Recent Topics

Ads

SORC Frostbite ability

For proposals that have been rejected.
Godzip

SORC Frostbite ability

Post#1 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:08 am

Since i play Sorc i think the most useless ability is Frostbite and i think it could need a rework.

- Cant cast it while kiting
- is dismissed if a dot or DD abillity ticks through
- has 1 Sec casttime
- will probebly disruptet most of the time

I think this has to be reworked because for the most of the time a sorc cant use it effectivly in combat.
Its useless in group combat because every tank has a KD and melees has disarm too if parryed.
Most of the time i get attacked i never ever get the Disarm out, because im dead or nearly dead and need to take a potion first to survive the next incoming hits.

I think "Frostbite" can be a reworked. Maybe some kind of Knock Back or Knock Down, but then it has to be the same way as by the BW. Or make it an instant cast and take away the dmg of the abillity so that no one can abuse the instant DD abillity boost.
Give it an extra slow for the next 5 sec after cast... idk but something has to be done.

Sry for my bad english but thats something i wanted to share with the forum and maybe we get some ideas together to Fix this abillity!

Thank you!
Godzip WH :!:
Xdent RP :?:
Godzips BW :twisted:

<ELEMENTS>

Ads
peterthepan3

Re: SORC Frostbite ability

Post#2 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:53 pm

Frostbite is hardly any more susceptible to being disrupted than any other ability, so that doesn't hold.

Other classes have disarms that are on even longer casttimes: Magus Perils of the Warp is 2-seconds, as is the Engineer variant. Sorcerer is lucky in this respect. 1 second really isn't that long to wait, and won't have too negative an impact on your kiting.

I don't understand the 2nd point.

Given the ability is core, functions sufficiently and is on a 1-second casttime (which is significantly shorter than some other disarms, as mentioned above), I do not believe anything needs to be changed.

Declined.