Recent Topics

Ads

Reclaim Unused Names etc,

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
StormX2
Game Master

Re: Reclaim Unused Names etc,

Post#21 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:55 pm

CaseyJones wrote:I'd be happy to see this done. Judging by armory stats a lot of names were taken to create chars in T1 back when it was the only tier available. Apparently most of these were abandoned even before hitting the rank cap
I am pretty sure many of them are old players holding the names for other players for when they come back. I have at least 2 cases of this where the user started, held some named, but then quit the game because. 1 of them we still have contact with externally so if that magic person comes back tot he game, her Name will be available for her.

But the other guy I don't think we will ever be able to get in contact with, and now not sure who's names he was holding onto.

Ads
magicthighs
Former Staff

Post#22 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:29 pm

StormX2 wrote:Well, a week later, no response from Aza, so Im going to assume that this is NOT a possibility.

Thanks for all the replies ;p
It is still a possibility, and a likely one at that.

StormX2
Game Master

Post#23 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:35 pm

magicthighs wrote:
StormX2 wrote:Well, a week later, no response from Aza, so Im going to assume that this is NOT a possibility.

Thanks for all the replies ;p
It is still a possibility, and a likely one at that.
help us O'magicthighs Kenobe, your our only hope

Grimmrog

Post#24 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:18 pm

Will there be char wipes again in the game?

StormX2
Game Master

Post#25 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:00 pm

Grimmrog wrote:Will there be char wipes again in the game?
like a full wipe? all toons deleted??

theres MANY threads that ask this, and many many time the "Official" answer from the Dev's/Mods is that they see no immediate reason to do so, and that most "reasons" to do so, could be completed without "Deleting" characters.

But that the option isn't exactly ruled out, unless they flat out find that it must be done and there is no better option.

Grimmrog

Post#26 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:08 pm

Ok, thanks so there is no plans to wipe unless something urgent would demand it.

StormX2
Game Master

Post#27 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:11 pm

Grimmrog wrote:Ok, thanks so there is no plans to wipe unless something urgent would demand it.
so far from what ive heard, yes. But nothing is guaranteed here.

Luth

Post#28 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:14 pm

Genisaurus wrote:The general policy is that we do not restore individual or specific names. There are a number of reasons for this, but the biggest one is that people are generally unoriginal and not that creative. At any given time, there are at least 10 players fighting over the name "Legolas," and since this is Warhammer, about 50 who think they're being just so clever naming their slayer some variation of "Gotrek."

Actually, I just checked, there are 21 characters matching the pattern of "%gotrek%", 17 of which are Slayers. There are 20 "%legolas%"-s, and sadly only 12 of them are Shadow Warriors.
xXdarthmaulXx (WL) :mrgreen:

Ads
freshour
Banned

Post#29 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:18 pm

I just want to use Dom again... and not have to use Dawm.... I've been Dom in games for YEARS, so weird it has never been taken until now.

StormX2
Game Master

Post#30 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:25 pm

yah when i logged in for the first time here, i made a huge grab for all teh names i could remember using lol