Recent Topics

Ads

Reclaim Unused Names etc,

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
StormX2
Game Master

Reclaim Unused Names etc,

Post#1 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:20 pm

Hello, Not sure who best to bring this too, prefer to discuss via PM.

Old player from Live server is back in and starting up RoR, Noticed his name was already taken, but I did a quick search on the name, and find 2 variants that appear to not be in use (very low lvl/rvr) but I obviously cannot see if they are Legit Characters on Active Accounts etc.

If possible, I would like to discuss via PM if there is a possibility to check the account the Toon is on, see if it is an active account (this may very well be one of our old Clan Mates holding the name for him) and discuss the possibility of changing the names or whatever acceptable way of doing it may be.

Example, You find that the account the name is on is truly perma Banned, no activity for over a year etc. Change name to something random or delete completely, and then force a name change on my buddy's character / have him make a new one.

so if this is possible, let me know who to PM to discuss the specifics

Ads
Genisaurus
Former Staff

Re: Reclaim Unused Names etc,

Post#2 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:31 pm

The general policy is that we do not restore individual or specific names. There are a number of reasons for this, but the biggest one is that people are generally unoriginal and not that creative. At any given time, there are at least 10 players fighting over the name "Legolas," and since this is Warhammer, about 50 who think they're being just so clever naming their slayer some variation of "Gotrek."

Actually, I just checked, there are 21 characters matching the pattern of "%gotrek%", 17 of which are Slayers. There are 20 "%legolas%"-s, and sadly only 12 of them are Shadow Warriors.

WAR, at it's peak, had close to 1 million players. Someone stealing a name isn't always malicious, they just thought they were unique and got to it first.

However, I would not personally mind seeing a mass deletion of characters that have not been played in over a year, or which belong to permabanned accounts. As far as I'm concerned they abandoned this game, and we're not beholden to them in any way. Not my call though.

StormX2
Game Master

Post#3 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:38 pm

Genisaurus wrote:The general policy is that we do not restore individual or specific names. There are a number of reasons for this, but the biggest one is that people are generally unoriginal and not that creative. At any given time, there are at least 10 players fighting over the name "Legolas," and since this is Warhammer, about 50 who think they're being just so clever naming their slayer some variation of "Gotrek."

Actually, I just checked, there are 21 characters matching the pattern of "%gotrek%", 17 of which are Slayers. There are 20 "%legolas%"-s, and sadly only 12 of them are Shadow Warriors.

WAR, at it's peak, had close to 1 million players. Someone stealing a name isn't always malicious, they just thought they were unique and got to it first.

However, I would not personally mind seeing a deletion of characters that have not been played in over a year, or which belong to permabanned accounts. As far as I'm concerned they abandoned this game, and we're not beholden to them in any way. Not my call though.
hahahahaha Drizzt, Legolas, Raistlin :roll:

Now the one he used on live, fit really well because he was a Gobbo. the name doesn't fit so well for a Warrior Priest. But I am fairly certain these accounts are unused or likely one of our old clan members.

I completely understand the want/need to make this a rule across the board, but if I were to attempt to bring this further, who would I direct this to?

Penril

Post#4 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:04 pm

Genisaurus wrote:
However, I would not personally mind seeing a mass deletion of characters that have not been played in over a year, or which belong to permabanned accounts. As far as I'm concerned they abandoned this game, and we're not beholden to them in any way. Not my call though.
I would completely agree with this. Being an Alpha and all that, there is no reason to save names for people who haven't logged in over a year (and therefore haven't tested anything/given any feedback/reported any bugs in a year; maybe never). Besides, the level cap one year ago was, what, 10? 12 at most.

StormX2
Game Master

Post#5 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:10 pm

1 year ago? I remember lvl 10 or 9, and then 11.
I just remember a time where we spent hours farming a single lvl 12 Mob for top lvl gear drops.

On Destro there was ONE!!!! ONE freaking mob that was lvl 12...

sow hos the guy for me to ask this to then? It will make more sense once he hears the names involved.

Genisaurus
Former Staff

Post#6 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:17 pm

StormX2 wrote:1 year ago? I remember lvl 10 or 9, and then 11.
I just remember a time where we spent hours farming a single lvl 12 Mob for top lvl gear drops.

sow hos the guy for me to ask this to then? It will make more sense once he hears the names involved.
Eh, you could try asking Aza or Sigmar, but I doubt the answer will be any different.

StormX2
Game Master

Post#7 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:23 pm

Genisaurus wrote:
StormX2 wrote:1 year ago? I remember lvl 10 or 9, and then 11.

Eh, you could try asking Aza or Sigmar, but I doubt the answer will be any different.
Arigato, I will attempt to do so later then, appreciated of course.

I came into this with 0 expectations so what could go wrong ;p

Dabbart

Post#8 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:46 pm

StormX2 wrote: what could go wrong ;p
Wait for it....

Wait for it....
Azarael wrote: It's only a nerf if you're bad.

(see, I can shitpost too!)
Secrets wrote: Kindly adjust your attitude to actually help the community and do not impose your will on it. You aren't as powerful as you think.

Ads
szejoza

Post#9 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:50 pm

I would opt against it, people could easily say that they are someone who already played here :p
Spoiler:

StormX2
Game Master

Post#10 » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:57 pm

szejoza wrote:I would opt against it, people could easily say that they are someone who already played here :p
Im more or less specifically looking towards accounts that are inactive for a year + .

MANY people who have accounts have not played or helped test in a loooooong time.