Ads

[SM] eagle's flight

For proposals that have been rejected.
Tesq

[SM] eagle's flight

Post#1 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:35 pm

Problems:
1-As base avoidance tool is lackluster to use due
A-conditonal (problematic when on low ap even with stance change free ap skill, due low duration/spam nature)
B-very low duration per se require way too many GCD investiment

2-No other class base avoidance
A-wods require require 2h (and they do not stack), wods overwrite eagle flight so a 5 sec duration is not justified by their synergy; there is none.
B-crushing advance require shield and the value is pretty low plus is a 13pt skill on the mid mastery which require deep investiment and is more likely a kind of bad panic button (especially considering sm is absorb based as def meccanic which is nor expetional as def meccanic at all due flat values being bad when things get big)
C-perfect defense tactic, on top of requrie a tactic is not a lot reliable; BO have the same tactic and even with a better base (10% block) i hardly see that slot; usually tanks have more than once source of avoidance so even with that being slot the duration wills till be lacklsuter for what wrote in points A and B; the tactic require a slot so it's something in addition while WODS and crushign advance are instead things that are spec dependant but they dont tax you as hard as have to use a tactic slot. Imo the only base avoidance tool is eagle flight and is not working properly.

Summary:
it's lackluster because it's a base avoidance skill, with a very unfriendly duration due SM have to perform a lot of action/stance dancing; with none or few synergy with the other 2 SM skill.

Solution
Increase the duration to 7-10 sec->this should make the skill fit better in the rotations

discalimer:
wanna point out again that it DO NOT stack currently with WODS and since it completly overwrite it if WODS may have some issue per se this should not prevent eagle flight fix

edit:
Spoiler:
@ torque just to explain im not looking into a suppression clone, suppression is 15 sec duration and 10 of CD is made to be always up, eagle flight atm require way to many GCD to be up as said it dosent stack and get overwrite, i think the fact that it get overwrite make it questionable(not saying shold stack , simple you just increase the duration) increase the duration would not be op, i think it will just help also more s+b than 2h (cuz as said WODS overwrite this anyway); i see SM more based on avoidance than anything on def pattern since is all avoidance and absorb (and absorb dont performe well into em mass situation)Especially if you have to interrupt hold the line every 5 sec for it etc etc(especially every time you do not inclode it in 5 sec rotation for is gone; if is not done into the rotation you cant keeep up the eff this make it really unreliable) in reality in 2h is not worth to keep up when you get focus, you just go with wosd because wosd is better but channelin prevent you to keep it up( i know stance dance for free is possible every 4 sec but it's still better just blindly press WOSD to coutner interrupt than
try keep eagle flihjy up). this then also turn bad for s+b since you have unlike other tanks to interrupt your hold the line a lot(way too much just for that) and you probably have also crushing advance to use. A proper CD can be done or can be fix some how to be lesss tedious to use, i would prefer 10 duration i just also wrote 15 for discussion choices, i think even 7 sec would be better and fit better into meccanic: i will change the duration to make it more appealling, in case i dont convince you no problem
Last edited by Tesq on Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:45 am, edited 8 times in total.

Ads
Penril

Re: [SM] eagle's flight

Post#2 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:51 pm

I agree with Torque.

Declining.