Recent Topics

Ads

Appreciation for the team

Let's talk about... everything else
Elven
Former Staff

Appreciation for the team

Post#1 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:57 am

There's been a lot o stigma about the dev team and people been deciding to make posts about the negative aspect of it all.

Yet, it goes adhered the hard work and time spent that the team put into it. I know a lot of people on the forum do understand and appreciate the relevance of situation.

Yet, it does creep out, that people are unhappy. About how slow the project goes. How "rude" people are.

Let me remind you. No one is being paid for this project. Everyone in the team is devoting their spare time. Giving their life away, to resurrect the game.

Where people arrive expecting fully functional game, and they don't. No one mention the game was in that state. The fact SCs work and majority of order/destruction quest work (thanks to Max and Nalgol) is great progress...

Rather than a topic based on hate for the team. I want to add my appreciation for my fellow, dedicated team. I'm sure some of you will join me in a big thank you and "we do appreciate what you do" gratitude.

Elven

Ads
Sardaukar

Re: Appreciation for the team

Post#2 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:25 am

Absolutely. May I say that I am nothing but impressed with the work so far. It's a treat to play again in this world.

navis

Post#3 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:41 am

After such a long time of WAR being shut down I can understand some not knowing why/how hard this project could be (I don't really).
Anyways since the project went open source that is a huge good sign of things to come. I'm sure that perhaps these guys can hope to attract a few more capable code monkeys to help them make progress with "all the little things" because those little details are what end up causing the players frustration because of a ruined game experience.

HUGE PROPS TO THESE GUYS FOR DEDICATION TO THIS PROJECT. THESE GUYS ARE GOING TO BE LOSING SLEEP FOR A LONG TIME TO COME, I THINK.

Ganelon

Post#4 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:44 am

I think rudeness on both sides is pretty understandable.

One lot wants back to the old completed (relatively) game they used to play and doesn't understand it will take time to get there - and the dev team are probably at wits end trying to get things working and not understanding why some loud players aren't giving them reasonable time to do it.

For myself, I'm extremely impressed to see what's been done up to this point. It's far surpassed my expectations for something in such a short amount of time.
Whoever increased the quests on Order side from what they used to be on the Mythic version - very nicely done. Always felt a lack of PVE quests on both sides was evident.

Haven't done any PVP yet, but looking forward to it, and hoping the same branching out from the original design of Mythic is evident there as well.

The website looks exceptional (as posted elsewhere), and a lot of great community work being done by Elven and a few others in making people feel welcome here, answering questions, the launcher video, etc.

Great job by all, and can't wait to see things change more and develop further.

Moondogg

Post#5 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:18 am

I am just glad that this game can still exist due to the hard work of a few individuals! Everyone involved in this project deserve more credit than can be given. YOU GUYS ROCK!!!
ImageMoondogg Cavalier - Guild Leader, Eve of Darkness

Grobbok

Post#6 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:33 am

GREAT job, thx all Dev team for save WAR, we need u, u are our only hope. Please don't give up, if u have hard moments think about of all those smiling faces when they play their characters:]
You are heroes and certainly you will soon be legends for all WAR community!
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaagh
lider of Da fat squigs guild

Khorba

Post#7 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:19 am

can in handy for him to discard some sort of teeth on the server to be able to hire more people to work on the game and other fees to maintain server

scksc

Post#8 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:51 am

+1
I'm honest i didn't play it right now, but im really glad to know that Warhammer Online will come back. Additonally im really glad that a good programmer Team works on it, i can't imagine how much complicated work it is.

Really big thanks to the dev Team, who spend their free time on working on this.
I think you guys deserve - at least - a donation system.

Ads
Viruz

Post#9 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:37 am

1 - I totally agree with you!

2 - Lets hope they will ''Recruit'' A few more people for the Dev Team. That would defently speed up things.

3 - Yes, this might be something they do in their sparetime & for free... But you are forgetting that the faster they get this game up running = The faster they will make money on it. Yes it is F2P, but there will be so many more people playing it... So eventually they will get sponsors? They can make speciel Mounts,Char customized packs etc etc etc.... u know where i am going. They can get RICH on this project if they work for it :)

Fikatind

Post#10 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:40 am

I dont understand ppl who are saying such things, everybody knows in what stage this game is. Even if you read changelog you know what is working and what not.

Im really glad to see warhammer alive. THX Dev team you are DaBest.

Devs take your time and make this game working in 100% dont speed up things coz off rude ppl

Sorry for language :-)