Recent Topics

Ads

swordmasters trees

For proposals that have been rejected.
Methryel

swordmasters trees

Post#1 » Wed May 02, 2018 9:19 am

Hello,fisrt my apologies for my bad English ,it's not my native language so i hope it will be clear enough.

I wanted to discuss about SM's trees , i think somes changes would make the trees more logicals.
There is my point of view about SM. I played it since 2009. I'm not the best player in the world , and don't want to play an OP class ,just have fun

I-Problems:
SM's trees are a big mess , some skills and enchantments are underperforming (Phantom's blades , BS , RF...) and sometimes (i think) in the wrong path (nature's blades is in the dps tree ,heaven's blade in the group's path)
This class lacks of synergy with other class so basically SM are usefull (added value) for the group for two things WW (P13 hoeth's tree) and nature's blades (khaine's blade enchantment)

II-Why it's an issue:
-The tank's tree (Vaul's tree) is almost a dead tree because you don't really get tough and not so usefull for you group.
-The dps 's tree (khaine's tree):you will make some dmg but you won't have much synergy with other real dps

III-propose viable solutions:
I think that it would be more logical to have:
1-An assist DPS tree
2-A tank tree
3-Hybrid tree

That's why ,i would make some changes:
- khaine's tree:
I would change nature's blade by heaven's blade (if it's possible ,i'm not sure but i think that Torque wrote that it was not possible to change a skill from its tree)
I think it would make more sense to have the resistances debuff in the dps tree and the debuff/buff stats in hoeth's path.
I would put phoenix's wings in core ability (and makes it physical dmg again) and blurring shock in P9 . And change BS by a debuff armor.
It would make some abilities/tactics more effective (physicals dmg) and make the SM a good dps assist (more synergy) with other real DPS.
If you think the SM would make too much dmg with that changes , we could make some change with great weapon mastery's tactic (example:+ 5% dmg and 10% parry rather than +10% dmg and +5 % parry)
The purpose is not to make more DMG with khaine's path , but to have more synergy with other real DPS. (example:debuff resist for BW and debuff armor for other dps)
-Vaul's tree:[/b]

It is the tank's way , i don't think many people play this path: because you're not really tanky and don't bring enough for the group.
I would just share the bubbles with the group like PoH for Phantom's blade and maybe Vaul's buffer (but making it not able to trigger more than once every 5 seconds rather than 3s) .
Besides ,i have tested redirected forces , not sure it's really usefull (i did very few dmg with it) : it could work for every attack defended (but maybe stop working when WoDS is active because i think it would be too OP). In that way , it could be usefull in 2H or a SnB (still better with SnB , because it could work with hold the line and deal some dmg back like WoDS) and with others spec.
The goal is to make the vaul's tree sexy again , and see more possible spec (khaine/Vaul , Hoeth/vaul ,Vaul/khaine , Vaul/hoeth)

-Hoeth's tree:
I think this tree is cool and balanced.

CONCLUSION:

It looks like it would make a lot of changes (and buffs) ,but in fact not that much because :
-Khaine's path : you'll gain (if you take it) an armor debuff but 1)you'll lose the best SM's tool group: nature's blade and 2) won't make AOE spirit dmg (PW).
The path would become a real DPS assist (debuff resists and debuff armor) , the goal is not to increase the SM's dmg (GWM tactic could be changed)
-Vaul's path would be more usefull for the group but it won't make the SM more tanky : 1) you'll give some bubbles to your group (it's cool but not THAT good , cf protection of Hoeth) , 2) redirected forces could be usefull with a 2H or SnB and with others spec.
-HOETH's path would get NB (and i think it would be enough).

What do you think about it? It's a discussion , disagreement isn't a bad word , it promotes the collective intelligence,and stimulating motivation.
Sorry again for my English and thanks a lot for reading

PS: You can send me PM if you want to give me advices (orthography or ideas) , i don't bite ^^
Multi EDIT for orthography
SM :Methryel

Ads
peterthepan3

Re: swordmasters trees

Post#2 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:51 pm

This is far too messy and vague to be taken as a balance proposal. Needs to be more specific/tailored towards X - as opposed to ABCDEFGHIKLMNOPQR.....