Recent Topics

Ads

[KotBS] Ideas for Change.

For proposals that have been rejected.
BurbsToo
Banned

[KotBS] Ideas for Change.

Post#1 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 3:58 pm

Hi all, this is Dill. With the new balance system, I think it would be a good idea to gather kotbs ideas here, so when Dan and Jon get around to looking at knight, we'll have all our ideas all neat and tidy. Please provide information about your experience with knight. Tell me the types of fighting you do (soloing, pugging, duoing, 6mans, wbs), your level, what you feel is wrong with knight, and suggestions to help improve the class. Feel free to comment on other people's suggestions as long as it is done constructively. Also, please add one silly suggestion at the end for lolz.

I'll start:
82 knight. I play everything from soloing (well not since the encouraged aim change) to guild warbands.
Problems: 1.) Does the lowest dmg in the game, currently the only class that has only 1 available roll, being an Aura-bot.
2.) There is no reason to keep the last knight change. Encouraged aim was nerfed because Aza wanted to make all Aura's equally powerful so that it would require more situational awareness to decide which auras to be running. Right now, to play path of conquest is to mindlessly hit arcing swing every 10s, even if the target does not have high health. Before, I would use arcing swing when the situation called for it (groups of enemies with almost full health) and using arcing swing on a low-health player would be a waste of 55ap and a GCD.
3.) Is REALLY good at being an aura bot.
Is REALLY BORING to play as an aura bot.
4.) All the top tactics in trees are garbage.

Solutions: 1 and 3.) Give the knight an option to lose team-utility in exchange for some dps (I am not looking to be chinesehero. I just want to be able to actually provide some assist dmg again). Aza's idea was good, but obviously that's not going to be implemented now. But perhaps give the knight the option to run fewer (2) auras in exchange for crit%, strike-through, raw dmg multiplier, AA haste, or conversion to elemental dmg etc...
2.) Simply revert the changes. Bring back encouraged aim. It's simple and makes path of conquest worth running again. OR, make it so the + %chance to be crit is applied by both arcing swing and staggering impact (not stackable). This makes it so one has the option to spec high into conquest to make it near-encouraged aim usefulness. This eliminates the problem of mindlessly using arcing swing because better players will chose between arcing swing and staggering impact depending on the situation. This will also help reduce the number of knights that put a little into all 3 trees (which is a very common build and results in very little variety between knights). OR make arcing swing less dogshit. Arcing swing is not a full 360 (like it used to be if I remember correctly), and its range is only 25'. The differences in area between a 25' arc (270 degrees I think), and a 30' circle is huge. Not to mention that with NA lag, a running toon can very easily bug out of the 25' range.
3.) Again, make it so 2 auras is the norm, not 3. This should not be a straight nerf. Knights need to get something in return. OR make the team buffs 65' instead of 100'. At least then, the knight will have to be more aware of his/her teammates. OR maybe make aura's scale with distance so that the knight must be more aware of his/her teammates and vice versa.
4.) Use top tactics to gate "dps" builds. Mighty soul could change all abilities to elemental dmg*. It sounds good now, but it really isn't. Path of glory DPS takes way too long to stack and get going to make it worth while. Laurel's of Victory should make it so you deal 25% more dmg while vigilance is up. Knights do so little dmg that +25% for 10s is not that big of an increase. Also, vigilance is pretty much the SnB tree, so 2H will lose a lot to grab vig. The top conquest tactic, Efficient Swings doesn't need to exist at all. Knights already have so many ways of getting AP, and RoR's AP regen is easymode. Replace efficient swings with "Convergence" - Myramidia's fury will also increase chance to crit by 10% for every second MF is active, so the last tick of MF will have a +30% chance to crit. Or maybe something to with AA haste - Myramidia's Fury will also increase AA haste by 20% while MF is active. The effect will continue until the next auto attack following the end of MF.

Silly suggestion - Add the ability called 'Boot 'n Scoot'. The ability takes 3s to cast and can be used while moving. During those 3s, the knight does the /toast animation. After completion of the cast, the knight vomits and receives a 20% movement boost for 5s. Up to 3 enemies within 30ft of the bast radius will vomit by proxy, taking 1.5 seconds, during which they cannot move or use spells. The vomit chain can keep spreading affecting up to 9 people total. 1m cooldown.
The vomit colors should be random

Ads
Tesq

Re: [KotBS] Ideas for Change.

Post#2 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:33 pm

Kobs and bg aswell need some love on right mastery especially kobs, 13 pt glory skill need to be made aoe or anyway made a good contender, altought stag proposal wasn't moved into discussion ap cost is way to high, then you have the magiacal dmg thing which is not a thing at all, basically all the tactics exept encourage aim and all skill from glory path could use some swiffer....
The 13 pt on conquest block/parry debuff cd is too high it never get taken... 10 sec should do the job...
Regarding aza crit tactic change, is both a nerf and a buff cuz you are no longer forced to use str aura, i know in smallscale is likely to be mandatory pick but for rvr is really meta dependant, atm is more a melee meta on des so it make sense but for future? Have the choice is better. Regardless the aoe debuff that you currently apply dont fade like bg one (bug or not who know ) and require to be cleanse or is there permanently so now basically you can debuff more than 9 ppl which is a ok trade out.
Idk see really a reason to call that nerf , not currently anyway.