Recent Topics

Ads

[Choppa] Drop da basha

For proposals that have been rejected.
Panzerkasper

[Choppa] Drop da basha

Post#1 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:59 pm

Identify the Issue:

Drop da basha is a skill to counter tanks and parry heavy melees. The skill itself is good but in small scale pvp, where fast target switches are required the cooldown of this skill is way to long to make a good use of it. (I doubt changes on DDB will have a huge impact on warband size pvp)

Inevitable looking on the Slayer equivalent Numbing strike.
I would say to not buff it any further and the reason why is simply Rampage wich is included in both most common slayer specs. Personally i think a buff to only DDB would even out the discrepancies between these two classes a bit further, but lets discuss this if this proposal gets moved.

Solution 1:

The most obvious solution would be to reduce the cooldown. I'd say a 25 sec cd with a 10sec duration would be good enough wich would result in a 15sec downtime.

Solution 2:

Another option would be to buff the debuff instead of drastically reducing the cooldown. Change it to a 75-100% parry reduction, remove the block reduction component completly and change the cooldown to 40sec with a 10sec duration.

30/12/2018 RIP 2h Chosen

Ads
Penril

Re: [Choppa] Drop da basha

Post#2 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:01 pm

Still have to decline. Rampage has nothing to do with DDB/NS unless you are talking about 1v1 (and we don't care about 1v1). Rampage only makes YOUR attacks undefendable, while DDB/NS reduce your target's parry/block by 50% for 10 seconds, meaning EVERYONE has an easier time hitting that target.

The CD might seem too low if pugging, but it seems to be just fine if you have a coordinated group ready to focus that target.