Recent Topics

Ads

[Implemented] Resurrect: Get'n Smarter

These proposals have passed an internal review and are implemented in some way on the server. Review for specific implementation details.
TenTonHammer

Re: Resurrect: Get'n Smarter

Post#71 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:15 pm

Shaman and magus dont synergize well in a 1-3-2 really considring the fact that one is a mobile kiter and the other is more or less a stationary turrent even then like peter pointed out mag dosnt need shammy for ele debuff

Ads
Thayli

Post#72 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:25 pm

Telen wrote: With the shaman already providing the best toughness debuff and a 100% uptime aoe ele debuff along with the buff to magus which is unable to debuff its main burst and aoe which is ele. Shaman already provided big damage increases from all sources and particularly from the new magus.
- Nobody is using those debuffs, they do not make it on rotation for healers because they are crap and not worth spending a GCD and AP on.
- AP drain is never used besides 1v1 situations.
- Nobody is creating groups around Magus and Shaman "synergy".

I am only seeing you post in this thread by involving non-stop X vs Y conjecture in places where it doesn't matter. We are not even talking about AP drain or debuffs, we are talking about whether it's worth it to add this ability to Shaman again or not. You are making this thread incredibly convoluted for what I assume no other reason than being salty the mirror is not being discussed?
Thayli - SH
Thlayli - SQ

[Phalanx]

Telen
Suspended

Post#73 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 4:44 pm

TenTonHammer wrote:Shaman and magus dont synergize well in a 1-3-2 really considring the fact that one is a mobile kiter and the other is more or less a stationary turrent even then like peter pointed out mag dosnt need shammy for ele debuff
Thats why I specifically mentioned IB their best hitting dot. The deamon being single target debuff while shamans being aoe.
Im not talking about 1-3-2 im talking about orvr which is what this game is. Thats why Id prefer to see the two debuffs reworked to give the trees these abilities come from worked to have more of a function as a debuffer than as another selfish dot.
I just see this being another push down the route of solo ganking class which is what this class and its mirror suffer from.

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#74 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:01 pm

Hm think its a thread about getn smarter? And sry a dps shammy can be many Things but nerver a mobile kiter
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

bloodi
Suspended

Post#75 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:18 pm

Two things.

Can we get the actual values of Get'n Smarter? I can theorize a little from Torque screen but even if that gives the rank scaling, it doesnt give the int one, i think its just equal to Life Leaka (i am assuming Torque shammie has base int and no gear or rr points that give int) which would it make do around 1550 damage over 15 secs? on around 800 int (you currently can get a bit more but thats the usual ballpark for a dps shammie)

For comparison, Am 3rd dot, radiant gaze is 1100 over 9 cost 10 extra ap but debuffs crit by 5%.

And secondly, i assume that Yer a weakling will be removed and thus, will never get a rework? I like the debuffing aspect and would be sad to see it go, is a bit worthless at the moment but would much rather see it getting some love than outright removal of it.

Daknallbomb
Game Artist

Post#76 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:57 pm

I'm not interested in what they were intended to be - I'm interested in what will help them as they are now. With the experimental mode, both classes satisfy my playstyle intent just fine. Any design considerations smaller than that are of no interest.[/quote] hm If u are interested what a dps shammy need i can give u some Things If u want. I play lange time dps shammy and think iam a good one. But i Cant say about how it impact other builds. If u wanna Hear something let me know
Tinkabell 40/41 Magus Whaagit 40/41 SH Whaagot 40/54 BO Daknallfrosch 40/72shammy

catholicism198

Post#77 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:06 pm

Telen wrote:Spam
I am not going to bother going into the history of Morales to debunk your theory of them because it'll just end up falling on deaf ears.
You simply refuse to look at any of this objectively.

Here, answer these questions for me:

If the Shaman's "third" dot was supposed to be "Gork Sez Stop," then why did "Yer A Weaklin' " have a dot for the majority of it's existence?

If the Shaman's "third" dot was supposed to be "Gork Sez Stop," then why was "Get'n Smarter" given a dot, in the same game update that the damaging component of "Yer A Weaklin' " was buffed?

If the Shaman's "third" dot was supposed to be "Gork Sez Stop," then why does "Gork Sez Stop" only last two seconds?

The majority of the careers in this game can solo 'gank' if they are geared correctly and choose the right targets- but not all careers or play-styles are welcomed in groups.
Heck, it wasn't until recently that groups started accepting healing Shamans for scenario and roaming groups.

*someone already debunked your whole Magus and Shaman 'synergy' nonsense- just have to add: No Shaman should ever be in range to effectively apply "Scuse Me!"'s debuff.
bloodi wrote: And secondly, i assume that Yer a weakling will be removed and thus, will never get a rework? I like the debuffing aspect and would be sad to see it go, is a bit worthless at the moment but would much rather see it getting some love than outright removal of it.
This is a thread about the Shaman- and yes, Yer a Weaklin' would be removed to make room for Get'n Smarter as there would end up being some overlap.
However, an intelligence buff/debuff is far more useful for the Shaman than a general AE debuff because it would help with their low damage output and reduces the chance of their abilities getting disrupted.

bloodi
Suspended

Post#78 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:16 pm

catholicism198 wrote:This is a thread about the Shaman- and yes, Yer a Weaklin' would be removed to make room for Get'n Smarter as there would end up being some overlap.
However, an intelligence buff/debuff is far more useful for the Shaman than a general AE debuff because it would help with their low damage output and reduces the chance of their abilities getting disrupted.
Yeah and yer a weakling is an aoe debuff that debuffs every offensive main stat, it clearly doesnt fill the same niche at all,it may not be good now but i doubt the intention for it or the aoe toughness debuff is for them to stay irrelevant forever, i assume both will be looked at some point in time to make them better.

Just dont wanna see a situation where the aoe debuffs get improved and now shamans want it back.

Ads
Thayli

Post#79 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:32 pm

bloodi wrote:
Spoiler:
catholicism198 wrote:This is a thread about the Shaman- and yes, Yer a Weaklin' would be removed to make room for Get'n Smarter as there would end up being some overlap.
Yeah and yer a weakling is an aoe debuff that debuffs every offensive main stat, it clearly doesnt fill the same niche at all,it may not be good now but i doubt the intention for it or the aoe toughness debuff is for them to stay irrelevant forever, i assume both will be looked at some point in time to make them better.

Just dont wanna see a situation where the aoe debuffs get improved and now shamans want it back.
Due to technical constraints, right now the only option of re-implementing Get'n Smarter is through replacement of an existing ability as far as I know. While I would like to see You'z Squishy and Yer A Weaklin' made viable too, I personally can accept having one of those replaced by Get'n Smarter for now. I'm sure this will all will be reviewed once the developers achieve client access.
Last edited by Thayli on Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thayli - SH
Thlayli - SQ

[Phalanx]

roadkillrobin

Post#80 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:35 pm

The thing about these debuffs like Yer a Weaklin and Youz Squishy is that they cost AP, don't heal or dps, triggers yiyr gcd and have very very little impact. If they were to heal from dps stacks or dps from heal stacks they would be usefull. But as a healer you don't wanna waste gcd's on not healing or and dps arn't really intreasted in the effect they give. They are completly trash in their current state. Something like the self dmg reduction on ZE/RP also triggers gcd but atleast you get your ap back for it. Id take Gettin Smarta over YaW any day unless they add a heal/dps portion based on stacks on to em. I doesn't even need to be big. Like a 400 AoE hit/heal would be sufficiant. And a CD increase to something like 20seconds.