Recent Topics

Ads

[BW] Improving the Single Target capability.

For proposals that have been rejected.
Aurandilaz

Re: [BW] Improving the Single Target capability. [Close Date Apr 30]

Post#11 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:35 pm

As BW player, I'm fine with either proposal idea. DoTs are a joke against enemy healers with brains and cleanse and good players breaking LoS or stacking max DD, blergh class to play atm. Any help when it comes to actually dealing reliable dmg would be welcome.

regarding previous posts:
Spoiler:
But basically every magical caster class atm needs some buffs/adjustments so they can deal with the pants-on-head-stupid-too-damn-high disrupts that came after last October patch.
Taking a stationary light armor rdps into a 6man was already bad idea last year, and since then only became a even worse idea. (yes, you can probably still pwn some randoms with well timed bursts and timed punts at enemy guards)
IMO, they should just reverse the changes to defence calculations or adjust them considerably so that we don't need half a hundred different balance proposals to fix 3 BW trees, 3 Sorc trees, 3 Magus trees, 3 zealot trees, 3 rp trees, 2 AM trees and 2 shaman trees...
That's 19 different career path trees that have been hurt and would all need some tweaking, or the alternative could be to fix the common root of the issue, disrupts that hurt when you have long cast times and unreliable results compared to melee with 0 casts and reliable results (hit target backs).

Ads
Bozzax

Post#12 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:49 pm

Spoiler:
Is the big problem rly disrupts when it comes to grp play?

I always thought problem was bw/sorc being kited around in circles being weakest link plus grpd targets being properly clnsd.

Having stationary cast in rotation, delayed assist and setback on hit don’t work well with above.

100 strikethrough or not I doubt I see a bw/sorc group outside of roam.

E: casters wasn’t meta on live either with lower disrupts and wf/df strikethrough.
A reasonable RvR system that could make the majority happy http://imgur.com/HL6cgl7

Reesh

Post#13 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:22 pm

Bozzax wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:49 pm
Spoiler:
Is the big problem rly disrupts when it comes to grp play?

I always thought problem was bw/sorc being kited around in circles being weakest link plus grpd targets being properly clnsd.

Having stationary cast in rotation, delayed assist and setback on hit don’t work well with above.

100 strikethrough or not I doubt I see a bw/sorc group outside of roam.

E: casters wasn’t meta on live either with lower disrupts and wf/df strikethrough.
Currently disrupts are the source of class not being viable groupwise.
Although, when properly assisting they have proven before at being decent.

Yes, cleanses destroys the idea of bw/sorc, that's why I want to push the incineration tree to the right direction, so the dps wouldn't be just tied to a rotation of bb/wop, that is more then often negated.
Addition of consistent auto attacks could help a bit to close the gap, but that's definitely not the thing to discuss right now.

peterthepan3

Post#14 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 5:58 pm

Closing for now.

Can't change abilities from one tree to the other at this moment in time.