Recent Topics

Ads

PUG Scenario Rage

Let's talk about... everything else
wulfgard07

PUG Scenario Rage

Post#1 » Mon May 02, 2016 2:52 pm

So the other day I was in a Scenario.

We were winning and had the other team pushed back. You know, one of those "Hold Dis" Scenarios where you get points by lighting up real bright. At this point, a rather informative individual declared to the team that he/she deserved all the heals, and further explained how the team should all learn to play better, more like him/her. This individual went on to state that he/she would finalize participation in the bloody melee in protest of our lack of proper skill and training in our specific racial/class/career path choices.

So here is my point, complete with final questions.

If you are suffering from Scenario PUG Rage, I can only assume that the time you spent furiously typing on your keypad while not attacking the enemy/holding a capture point/healing, is of such great importance that I should listen to every word, as you are clearly, as you have stated, the best player on the team.

With that in mind, I find myself perplexed. I must admit, I only ever PUG, well anything. Can anyone that has ever suffered with such incompetent teammates as I in a Scenario please tell me where I can get the proper hands on training to master my skill set, so that I can become more like you? At this time, the only place I have found is the Scenario queue, where I can play and learn from experience over time.

One final Question. Because you have played to maximum EXP/RR every single class/race/mastery path through the grueling onslaught of never ending battling, through multiple tiers, and know everything that there is to possibly know about what I am supposed to be doing, would you be willing to /duel me for hours on end and teach me these things? After this, we could queue Scenarios together and I could follow you around and watch how you play, and you could be right there to guide me as to what exactly I should no next.

I just want to do better at Scenarios. Not everyone is fortunate enough to have had you single-handedly carry our team as was such last time. I publicly thank you, brave soul.

Oy yeah, and WAAAGH!

Ads
Noergl

Re: PUG Scenario Rage

Post#2 » Mon May 02, 2016 2:58 pm

Wulfgard, this is a very good post and i think it should be a must read in times of waiting for scens to open. Good job!
Lorekeeper Noergl Morgrimsfind & Sgt.Maj.Finvjer Hugnirsson
(Co-leader of 3rd Bitterstone Thunderers)

Telen
Suspended

Post#3 » Mon May 02, 2016 3:10 pm

The random skill levels and unpredictability of pugging is what makes it fun. Thats what I play for. If I wanted everyone the same on the same classes and specs all doing the same op tactics I'd have been bored years ago. War doesnt have mirrors and has alt specs for most classes. Thats whats kept it interesting. Every pug 2h tank, dps zealot, melee herder, aoedotmagus. You make the game. Play how you want. Have fun. Never conform.

freshour
Banned

Post#4 » Mon May 02, 2016 3:15 pm

Yeah I agree!!!! I love running into premades when I have a premade, but honestly 500 to 0 gets old for me really quickly. Order has loads of premades especially since most of the destro ones swapped and they just 500 to 0 and spawn camp and think they are amazing.

But PUG matches with off specs and finding a way to win have always been really fun for me. Like that moment a tank after 500 hours of play finally guards someone, magic happens man!!!!!! it is totally epic.. IDK pugging is just a lot of fun. If you have 6 people together, with coms and assisting, you will win 100% of your matches against pugs 500 to 0 lol, I can't stand that "illusion of skill" so don't worry there are many in your boat that love to pug q

peterthepan3

Post#5 » Mon May 02, 2016 3:17 pm

...how are people still permitted to spread factitious claims concerning premades, i.e. that they are all only in it to pug farm?

adei

Post#6 » Mon May 02, 2016 3:23 pm

peterthepan3 wrote:...how are people still permitted to spread factitious claims concerning premades, i.e. that they are all only in it to pug farm?
For the same reason people associate ORvR with only bomb zerging, its all subject to experiences within the game.

DirkDaring

Post#7 » Mon May 02, 2016 3:34 pm

Here ya go . while not the only way to do SC, it is a good starting point .

. http://www.returnofreckoning.com/forum/ ... =8&t=11632

Penril

Post#8 » Mon May 02, 2016 3:38 pm

wulfgard07 wrote:
If you are suffering from Scenario PUG Rage, I can only assume that the time you spent furiously typing on your keypad while not attacking the enemy/holding a capture point/healing, is of such great importance that I should listen to every word, as you are clearly, as you have stated, the best player on the team.
I don't rage when pugging... unless i am healing. Last night we had a SC with 2 tanks; one was guarding a Magus and the other wasn't guarding at all. In the meantime, a WE and Mara were trying to push the enemy backline but kept dying (i tried my best to keep them alive but it was really hard). I asked the tanks to do their jobs but they didn't even reply, so i stopped healing them and went AFK.

I also had a GoE where i was the only healer. We managed to win mid-flag and then our team decided to push order all the way to their spawn. Yup, they were trying to spawn-camp with only me on heals. I was like "**** that, im retreating to mid flag". Some listened and pulled back. Some didnt, and died horrible deaths.

Ads
DefinitelyNotWingz

Post#9 » Mon May 02, 2016 3:42 pm

Nothing wrong with pugging.
Just keep in mind: the moment you join sc-queue solo, you lost every right to complain about your future teammates.
You want pug you get pug. ;) It is fun from time to time though. :)
You know who I am.

drmordread
Suspended

Post#10 » Mon May 02, 2016 3:45 pm

PUGs.... I LOVE EM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Morrdread Ladydread Kickyerbutt Tamorrah Whisperrss SutSut Amniell
Lolyou Tahw Fortuna Sarissa Yiorrrgos
(and eight more to keep you guessing)