Recent Topics

Ads

Single-chapter item(s)-reward quest-chains

A place to help us on the wiki (corrections, pages to add...)
Forum rules
Before posting on this forum, be sure to read the Terms of Use
Dresden
Banned

Single-chapter item(s)-reward quest-chains

Post#1 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:35 pm

I apologise if this is the wrong place for this but i believe it to be pertinent.

In mind of the Epic Quests (MULTIPLE-chapter item(s)-reward quest-chains) section of the wiki i have a question:

- Should there be a section for SINGLE-chapter item(s)-reward quest-chains?

An example would be the Chaos C11 quest-chain for the 'Crimson Cloak' which is a cloak with 2 talisman slots, useful indeed.

A more prosaic example would be the Dark Elf C16 quest-chain that ends by giving you a selection of 4 items (2 cloaks and 2 jewelry's) to choose 1 from which is fairly common for Single-chapter item(s)-reward quest-chains.

I have no idea how to progress on this and i welcome any input/direction.
. -= Cult Of Chaos =- GUILD -= Cult Leader =- . -= Kagaz Wrathson - The Decioblidevannihilator - Black Orc =- .
. -= Dresden RoR Info - 4 pins and counting! =- . #WAAAGH ^_^ #AllSilenceIsGolden @_Q

Ads
Ceithin

Re: Single-chapter item(s)-reward quest-chains

Post#2 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:18 pm

I did most of the part for the Epic Quest Page, and i put the most usefull and ask ones.
In the same time, i am learning a new one by reading your post ^^
I can create a part in this page with "Alternative Usefull Quest Chain" !
Thanks for participate, its very interesting to have an over point of view :)

Dresden
Banned

Post#3 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:05 pm

Ceithin wrote:I did most of the part for the Epic Quest Page, and i put the most usefull and ask ones.
In the same time, i am learning a new one by reading your post ^^
I can create a part in this page with "Alternative Usefull Quest Chain" !
Thanks for participate, its very interesting to have an over point of view :)
Hmm... not to criticise but all the single-chapter item(s)-reward quest-chains are useful at the level you'd get them.

How would editors decide which ones are useful? all the items are equally useful by design, that 2-tali cloak is the ONLY stand-out one!

Also might i suggest a simpler descriptive name like "Single Chapter Item Quests" or just "Chapter Item Quests" for the section title?

Perhaps a nickname? multiple chapter item quests are 'Epic' Quests so single chapter item quests would be ??? Quests.

edit: I'm not sure we understand each other clearly on this.
Last edited by Dresden on Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
. -= Cult Of Chaos =- GUILD -= Cult Leader =- . -= Kagaz Wrathson - The Decioblidevannihilator - Black Orc =- .
. -= Dresden RoR Info - 4 pins and counting! =- . #WAAAGH ^_^ #AllSilenceIsGolden @_Q

Ceithin

Post#4 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:11 pm

i need some reflection about this, i didnt take this as a critic :)
we still have a lot of works so everyone who can help is welcome :)

Dresden
Banned

Post#5 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:07 am

Ceithin wrote:i need some reflection about this, i didnt take this as a critic :)
we still have a lot of works so everyone who can help is welcome :)
Amendment to my original notion:

How about a 'Special Item Quests' section or sub-section?

Specifically that 2-tali cloak but also things like trophy quests.

That should narrow down the choices and simplify everything, certain unique/powerful items could then be identified (and then evaluated by editors) under a simple context by anyone who would wish to do so.

Ceithin

Post#6 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:56 pm

do you remember the name of the quest at Dark Elf Chapter 16 ? i want to try it and got the ID . :)

Dresden
Banned

Post#7 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:36 pm

Ceithin wrote:do you remember the name of the quest at Dark Elf Chapter 16 ? i want to try it and got the ID . :)
No but the questgiver is definitely inside the big metal ring of the chapter camp.

There should be at least one item-reward quest-chain in every chapter i think or at least one in every zone.

I remember getting a 'Drakening Orc Ring' for my BO from chapter in either northwest Black Crag or southwest Thunder Mountain.