Recent Topics

Ads

Authentication failed

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
totalstupidity

Re: Authentication failed

Post#21 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:47 pm

Well thanks for trying. If I get past this problem I'll make sure to post it here.

Edit: Figured it out. I am using a bandwidth tracker to help me keep track of my internet usage so I don't go over my limit since I've been having to pay $200 a month for internet because I go over my limit a lot. In the settings of the program there is an option I have to activate if I want to track each program on my computers usage called Ignore Local Traffic Within the Lan, and when that option is activated I have the problem, but when I turned it off the game works like normal.
WE WILL BE LIVING GODS!

Ads
Alkobon

Post#22 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:17 pm

I have the same problem and I can not solve it

Racibor

Post#23 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 9:26 pm

Same thing, no clue how to fix this.
I play this morning and everything was ok...

FuatKoseoglu

Post#24 » Mon Apr 11, 2016 2:03 am

There are no solutions.

Disturbedend

Post#25 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:19 pm

I started having this problem after i turned on in game interface debugging trying to figure out why a MOD was not loading. I am wondering if UI debugging is still turned on for some reason and causing this..

BlackCaci

Post#26 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:06 pm

Hey there, Is there any solution for this error.
I played yesterday, but now I get the error, try to fix like 3 hour, but nothing changed ^^

vayperski

Post#27 » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:39 pm

Dunno if this is the common cause for everyone, but for me if Steam is running then I get the problems described above - log into the game fine, then get kicked out with "authentication failed" error. Even the logs are the same as the ones someone posted in this thread.

As long as Steam isn't running, the game works just fine.

Hope this helps other people.

Trug

Post#28 » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:11 pm

This seems to be tied to specific hardware/software. I've never run into this issue on my home built PC, but when I try to connect on my MSI laptop, I get this error almost every time. I've tried moving to a different drive, unchecked "read only" on the folder a million times, edited the security settings for the drive... Once in a very great while it will actually connect, but it seems to be completely random. All I can think is that there is something running on the laptop that is causing the issue, but I'm stumped as to what.

Ads
miles1242

Post#29 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:09 pm

Wow same. I have a custom home PC, works fine, but here on my MSI laptop it's a no-go

Mklbolli

Post#30 » Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:11 pm

Same here. I have the same error and it wont disappear. Cant even play 2 secs.
I really hope they will fix this so hard.
- Be yourself don't trust anyone -