Recent Topics

Ads

[Ironbreaker] Furious Reprisal tactic rework

For proposals that have been rejected.
nocturnalguest

[Ironbreaker] Furious Reprisal tactic rework

Post#1 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:00 am

1. Identify the issue.
After running some exprimental spec's i suppose this tactic is underperforming.
IB lack some stuff to throw out for fitting into meta, the only thing it brings beside its own tankiness is OHD and after some testing i strongly feel that giving something more would benefit much.
And that "something more" should be CD increase.
Few more things (for reference) why buffing IB is ok:
1) IB's place in a meta is lackluster, class brings almost no benefit party wide and really shine only in duo/trio.
2) Furthermore i would say that class is top 1 for complexity and skill dependance leaving rest classes far behind from that point of view. That gap should be adressed somehow.
3) Class has very low tactics diversification and most tactics/specs are not widely used.

2. Explain why it's an issue.
Tactic is underperforming because:
1. Not on demand and can be applied only when Shield of Reprisal is active.
2. Cause Shield of Reprisal is 3 second KD this tactic mostly works as 2 second CD increase which is not useful and extremly low, puts no real pressure and practically useless. This debuff can be applied even if target is immune, but than its a waste of KD.
3. Trade off to pick it is high because to fit it in you make yourself squishier removing either Seasoned Veteran or armor tactic (if geared very well). For SnB Toughness and Shield Mastery tactic is kinda must (as taking Earthshatter, magic shield and maybe Punishing Knock) so almost no point going for FR tactic.
4. Tanking role force you or your guardie to stick together and applying it to backline only possible on push.
Few more things (for reference) why buffing IB is ok:
1) I think i can be short on this one, because it was discussed many many times and most agree that KotBS/SM way more desired in meta and IB lack utility for party.
2) Seeing a topic where Order at long last started to organize a proper composition to put up a fight for TUP/Phalanx prompted me to make this topic, because its absolutly right to not take any IB into WB (really no use).

3. Propose a viable solution to the problem.
Actually i see two things:
1) First and main one - rework this tactic to apply CD increase by Vengeful Strike instead of Shield of Reprisal.
2) If after discussion we will see that such buff is too much and would affect 2h spec making it imba i think another thing can be made:
Switch this tactic place with Oath of Vengeance making it more SnB stuff. Applied by Vengeful Strike.

Ads
Penril

Re: [Ironbreaker] Furious Reprisal tactic rework

Post#2 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:22 pm

Declining. Can't give a CD increaser to a spammable attack.