[White Lion] Nature's Bond

For proposals that have been rejected.
Klesko

[White Lion] Nature's Bond

Post#1 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:30 pm

Identify the Issue:

Nature's Bond (Blessing)
Core Ability - Instant Cast - 30 Action Points - 150ft range - No Cooldown
Your War Lion regains 785 health over 15 seconds. (Value at level 40)

The skill gives very little return on investment, is practically the only tool to support our lion pets, is not in any way scalable with gear or mastery spec since it is a core ability (...I'm not entertaining any arguments advocating willpower talis for WL's) and it's role in the WL repertoire must adapt with the recent changes to the WL pets. Allow me to elaborate...

Why it's an Issue:

This ability heals for ~153 points of damage every 3 seconds when it doesn't critically heal. This ability (that healing value) served as a functional tool for keeping the pet alive through splash damage (AoE), dots and the like. Keep in mind that pets recently had better stats to survive too!

With the recent changes, the Lion pet has had its stats lowered, and now the pet will only go down if it is actually focused or otherwise targeted by the enemy. Splash damage no longer plays a role in the survival of a WL kitty, leaving this low-powered tool in a bad place. In other words, this ability no longer effectively fulfills its role, taking into account the pet stat reductions and the manner in which WL pets now survive or meet their demise (Death only by focus now). It can be argued that the ability was underwhelming even before recent WL pet changes, but that's a moot point at this juncture.

Propose a Solution:

Double the healing value (~306 points of healing every 3 seconds), the action point cost increased to 45, a CD placed on the ability of 60 seconds.

When one tweaks a class, one must look at all the ramifications, the ability of a WL to support their pet included. In its current state, Nature's Bond will struggle to fulfill the role it was intended to, based on recent changes to lion pets, and was arguably in need of number tweaking to begin with.

Note: I don't feel this proposed change would be game-breaking with the revamped Furious Mending tactic (not with my proposed CD, and the fact that the idea is to have a pet survive some harassment to begin with...), nor is it fair to assume that every WL is running a full guardian spec with Furious Mending, Stalker, et. al.

Thank you for your time and consideration.
Grimm - White Lion of the 44th season

Ads
Penril

Re: [White Lion] Nature's Bond

Post#2 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:56 pm

Declining. Since balance is discussed around group play, ask your healers to keep your pet alive. The skill is fine for soloing PvE quests.