Recent Topics

Ads

Reclaim Unused Names etc,

Problems installing or downloading the game? Check the Install Guide first.
Forum rules
READ THE INSTALL GUIDE BEFORE YOU POST IN THIS SUBFORUM.

The stickies exist to handle common queries. Save our time and yours by reading them first.

Thank you.
boog

Re: Reclaim Unused Names etc,

Post#41 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:05 pm

If someone won't play RoR because they can't have their WAR name it would seem they weren't a fan of the game but a fan of their "creative" name or their "legacy". Just make a new one, unless your only sense of value or enjoyment you thought you got from this game was from a name.

It doesn't matter if someone is actively using the name of not just move on.
CHSN Wafulz | KBOB Wafuls | IB Waffulz | BG Waffelz | BO Waaaghfulz | SM Waffels

Ads
StormX2
Game Master

Post#42 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:14 pm

i do love the use of "STOLE" as if you owned that name lol

boog

Post#43 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:34 pm

Yeah I never understood that argument. I understand joking about it but people get legitimately salty about it.
CHSN Wafulz | KBOB Wafuls | IB Waffulz | BG Waffelz | BO Waaaghfulz | SM Waffels

Minerva

Post#44 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:24 pm

boog wrote:Yeah I never understood that argument. I understand joking about it but people get legitimately salty about it.
I would never use the word "stole" but I get how people can get salty about someone taking their fav name and not even playing. I don't mind when I search up a name I want to take and see an active toon. But those level 2... my heart breaks.

Also:
Azarael wrote:We will not free names. Please stop asking.
So I guess Dreams = RiP :P
"Behind every successful Man there is a Woman
Healing his a** from the backlines." - Paulo Coelho

Minevra AM -- Minervae RP -- Minervas WL
Some Secret Destro Toons
Tyriss WH -- rr90 -- Karak-Norn RIP

StormX2
Game Master

Post#45 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:44 pm

I dunno Minerva, ive heard differently. but Maybe Aza means, No One off's. as in no one is personally going to do this for anyone.

Penril

Post#46 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:57 pm

I just want my SM to swap names with my SW :P

Grimmrog

Post#47 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:11 pm

boog wrote:If someone won't play RoR because they can't have their WAR name it would seem they weren't a fan of the game but a fan of their "creative" name or their "legacy". Just make a new one, unless your only sense of value or enjoyment you thought you got from this game was from a name.

"fan of a game"? For some Warhammer players there was more than "just a game" For many their characters and the warhammer world have deeper connections. Past just what WAR is. But you probably won't understand that anways, since Rolpleay is also something that seemed to have died off a long time ago. The Name together with the connection is what for some made the Adventure, what motivated and drove their doings (and not just gaming for gaming and grabbing loot). And then you can't just play anything else without that what for some is the soul and heart of their ingame character manifestion in the Warhammer world of WAR.

Some people don't follow the meta, the flavour of the month or whatever some people play a game as games aka RPG's were intended to be played. Most people just use some toons

And yes thats the moment where we move on instad of just gaming a game that lacks our personal soul.

StormX2
Game Master

Post#48 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:16 pm

Grimmrog wrote:
boog wrote:If someone won't play RoR because they can't have their WAR name it would seem they weren't a fan of the game but a fan of their "creative" name or their "legacy". Just make a new one, unless your only sense of value or enjoyment you thought you got from this game was from a name.

"fan of a game"? For some Warhammer players there was more than "just a game" For many their characters and the warhammer world have deeper connections. Past just what WAR is. But you probably won't understand that anways, since Rolpleay is also something that seemed to have died off a long time ago. The Name together with the connection is what for some made the Adventure, what motivated and drove their doings (and not just gaming for gaming and grabbing loot). And then you can't just play anything else without that what for some is the soul and heart of their ingame character manifestion in the Warhammer world of WAR.

Some people don't follow the meta, the flavour of the month or whatever some people play a game as games aka RPG's were intended to be played. Most people just use some toons

And yes thats the moment where we move on instad of just gaming a game that lacks our personal soul.

well no worries then right? you want to play, but only with the right name. I recommend making a name very similar, or maybe wait ans see if they do a wipe of inactive / banned accounts.

GL eitherway, but I dont think you should drop this game just because of the name being unavailable.

Ads
Grimmrog

Post#49 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:31 am

StormX2 wrote:
Grimmrog wrote:

well no worries then right? you want to play, but only with the right name. I recommend making a name very similar, or maybe wait ans see if they do a wipe of inactive / banned accounts.

GL eitherway, but I dont think you should drop this game just because of the name being unavailable.
No, no worries, also I will surely not try to steal someone others name if he already has it (even if just a filthy greenskin).

But when the RoR project runs fine an is done, with some luck a second server may be required and I could probably get the name there.

Nidwin

Post#50 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:45 am

I would like to be able to rename my WP, somewhere in the future, as I made a horrible typo at creation. I can always create a new WP with the right name of course but as my playing time is quite limited those days ...

The horor for me having to play a WP named Midwinpp while it should have been Nidwinpp, it's like if that terribad WH would have made a typo too and named his toon PKlees or Zklees or worse Ohklees,
Nidwinqq used teabag Magus [Hysteria]