Recent Topics

Ads

[Morale gains]

For proposals that have been rejected.
Bobbiom

[Morale gains]

Post#1 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:52 am

THE ISSUE

I like the idea that we will be able to pick and choose morale m4's without having to use mastery points for it but what is the purpose of having m4's when fights are over before you even get close to using them?
The morale gains in RoR are definitely way too low so that an essential part of the game feels suppressed and having 5min cooldown on all morales after using a m4 is way too harsh imo, maybe individual cooldowns on each morale tier would be better?
I remember the time when we had increased morale gains according to how many people who were in the immediate surrounding area and it felt like '' wow! so this is how the morale gains should be. '' when I was playing on my marauder at that time, in other words I actually reached m4 for once.
It really feels like trying to squeeze water out of a stone at the present moment, only time you see m4 is at a keep siege and even then it takes a long time.

I can understand the part with the mass aoe morale damage dump is an issue in this game.

I do find however that the defensive m4's is a part of the overall gameplay and I don't specifically mean Immaculate defense.
I believe that the morales are there to break the predictable outcome of a situation, for exampel Gift of life/1001 is used during a tricky situation and gives the party time to recover or withdraw from an outnumbered fight where they would otherwise have perished.
It is there to overcome the odds, so to speak, even though the opposition have access to the same abilitys.

SOLUTION 1

That is why my proposal is to give the underdog side increased morale gain up to a maximum of what it was at live when the underdog side is at 100% aao and above, gradually increasing morale gains from 20% aao up to 100% aao.
Zergers get to have strength in numbers while the underdog side will have strength in morale gain, something like taken from the movie 300.
Thus even out the unfair odds and people get to use m4's more often.

SOLUTION 2

If that is unaccaptable then perhaps having a returning event with live WAR morale gains just for the dynamic of refreshing the game a bit, to get that sweet taste of morale gains even for a brief moment.
It could be called '' Winds of Magic '', lore friendly and fit for roleplaying.

SOLUTION 3

If that is to be unaccaptable aswell then I propose that it would be healthy to have normal live WAR morale gains just temporary if you will and actually see in practice how the gameplay gets effected and not solely rely on biased memories, no offence intended.
Opening a feedback thread specifically for that purpose could be a good option.
After scrutinizing the feedback to possibly return live WAR morale gains, if deemed positive.

Thank you for your time reading this and considering it.

Ads