Recent Topics

Ads

DOK + WP .ab ex tips, tricks and FAQ

Let's talk about... everything else
blaqwar

Re: DOK + WP .ab ex tips, tricks and FAQ

Post#21 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:55 pm

My guide/simple patch notes are now fully updated for the 19/11 patch.

Ads
Vdova

Post#22 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:40 pm

I would like to see new tips and tricks from Ade, because his last guide is outdated since last few nerfs.
Vdova - Witch elf princess of suffer and despair

adei

Post#23 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 7:00 pm

Vdova wrote:I would like to see new tips and tricks from Ade, because his last guide is outdated since last few nerfs.
I am still waiting on extra changes before I do a write up again, at this stage its changing day by day, and its been hard to find a build that works like it used to for hybrid, currently testing/feedback.

Vdova

Post#24 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 8:55 pm

adei wrote:
Vdova wrote:I would like to see new tips and tricks from Ade, because his last guide is outdated since last few nerfs.
I am still waiting on extra changes before I do a write up again, at this stage its changing day by day, and its been hard to find a build that works like it used to for hybrid, currently testing/feedback.
Ah ok thx, I was using vitality and getting used to it before last patch nerf it again so today I was struggling with vitality and after few flustrating scenarios and PVE farming(wasnt lvl 40 yet) I decide switch to celerity which (for now) works for me somehow.
Vdova - Witch elf princess of suffer and despair

Akalukz

Post#25 » Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:48 pm

blaqwar wrote:My guide/simple patch notes are now fully updated for the 19/11 patch.

sweet write up
-= Agony =-

Gobtar

Post#26 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:48 pm

sotora wrote:
Gobtar wrote:Celerity/Righteousness drain on resource will only occur while in combat, out of combat your resource will recharge normally.
Before you get our of combat - it takes around 15-20(?) seconds to do so once last hit is made/landed. In Scenarios and also many RVR situations you won't get out of combat at all or long enough for you to regen, so you start next engagement with 0 / very low number.
For maximum visibility please leave feedback in change log, that is where Az is expecting them...that being said 19/11/2016 changes has addressed this issue.
-General Changes aspect of post is up to date as of 19/11/2016 Changelog (including Reverts) -(posted 21/11/2016)

Sigimund

Post#27 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:29 pm

sotora wrote:
Gobtar wrote:Celerity/Righteousness drain on resource will only occur while in combat, out of combat your resource will recharge normally.
Before you get our of combat - it takes around 15-20(?) seconds to do so once last hit is made/landed. In Scenarios and also many RVR situations you won't get out of combat at all or long enough for you to regen, so you start next engagement with 0 / very low number.
You could try Supplication in this situation.

Gobtar

Post#28 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:16 pm

Kalell wrote:Since its a tips, tricks and FAQ thread, a question from the other side:
What hinders/ annoys a mele-healing WP/DoK?

Other healers have quite some problems with multiple enemies, since they have no aoe detaunt (or no reliable up-time), which is exactly the strength of WPs/ DoKs.
And direct healing is affected by outgoing and incoming heal-debuffs. A mele-healer can switch to more transfer/ lifetap healing to mitigate this.
Even running away, so they can't hit me, seems useless. They seem to heal the same amount, no matter who they are hitting. (And tanks usually don't run away from a healer, and can't detaunt)
And lastly CC, basically just knockdown, and burst. But this seems to be by far harder on a WP/ DoK than any other healer.

Basically: How can I stop you?
If a WP/Dok is forced into a heal-stance, they are locked out of DPS for the next 5 minutes.

As a team fighting a melee healing Dok/WP takes a similar level of commitment that is necessary for other healers.
+Cooldown increasers
+timed interrupts on Rend or Divine assault
+KDs are essential for dealing the killing blow.

Where other healers are affected by heal-debuff, Challange and Ya Missed me is akin to a heal-debuff, as are abilities that lower the amount of damage the dok can deal (Distracting Bellow, Immaculate Defence). Tank may need to punt the guarding tank. You may be noticing a common theme here. Where DPS hold the heal debuffs to deal with back line healers, tanks are incredibly effective at dealing with life tap healers.

Where DPS are concerned 100% parry and interrupts if you have them will help as well.

High burst damage and Coordinated assisting are your friends, blowing immunities and attempting to solo will not help you or your team.

Ads
sotora

Post#29 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:39 pm

Sigimund wrote:
sotora wrote:
You could try Supplication in this situation.
Supplication roots you in place and restore less points with drainage. While I always use it when I can between fighting engagements often you just dont have this seconds to do so before next engagement. Anyway situation was improved with changes to drainage in patch that occured on 19.11.

Azarael

Post#30 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 12:23 am

I need to issue a correction:

It says that Transfer Essence and Sigmar's Radiance in Devotion and Vitality heal for 500% of the damage dealt and mitigated. This is wrong and is my error. They actually heal for 250% of the damage dealt and mitigated.