Recent Topics

Ads

[Wrath] Proposal

For proposals that have been rejected.
peterthepan3

[Wrath] Proposal

Post#1 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:51 pm

The Wrath Warrior Priest

Opening remarks: this proposal has been made assuming competent play from both the player and the opposition, and pertains to group vs group encounters, where I believe the Wrath WP to be lacking. The significance of suggested changes in regards to solo encounters will not be considered.

As it stands now, the Wrath WP - even in BIS gear - does not really do enough damage to warrant taking him over any other DPS class: you have bad set customization when compared to other DPS, you have low strength, you have low damage values on your abilities, etc. The mobility issues it has (which I believe should be kept) exacerbate both this and the application of said damage, making the class incredibly frustrating to play when placed against competent opposition.

Yes, you can melee heal - but that is what Grace should be about. I have no doubt that some people will cite the hybrid nature of the WP as a counterargument to my proposal, but I would postulate that a semi-heal, semi-damage WP has been tried and tested, and skirts along the realm of being borderline OP. If a class can function as both a healer and a DPS simultaneously, then why bring any other heal or DPS? The hybrid heal/damage nature is only of any real use in solo encounters, where the melee WP can shine.

I am a believer that a Wrath WP ought to be able to forego his survivability/melee healing potential from Grace (via a tactic or purchasing of a skill) in his pursuit to inflict Sigmar's judgment upon all the nonbelievers - if he so wishes!. To put it bluntly; if you are investing heavily into Wrath in order to maximise your DPS, you must be willing to reduce your melee healing potential considerably, so as to avoid being OP.

This would be achievable via a tactic or an existing ability, so it wouldn't become mandatory for all melee WPs who, perhaps, want to play as a dps/melee heal hybrid. However, for those Wrath WPs who do want to deal a lot of damage and don't care what the costs are, this proposal pertains to you.

I am usually against flat damage buffs but, having been fortunate enough to play with the .ab ex Wrath WP (<3 Aza) and seeing how viable that was, I feel it would really work in this case - at the cost of significantly reduced healing/melee healing.

tldr; wrath is all about inflicting damage and debuffing your enemy, and the damage is somewhat lacking due to a plethora of issues. If I forego my melee healing potential, survivability, and have literally 0 gap closers/antisnare utility, then I better be hitting you hard with my bigass hammer when I actually do get to you!

Suggestions

I suggest giving the Wrath WP the ability to increase his Wrath-ability/AA damage by 30% - but at the cost of reducing all melee healing by 50-80%. I suggest tying this to either a tactic or an ability. I am unsure as to which one would be best, because as it stands now the Wrath WP is already tactic-starved: AA Haste, Fanaticism, Divine Fury are all mandatory, and so the last one is either Guilty Soul or Divine Justice. Given that many heal WPs use Divine Justice for extra groupwide damage, it would perhaps be unfair to make it reduce heals/melee heals.

Proposal 1: Absence of Faith

Now:

* Single-target heal debuff on a 10 second CD, 10 second duration
* Deals no damage and, thus, is a DPS loss.

Proposed:

* Absence of Faith is now a 'stance' of sorts, and functions similar to Zealot Harbinger/RP glowing hands, converting all willpower into strength and giving you a damage increase but melee heal nerf.
* Each single-target critical hit with a Wrath ability will reduce incoming heals by 50% on the target.
* Whilst using this stance, your melee heals (Divine Assault and Sigmar's Radiance) will become 50-80% less effective. In addition, your Wrath abilities & Auto Attacks will become 30% more powerful.

If one's faith is absent, one can find oneself falling to rage - or wrath - in one's pursuit to exact judgment upon one's enemies! Personal wellbeing plays second fiddle to the ultimate objective of the Wrath WP: to the rid the world of the heathen scum.

Making Absence of Faith a stance would mean that it can be shattered, so there is counterplay to that.

The only downsides I could think of are that some Grace WPs offspec into heal debuff. Perhaps tying the proposed variant of AoF into Guilty Soul, or Hammer of Sigmar, would help to alleviate this.

NOTE: ABSENCE OF FAITH IS ESSENTIALLY A PLACE HOLDER. IF YOU CAN THINK OF A BETTER ABILITY/TACTIC, LET ME KNOW.

Alternatively...make it only deal 30% more damage upon a successful crit: this would mean that anti-crit abilities (BG's ability that reduces crit, Choppa's) would see more use. The Wrath WP can only deal 30% more damage IF they crit, and AT THE EXPENSE of almost all of their heals - both casted AND melee heals. Have a BG or choppa nullifying the wrath priest's crit? No damage boost. Crit would become mandatory to spec in and so defensive stats would have to take a backseat.

Proposal 2: Sigmar's Wrath

* +25% damage increase overall
* -70% healing output (would therefore be useless for melee healers, and Wrath-only)
Converts all willpower into strength

This would basically become a toggled ability that is made available to all WPs. Would help with itemization issues (similar to what .ab ex did). Not much work would be required I'd imagine, given that it would function similar to Zealot/RP glowy hands ability, and just flat damage increase/heal and melee heal reduction.

This was suggested to me by Zintair, so thanks for that.

Summary

The reasoning behind both proposals is to keep to the theme of the Wrath WP: they are wholeheartedly devoted to delivering Sigmar's justice unto their enemies, and when they find a heretic/non-believer with an 'Absence of Faith' (so to speak), they become wholly involved in their role of obliterating their enemy, thus why their self-preservation skills become second to their ultimate goal - ridding the non-believer.

Having tested the class extensively, I believe that the damage increase would become offset by the melee healing nerf. If you're using Absence of Faith stance, your melee heals are almost non-existent, and your damage becomes much more potent. BUT - you still maintain your mobility issues, thus alleviating any concerns of an Absence of Faith-spec'd Wrath WP overperforming.

Even with 30% increased damage, the Wrath WP has to get to you first!. With good tanks/cc, you can keep a melee WP out of the fight for a huge amount of time. Also, 30% damage is great - but your melee heals will become almost useless. This is a fair trade-off for those of us who decide to use/activate this new ability, and would perhaps allow Wrath WP to perform the role of a slow, but incredibly hard hitter.

Ads
peterthepan3

Re: [Wrath] Proposal

Post#2 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:49 pm

Declining in light of recent changes/discussions.