requirement

If we have to be the 2h tank that basically brings only damage, we need a tool that distinguishes us. As far as i know there isn't any skill that does that. there's some skills that deal damage on OUTgoing healing, but none that does that on incoming

Why damage on incoming healing instead of outgoing healing? A tool that damages healers only, on a class that has no way of reaching said healers, in a game where healers are almost never the kill target unless in certain circumstances (like an entire-team morale dump, which is a risky move) is the perfect recipe to create a useless ability. It would need to do a ridicolous amount of damage to justify being that hard to apply, and making skills deal ridicolous damage isn't exactly my idea of balance.

2h requirement for the same reasons as explained above.
They done stole my character's names. Can't have **** in RoR.

Ads
Penril

Re: [Black Orc] Arm Breaka

Post#2 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:05 pm

Declining. Ailment outgoing heal-debuff so low in the tree seems too strong. Why would you need a BG then?

As for the second proposal, it might be discussed internally. Devs are not done with Brawler tree.